The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrew's Faculty requirements for modern languages

Hello,
I am a current fifth year student sitting Highers in French, German, English, Modern Studies, and History. If I get the grades this year (5As) I'm considering applying to St Andrew's for German and Russian. However, I recently looked at the general entry requirements for the faculty of arts which state that applicants must have a credit grade in English and maths at Standard grade. The problem is that I got 61s, an Int2 A (in Biology), but I only managed a 3 in maths. Would this be a massive problem? Even if I exceeded the specific entry requirements? Or would I not even be considered because of this? :s-smilie:
You should phone them up to see if they will make an exception for you, seeing as you are capable in every other area except from maths. The maths paper last year was horrendous...did you totally fail the credit?! I am terrible at maths but I still managed to scrape a 1.

Anyway give the university a phone & explain the situation to them: that you are an extremely intelligent student who would like to study x course, will be most likely to achieve 5 A's but do not meet entry requirements for maths.

Which other unis are you applying for btw?
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by Bubblyminty
You should phone them up to see if they will make an exception for you, seeing as you are capable in every other area except from maths. The maths paper last year was horrendous...did you totally fail the credit?! I am terrible at maths but I still managed to scrape a 1.

Anyway give the university a phone & explain the situation to them: that you are an extremely intelligent student who would like to study x course, will be most likely to achieve 5 A's but do not meet entry requirements for maths.

Which other unis are you applying for btw?

I shall ring them up or email them tomorrow and see what they say about it. :smile: And...yeah I was that bad at maths. :colondollar:.
Thank you. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending