The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1060
Original post by pinkgorilla
I totally agree. I am so happy that there were so many graph questions and not as much knowledge required, cos I literally learned the whole of B1 in less than a week because the last time I dont it was in jan 2012 and it was a late entry. So yeah, very easy :biggrin:

Same here over the weekend I didn't sleep for all of saturday and went to bed at like 11AM on Sunday, recorded my self and then listened to all of it whilst listening to piano music that I played for 20 minutes then played it back through my headphones, it helps me revise and remember so much stuff! So many give away marks especially on the 1 and 2 mark ones, you confident for the chemistry on Monday? And have you got History on Monday in the morning aswell?
Original post by J_Choda
Same here over the weekend I didn't sleep for all of saturday and went to bed at like 11AM on Sunday, recorded my self and then listened to all of it whilst listening to piano music that I played for 20 minutes then played it back through my headphones, it helps me revise and remember so much stuff! So many give away marks especially on the 1 and 2 mark ones, you confident for the chemistry on Monday? And have you got History on Monday in the morning aswell?

Nahh, I've done C1 last year january. But I have Nazi Germany on Monday....
Can anyone post the questions and unofficial mark scheme for this exam please!!
Original post by TherHig
I think it will be a bit lower:biggrin: like around 20

like the cytoplasm and membrane thing:rolleyes:

did your teacher said this ? or is this is your own personal prediction?
Original post by ExamNerd123
Just got my result back for some reason dont know why..

? How did you do?
Original post by J_Choda
I picked the first one and when I got out the exam I found out that that was the one :smile: you?

So it is box one then?! 'Cos that is what I ticked.
Reply 1066
Original post by Jambon66
So it is box one then?! 'Cos that is what I ticked.

I think it was the first one, it must have been because it was a pyramid of biomass!! :smile:
Original post by ADT666
I think it was the first one, it must have been because it was a pyramid of biomass!! :smile:

I suppose it would have to be.
Reply 1068

I'll show this to my friend who thinks it's option 3!
But it does not make sense as the question asked you to refer to the graph and the graph showed the number of plant plankton higher then the number of insect plankton.
I'll show this to my friend who thinks it's option 3!

My friend still thinks that it may not be option 1 as "there can sometimes be inverted pyramids of biomass."
He also said "why would they just ask for JUNE? If you looked at June, the animal plankton went down a lotbecause there might not have been enough biomass before it to feed on."
And also look at the picture showing the exceptions for the pyramid
Reply 1073
Original post by king_revision
Your argument is flawed slightly - I passed your information onto my head of science as I thought you were onto something. But, the quantity of a producer and consumer, doesn't affect a biomass pyramid. As the pyramid is based on biomass not numbers, therefore he said it was option 1.

I don't really see why people are arguing about it to make themselves feel better. Just wait for the results. It might be option 3, but I'm confident it's option 1.

i asked my head of science, and my teachers, they said because of june its the 3rd box, man even CGP guide says this as well, trust me, im uploading an unofficila mark scheme soon anyways so hold tight
Yeah I thought it was the third box as well because AQA wouldn't give away marks that easily when they asked previous questions which were easy
Whats the point of arguing about this? Whats done is done. We will find out when the OFFICIAL mark scheme comes out !!!
Reply 1076
Original post by atticusstar
did your teacher said this ? or is this is your own personal prediction?

just a guess
Original post by taz1996
i asked my head of science, and my teachers, they said because of june its the 3rd box, man even CGP guide says this as well, trust me, im uploading an unofficila mark scheme soon anyways so hold tight

Okay, but point of information : the CGP revision guide also says you don't need to know about it - it tells you to forget it said anything. And the spec doesn't require you to know it.
Reply 1078
Original post by a123a
What would you say 49 marks is in this exam?

easily A* around 39 is the A* boundary
What about the rest of the grade boundaries? How many marks do you think for an A, B or C? It would be good if the grade boundaries were low but there were some easy questions. Although, the last question was hard about the plant plankton!

Btw which box did you pick for the very last question about the pyramid of Biomass? I put box 1 but I have doubts now as it is currently disputable whether it was box 1 or 3.

Bonjour, Jambon :P

I see you've been following the websites I go on at school... ...But I'll answer your questions anyways. I would firstly I predict the grade boundaries this year to be around:

A* - 41 raw marks
A - 35 raw marks
B - 29 raw marks
C - 22 raw marks
D - 17 raw marks

And the pyramid of biomass question, I would think it'd be the third box:
1. Why would they just ask for the best representation of June?
2. The numbers of animal algae are decreasing rapidly in June, so it might've been because there was not enough biomass to feed the animal algae at that time (leading to a pyramid of biomass with a smaller bottom block)

Latest

Trending

Trending