(Original post by jam277)
    There's no such thing as a hard group for barca :lol:
    meh AC Milan and Ajax is not exactly nice haha

ReputationRep:
    That's quite a blue looking group you have there. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    I see you winning 3-0 vs ajax twice, Milan depends back in 2011-12 season they were bosses but they've rebuilt quite nicely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnWise)
    I see we've relieved Anzhi of Eto'o's outlandish wages, now if only a team would be kind enough to relieve us of Torres. :yes:
    I really think Berbatov would have been a better option for us

ReputationRep:
    Saturday, September 14th: Everton (A)
    Wednesday, September 18th: Basel (H)
    Saturday, September 21st: Fulham (H)
    Saturday, September 28th: Tottenham (A)
    Tuesday, October 1st: Steaua Bucharest (A)
    Sunday, October 6th: Norwich (A)
    Saturday, October 19th: Cardiff (H)
    Tuesday, October 22nd: Schalke (A)
    Sunday, October 27th: Manchester City (H)
    Saturday, November 2nd: Newcastle (A)
    Wednesday, November 6th: Schalke (H)
    Saturday, November 9th: West Brom (H)
    Sunday, November 24th: West Ham (A)
    Tuesday, November 26th: Basel (A)
    Sunday, December 1st: Southampton (H)
    Saturday, December 7th: Stoke (A)
    Wednesday, December 11: Steaua Bucharest (H)
    Saturday, December 14th: Crystal Palace (H)

ReputationRep:
    Last 2 we had ridiculous groups, united have a hardish group but they'll come top of it I think. Sociedad to come 2nd in the group hopefully. Anyway I think I might place a £10 bet on arsenal playing europa league football.
    We've had tricky groups on a few occasions
    2006/07 we had Barcelona (season after they won it) and Werder Bremen (who were quite good IMO)
    2007/08 we had Schalke(who i think had just won the league) and Valencia
    2005/06 we had Liverpool in our group
    2009/10 we had Atletico(with Forlan and Aguero) and Porto (Hulk and up and coming Falcao)

We haven't had easy groups over the years but we make it through

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Ajax aren't particularly difficult. Real Madrid have had them like 3 times in the group stages and have scored like 15+ goals in 6 games.
    Dortmund trumped them 4-1 at their own stadium

Man City just made a mess tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Only difference is that Eto'o is still decent

Not seen you for a while
    True indeed!

I tend to drift in and out; did you miss me? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    There's no such thing as a hard group for barca :lol:
    Indeed...just..."less easy" :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    True indeed!

I did so much :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Are you fernando torres by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    I did so much :awesome:
    :love:

Are you fernando torres by any chance?
    Nice. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Kaka said: "I want to leave. The best thing for me and for the club is if I leave."

Inb4 he signs for Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    If Wallace does well at Inter he could return next year and rotate with Azpi, allowing Ivanovic to play CB more often. He looked very good in preseason, but he didn't have much defensive work to do and it was against poor opposition so I guess we'll see. If that does happen I think we'll be fine for CB for another season, perhaps start looking for a replacement for Terry unless Chalobah or Kalas can step up.
    Agree here.

As far as I know Mazzari likes the 3-5-2 system, so it'll interesting to see how he develops in that formation. Chalobah I don't think played many games as a CB at Watford, and think he mentioned that he feels more comfortable as a DM (not sure if it was him or Aké but I believe it was Chalobah). Kalas we'll have to see. Already has a cap for Portugal and he made it out of Vitesse so he must be good!
    Good to hear that about eto'o. He'll be good under mourinho if that's the case I feel.

Thought there was an ulterior motive in getting atsu tbf.

Pretty much what I was saying, remember essien can play there if needed and tbh I can trust him at full back or even CB, Cahill and terry seems like the best partnership though.

Tbh it's obvious that terry should have played more last season, I was never convinced with luiz/ivan and cahill/luiz as they have too many individual faults, while terry only lacks pace but is great at every other side of the game. I know he's got stick over the racism case, but in being a defender he's still top class. If we get a CB, they need to be as good as terry imo otherwise it's basically adding to an already congested squad.
    Yep, makes sense. Essien would work fine as a RB but not against strong opposition tbh. I did hear a few complaints about him being there but yes, he can cover there if needed. No idea about CB though!

Interestingly enough though we had conceded the least goals / got the most clean sheets (don't remember which), with Ivan/Luiz as the pairing though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Kaka said: "I want to leave. The best thing for me and for the club is if I leave."

Inb4 he signs for Chelsea.

(Original post by The Assassin)
    Agree here.

As far as I know Mazzari likes the 3-5-2 system, so it'll interesting to see how he develops in that formation. Chalobah I don't think played many games as a CB at Watford, and think he mentioned that he feels more comfortable as a DM (not sure if it was him or Aké but I believe it was Chalobah). Kalas we'll have to see. Already has a cap for Portugal and he made it out of Vitesse so he must be good!

Yep, makes sense. Essien would work fine as a RB but not against strong opposition tbh. I did hear a few complaints about him being there but yes, he can cover there if needed. No idea about CB though!

Interestingly enough though we had conceded the least goals / got the most clean sheets (don't remember which), with Ivan/Luiz as the pairing though.
    Tbf yeah I agree with the clean sheet stuff, I'd say thats also down to us bucking our ideas up and playing better as a team, and the fact they were our only pairing after january onwards when they got used to benitez and cahill/terry were injured/not fully fit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrmicrosoft)
    I really think Berbatov would have been a better option for us
    I think Eto is to old to be honest just Berbatov, I don't mean to sound like Wenger however I believe Chelsea needs a young striker like Morta (real Madrid player) who if was playing first team football every week would blossom into a world class striker like Torres in his Athletico Madrid and Liverpool days.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matthewmurphy321)
    I think Eto is to old to be honest just Berbatov, I don't mean to sound like Wenger however I believe Chelsea needs a young striker like Morta (real Madrid player) who if was playing first team football every week would blossom into a world class striker like Torres in his Athletico Madrid and Liverpool days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have you forgotten about Lukaku? Last I checked he was a very promising young striker but at Chelsea youth are pushed aside for ready made players. He obviously needs consistent game time and he won't get it at Chelsea, he should have been sent on loan again to a club in a European competition. It would have been best for his development

ReputationRep:
    anyone know anything about christian atsu?! i can't believe we are signign another attacking midfielder!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=sevchenko;44264342]Have you forgotten about Lukaku? Last I checked he was a very promising young striker but at Chelsea youth are pushed aside for ready made players. He obviously needs consistent game time and he won't get it at Chelsea, he should have been sent on loan again to a club in a European competition. It would have been best for his development[/ I agree completely and it's a shame such a young talent been wasted on the bench however I think he makes his biggest impacts when coming of the bench. For example when he scored a hat trick against Man United for West Brom last season that was coming of the bench!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manty)
    anyone know anything about christian atsu?! i can't believe we are signign another attacking midfielder!
    It's getting stupid now! In my opinion we need a new CB and should dispatch of Torres and Ba.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.