The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mahrukh khan
Can anyone please tell me how to draw a standard deviation graph in the biology 3B may2012 question 1b(ii)

Okay, the standard deviation for the first point is 0.09!
So you add 0.09 to that point ( in this case 4.1) and draw a small horizontal line, then you go down 0.09 ( from 4.1) and draw another horizontal line.
Reply 281
Hello! I was just hoping somebody could clear this up for me. Can i break graphs in 3B? And start a graph from a number other than zero? because i've come across this really weird graph and i have no idea what to do about it.:confused:
Original post by azzbz14
Hello! I was just hoping somebody could clear this up for me. Can i break graphs in 3B? And start a graph from a number other than zero? because i've come across this really weird graph and i have no idea what to do about it.:confused:

Yes you can break graphs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tanjina95
How can I plot standard deviation in a graph?I can plot the graph knowing the independant and dependant variables but I have no idea how to plot SD.This came in many of the recent papers for e.g Jan13 Q1b(i)and Jan12 Q1b(ii).Please explain using any example as soon as possible,my exam is tomorrow!

Dont worryy it's very simple
All you need to do, is add and subtract the SD from your point
FOR EXAMPLE, if your point is 345 and SD is 8 .. you add 8 and then draw a little horizontal line .. then subtract 8 and draw another horizontal line
Like this picture that only shows bar graph but the point is to see the horizontal line images.jpg
Original post by thextractor007
which year?

2013 jan :frown:
unit 3 atleast my exam is tmrw for bio
Reply 285
Original post by Relaxedexams
That sounds far fetched IMO.
For biology they have coursework instead of practicals ryt? Unlike chem n phy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could be possible.
Reply 286
I'm just hoping the exam won't be messed up :frown:
Reply 287
I'm done with all the past papers, examiner reports as well as the practicals. Yet, I still feel the need to revise.... any suggestions?
Original post by NilFBosh
Could be possible.

so whats the most probably to come for q2, which topic? so i can read abt it at least
Reply 289
Hi what does it mean by the sd overlap and how and where do they overlap
Help me pls

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 290
Original post by Daniel Atieh
so whats the most probably to come for q2, which topic? so i can read abt it at least

Most likely to be topics from Unit 1, ex, CVD..
I recommend you just skimming through the unit 1 syllabus
Reply 291
Original post by Zuhairie
Help me pls

Posted from TSR Mobile

it means standard deviations overlap. when they overlap, the data is said to be less reliable. Say you had SD's of 4 and 6 those overlap (PS: they can never go that high) the data is not reliable, even if SD's are given
Another problem in Bibliography in jan 2012, any body pleaseee help me heree! tell me the exact answer for both and explain for me too! thankss!
1.jpg2.jpg
Reply 293
Original post by Zuhairie
Help me pls

Posted from TSR Mobile

Give me the question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 294
Another problem in Bibliography in jan 2012, any body pleaseee help me heree! tell me the exact answer for both and explain for me too! thankss!
1.jpg2.jpg

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?
attachmentid=213534&stc=1&d=1367829796
Reply 295
What does implication mean?What should I keep in mind while answering the question about economic,environmental,social and ethical implications?Please explain using any relevant example from the question paper!
Reply 296
1.jpg2.jpg

Jiang, Dennis is the author where Dennis is his first name and Jiang is the second. The correct answer to the question is Jiang, Dennis, 2008, "The Stem Cells That Promise No Miracles", the Journal of Young Investigators,18 (3)

as to the second question, what u have written is wrong. U can write that the student can give a reference to the Kew paper.
Reply 297
Original post by CelloForLife
Dont worryy it's very simple
All you need to do, is add and subtract the SD from your point
FOR EXAMPLE, if your point is 345 and SD is 8 .. you add 8 and then draw a little horizontal line .. then subtract 8 and draw another horizontal line
Like this picture that only shows bar graph but the point is to see the horizontal line images.jpg

Yes,I get it.So,after drawing the two horizontal lines, we draw a vertical line on the centre of the two horizontal lines,right?Can youl please show the graph with SD from Jan12 Q1b(ii).It would be really helpful,thanks.
Original post by NilFBosh
Jiang, Dennis is the author where Dennis is his first name and Jiang is the second. The correct answer to the question is Jiang, Dennis, 2008, "The Stem Cells That Promise No Miracles", the Journal of Young Investigators,18 (3)

as to the second question, what u have written is wrong. U can write that the student can give a reference to the Kew paper.

for the second one what is a kew paper? didn't get ur point here..
ad for the first one 18(3) isnt a part of the date? and they said quoted IN Jiang ...so what does it mean ? am confused nw rlly.....i thought its the place
Reply 299
for the second one what is a kew paper? didn't get ur point here..
ad for the first one 18(3) isnt a part of the date? and they said quoted IN Jiang ...so what does it mean ? am confused nw rlly.....i thought its the place

Kew Ref is there in the 3rd paragraph

And they mean it was quoted in "Jiang, Dennis....." something like that.

The date thing i'm not sure but yeah better to write "18 (3) 2008" at the end of the bibliography

Latest

Trending

Trending