The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by examman123
On the issue of using black ballpoint pens, it's advisable to use black ballpoint pens as the papers are now scanned and sent to the marking examiners. Blue ink doesn't show up that well when scanned. Better be safe than sorry, so always best to use a normal black ballpoint pen. 👌

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll get one right now :tongue: thank you and good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Relaxedexams plz solve for me question 2 in jan 2013 part a(iv) drawing of the bar chart and plz post it here plz!!! also is it possible to draw a pie chart for that?
Reply 382
so u think if i order a recheck they will correct it manually and change my grade ?
Reply 383
Original post by elfajare
so u think if i order a recheck they will correct it manually and change my grade ?

I think its too late for that now
Original post by Relaxedexams
Since a question on mitosis has never come before, its difficult to tell and depends on the question.

Im guessing maybe
Mineral concentration.
Roots taken from same plant.
Temperature?

All these are guesses so don't take them seriously, just get an idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What Mineral concentration?!? Did i miss something?
Reply 385
Original post by Daniel Atieh
Relaxedexams plz solve for me question 2 in jan 2013 part a(iv) drawing of the bar chart and plz post it here plz!!! also is it possible to draw a pie chart for that?

Pie chart is not accepted
I actually believe that it won't be the Mitosis Experiment. The fact that it is the last experiment that has not come up yet makes me think that it won't be it this year. Because so many people will speculate that it is the mitosis one and prepare for this experiment, I think they on purpose used a different experiment.
I am guessing Beetroot, Vitamin C...
Reply 387

Here u goImageUploadedByStudent Room1367847615.311285.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
NilFBosh please check for me this one, I didn't completeit but is my idea correct? its jan 2013 paper q2 part aiv this.jpg
Reply 389
NilFBosh please check for me this one, I didn't completeit but is my idea correct? its jan 2013 paper q2 part aiv this.jpg

yep. its correct
Original post by NilFBosh
yep. its correct

THANKS MAN really! and the distance between the first bar and the y axis can be different from the rest right?
Also man the only thing that am worried about is this **** implications, u explained to me yesterday but i thnk am not so confident in writing them...like try (if possible to help me more in this)...also tell me exactly what does implication mean? haha ....what i thought and i knw its wrong is that for e.g when they say explain this environmental implication, I thought that it means explain the environmental PROBLEMS only from the extract, which is not the main point only...so tell me more abt it :colondollar::smile:
umm is it necessary to include values in y.axis. i din put any vlues n da rest is fine..
Reply 392
Original post by blazingfire
umm is it necessary to include values in y.axis. i din put any vlues n da rest is fine..

u have to know
Hey guys,
many question ask Describe how you would represent it visually.
Do I have to say then : "You should use a bar graph with ... " or should I DRAW a bargraph. Because in the markschemes it always looks like they want an actual graph and not a description?

And: What would a Flowchart look like. There was one Question where you had to summarise the date in a flowchart. Cant remember which paper... But how would you do it?

Also is it possible to draw two bar charts - one for each crop?
Reply 395
Anyone able to explain the use of cling film in the 'Totipotency in plants' experiment? ef.jpg
The method is from the notes found in the first post

I've so far come up with these answers:
- Why they are covered in cling film: to prevent growth of foreign microbes/pathogens
- Why they grow even when covered: light and nutrients are still available (?) not sure about this though
- Why they shouldn't be opened again: ??? no clue
Original post by SKK94
Anyone able to explain the use of cling film in the 'Totipotency in plants' experiment? ef.jpg
The method is from the notes found in the first post

I've so far come up with these answers:
- Why they are covered in cling film: to prevent growth of foreign microbes/pathogens
- Why they grow even when covered: light and nutrients are still available (?) not sure about this though
- Why they shouldn't be opened again: ??? no clue

nice job! i dun hv to learn this process ryt???:eek:
also they shud not be opened again MAYBE cauz of escape of bacteria (if present haha) i dunno rlly
i think da answer to the last qn is fr da same reason as the last..
Also is it possible to draw two bar charts - one for each crop?

No. They ask you to compare, so have to draw in one graph.

Ps:- was late to post graph

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey! Does anyone have any ideas as to what question 2 is likely to be about?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending