The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

University of Leicester Accommodation

Hi,

I'm looking at making the University of Leicester my insurance choice, and was wondering when to apply for accommodation. I emailed them and asked and was sent:
"Please wait until the University of Leicester is your confirmed choice before submitting an application for accommodation with us."

Does this mean that I would only apply for accommodation there if I miss the grades I need for my firm choice (i.e. in August, after results day)?

Reply 1
Yep, you can only apply if you firm them :smile:
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by jess_m94
Yep, you can only apply if you firm them :smile:

But doesn't that mean that people who put them as insurance may miss out on the better accommodation? Is it first-come-first-served?
Reply 3
Original post by chroli1
But doesn't that mean that people who put them as insurance may miss out on the better accommodation? Is it first-come-first-served?

Yep :smile:
There are other accommodations for students though. There are loads of halls between the university and the city centre that are usually used by DMU students but UoL students are welcome too. A lot of them are pretty good and not badly priced, especially as you won't be needing a bus pass. If you want to have a back up you can just search for it on the internet but your best places to start would be Code residences and Liberty Park Student Accommodation. There are even more but they seem to be the closest to campus.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 5
Original post by chroli1

Yes, unis do this to encourage people to firm them, but don't worry if you have it as insurance you'll still probably be up at Oadby.
Reply 6
Original post by chroli1

Yes, but remember that some people with it as their firm choice won't get in so it's not too bad. I know people who had it as their insurance who ended up in self-catered ensuite anyway (this is the most popular option and there is the smallest amount of rooms of this type)

At the end of the day, you only want to be in Oadby and you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 7
Wish the video of oadby studebt village on the uni website got updated, it is a bit outdated!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending