Scroll to see replies

Reply 880
Did not like that AT all :frown:
Reply 881
my drawing of Yardangs was horrendous
safe to say i'll see you all next year when i resit
Reply 882
Original post by Graceyfave
We can talk about it- the rules only apply to edexcel where you have to wait 12 hours

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sweet, well I found that much harder than I expected it to be :frown:

The coast section was ****
Reply 883
Original post by cjwalker
Did not like that AT all :frown:

What topics did you do?
Reply 884
What on earth was flood magnitude frequency analysis for the first question in rivers..? I talked about flood severity and how often a flood would occur
The rivers and coast sections were just awful. Hadn't learnt about flood magnitude severity but took an educated guess. Drew an emergent feature instead of submergent for coasts. Had to rub the entire thing out and scribble out all of the writing and squash my answer in. Horrific. Hopefully made up for it in population and health...
Reply 886
Original post by SoAce
What topics did you do?

I did Rivers, Coasts, Population and Food.

And AGREED, the coasts was so annoying! I drew a Dalmation coast for the sketch but I'm not sure how you're supposed to get 4 marks from it, and 5 from describing how it's formed as it's quite a short explanation (the one I revised anyway)..waaaaaa :frown:
Reply 887
Original post by MobQ
What on earth was flood magnitude frequency analysis for the first question in rivers..? I talked about flood severity and how often a flood would occur

Agreed!! I genuinely think flood-magnitude frequency isn't in the textbook or the CGP...fairly annoying :s-smilie: And i think I put something along the lines of 'a measure to assess how often a flood of a certain magnitude may occur or return to a certain area'

Resit here I come. :smile:
Agreed!! I genuinely think flood-magnitude frequency isn't in the textbook or the CGP...fairly annoying :s-smilie: And i think I put something along the lines of 'a measure to assess how often a flood of a certain magnitude may occur or return to a certain area'

Resit here I come. :smile:

It wasn't in the textbook but a similar question was on a past paper... Thank god for my past paper revision last night

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 889
Did not enjoy that at all. I did rivers, coasts, population and health.
Reply 890
Original post by imnotcharlotte
It wasn't in the textbook but a similar question was on a past paper... Thank god for my past paper revision last night

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh the closest thing I could think of was flood RI (return interval)..hoping I at least got 1 of the 2 marks there though haha
Reply 891
I did Rivers, Coasts, Population and Food.

And AGREED, the coasts was so annoying! I drew a Dalmation coast for the sketch but I'm not sure how you're supposed to get 4 marks from it, and 5 from describing how it's formed as it's quite a short explanation (the one I revised anyway)..waaaaaa :frown:

I don't even know what that is :s-smilie:. I ended up drawing wave-cut platforms since i had a total blank:frown:.
Most of my class drew about Fjords though, was this correct since I though fjords were in rivers not coasts:frown:
Human sections were ok though, health 15 marker was relatively easy and most of the population was good as well.
Original post by griffevan
Did not enjoy that at all. I did rivers, coasts, population and health.

The health 15 marker was nice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 893
anyone got a thread for the wjec as geog exam?
Reply 894
just done the exam, overall I thought it was ok, however didnt know the magnitude thing so I took an educated guess haha, for the submergent landform I did a Fjord long profile and cross profile

Posted from TSR Mobile
THAT PAPER WAS A B******D. :mad:
Reply 896
What did people write about on the description of the dam? And what the hell were we supposed to write for socioeconomic and social welfare bit?? Last question, for glaciers what did people write for describing the glacier? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
omg I ran out of time so missed out the 5 marker on the Manchester thing in health... :frown:
Yeh the closest thing I could think of was flood RI (return interval)..hoping I at least got 1 of the 2 marks there though haha

how did people fin the population? socio economic question I talked about two ward of local city and discussed age type,average income, employment rate, job types, % house rented % owned??

then the second question i talked about in the rural/urban fringe the provision for old people is weighted against the young so lead to asbo and outward migration. then in the city incomes lower so for theft and crime. lower quality of life due to graphiti etc

am i on the correct path?!
Omg i predicted 2 questions correct! And both were 15 markers! Wooo!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending