The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St. Andrew's nightlife?

Hi everyone, this is my first ever post so I'm not really sure how to go about this but...

I received an unconditional offer from St. Andrew's yesterday (Yay!) but I'm really torn between there, Sheffield and Edinburgh.
Obviously St. Andrew's has an amazing reputation but I want to go somewhere where I can have a good time too! I know it's not exactly going to have a majorly wild nightlife, but does anyone know anything about the nightlife? I know that this is really stereotypical, but in the least offensive way possible do you think that the students there would be boring and never want to go out or anything?!

Help would be much appreciated - I'm so torn!:confused:
Harsh truth is St Andrews is pretty dead at the weekends. Edinburgh is much better in terms of an all-round university (location,nightlife etc). Not too sure about Sheffield tho.

I'd recommend you visit the unis first and make a decision then but to answer you question it's a really small town with little nightlife.

Posted from TSR Mobile
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Original post by EFM_x
Hi everyone, this is my first ever post so I'm not really sure how to go about this but...

I received an unconditional offer from St. Andrew's yesterday (Yay!) but I'm really torn between there, Sheffield and Edinburgh.
Obviously St. Andrew's has an amazing reputation but I want to go somewhere where I can have a good time too! I know it's not exactly going to have a majorly wild nightlife, but does anyone know anything about the nightlife? I know that this is really stereotypical, but in the least offensive way possible do you think that the students there would be boring and never want to go out or anything?!

St Andrews is far from dead when it comes to nights out. It really is what you make of it but we're definitely not all "boring" and want to stay in every night. We do the usual, and house parties are a big thing.. we just don't have any proper big clubs. Saying that, pubs often run buses to clubs in Dundee or you could go to Dundee and get a taxi back if you really wanted a proper club night out.
Reply 3
Original post by EFM_x

I would question whoever you heard that "stereotype" from. St Andrews is far from 'boring' in terms of nightlife.
Reply 4
I never studied at St Andrews myself, but my ex-boyfriend did, and I visited him several times. Just like you, I was very skeptical about what the nightlife would be like in such a small town, but don't worry - there are always things going on at night.

I always thought that I would end up studying in London as it seemed like the most exciting place to be, but after visiting St Andrews I would not want to study anywhere else in the world. If you are unsure, I would still recommend visiting though.
can you go out like 5 times a week if u want to? or would you be the only one?
Reply 6
Original post by joey buttafuoco
can you go out like 5 times a week if u want to? or would you be the only one?

Sure can. Tuesday to Saturday throughout semester there will be people out. Friday and Saturday are obviously the nights most people will go out though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending