The Student Room Group

AQA Psychology A - AS: June 2013

Hey there folks, just wondering if there are any fellow psych students out there sitting any proportion of the AQA Psychology A, at AS this June?

I am currently studying with a home learning course and can work at my own pace (no compulsory exam dates) but plan to do the full AS in June this year. Anybody else on my boat?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yessssss im resitting all my aqa psychology A exams in the summer ,so thats unit 1,2 and 3!Not stared revision yet.Gna start on wednseday - got a feelin iv left it abit late,any good tips on how to revise for the unit 2 mainly?i feel its got way more content than unit 1:/ i understand majority of the stuff,its just makin it stick in my head that thts the hard bit!!

Oh then iv also got unit 4 in june,thats not a resit (last exam though!!!)wooopaaah:badger:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Rumaanaa
yessssss im resitting all my aqa psychology A exams in the summer ,so thats unit 1,2 and 3!Not stared revision yet.Gna start on wednseday - got a feelin iv left it abit late,any good tips on how to revise for the unit 2 mainly?i feel its got way more content than unit 1:/ i understand majority of the stuff,its just makin it stick in my head that thts the hard bit!!

Oh then iv also got unit 4 in june,thats not a resit (last exam though!!!)wooopaaah:badger:

Wowwwww! You are resitting the 3 quarters of the full A-Level in June? Damn man that's brave! I thought what I was doing was hard. I just started the course in Jan 2013, aiming to complete AS by June and A2 by Jan2014.

So I'm still on Unit 1, currently on Attachment. Still have Attachment in Everyday Life, Investigation Design, Data-analysis and presentation and also Research Methods left of Unit 1. How did you find Unit 1? And what were your weaknesses that made you have to re-sit?
Reply 3
Original post by bell_wv
Wowwwww! You are resitting the 3 quarters of the full A-Level in June? Damn man that's brave! I thought what I was doing was hard. I just started the course in Jan 2013, aiming to complete AS by June and A2 by Jan2014.

So I'm still on Unit 1, currently on Attachment. Still have Attachment in Everyday Life, Investigation Design, Data-analysis and presentation and also Research Methods left of Unit 1. How did you find Unit 1? And what were your weaknesses that made you have to re-sit?

my weakness was that i was a lazy TW4T at AS lol ,i was predicted U's for all my exams but somehow i got a C for Uni1 (2marks off a B) *& i thought it was ok considering that my only way of last minute revision was by my good friend telling me EVERYTHING the night before the exam.Uni2 sucks tho-interesting,but way to much content.Its MUCH worse for unit3 ,3x 24 marker essays ,only in the space of 90mins.

so going to thoroughly start revision this friday hopefully ,have you got any good revision websidtes or resources, i want like a summary of each unit on a big mindmap-thatd help so much!
How are you finding it so far,and how are you revising for it?Just out of curiosity,how comes your doing a home learning course and not via college?are you a mature student if you dont mind me asking :smile: ?
Reply 4
Well done on getting a C when one considers you were predicted U's! Go you :smile:)... Yeah I notice it really is content heavy :/ I'm sure I will be able to cover Unit1+2 fairly well to sit both exams in June.

Yeah actually I do :biggrin: this might help you:
http://psychology4a.com/

This is the site I am using at the minute, along side the course material I have on paper, it's really helpful! I'm actually really enjoying it, remembering the names and dates of the studies can be challenging as that was never my strong point :frown:! Constant rehearsal and cross checks with that website is how I am revising.

In reference to the home study thing, I should be finishing my A2 exams in June and preparing to head to UNI although I dropped out of school. Pretty stupid I know, but we all have our own rocky chapters. I couldn't bare the wait until this September to re-join with any school or college, so decided to do it intdependently. It's certainly a lot more challenging, as I have no teacher to help frame my answers, everything is down to me and my own learning methods. I was doing Maths, Accountancy and Double ICT at my old school, and attained B, B, A, A at AS. I hope I haven't taken too much under my belt, but I am working hard :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by bell_wv
Well done on getting a C when one considers you were predicted U's! Go you :smile:)... Yeah I notice it really is content heavy :/ I'm sure I will be able to cover Unit1+2 fairly well to sit both exams in June.

Yeah actually I do :biggrin: this might help you:
http://psychology4a.com/

This is the site I am using at the minute, along side the course material I have on paper, it's really helpful! I'm actually really enjoying it, remembering the names and dates of the studies can be challenging as that was never my strong point :frown:! Constant rehearsal and cross checks with that website is how I am revising.

In reference to the home study thing, I should be finishing my A2 exams in June and preparing to head to UNI although I dropped out of school. Pretty stupid I know, but we all have our own rocky chapters. I couldn't bare the wait until this September to re-join with any school or college, so decided to do it intdependently. It's certainly a lot more challenging, as I have no teacher to help frame my answers, everything is down to me and my own learning methods. I was doing Maths, Accountancy and Double ICT at my old school, and attained B, B, A, A at AS. I hope I haven't taken too much under my belt, but I am working hard :biggrin:

wow!well goodluck with that,hpefully you do really well!!let me know if youd like any help, iv been getting grade A's on my essays from unit 2 and unit 1 as i make my teacher mark them for me ,shes helping me with revision so i woudt mind typing them up for you :smile:

goodluck with everything and keep working hard!xD
Reply 6
We've kind of done the course backwards, we did unit 2 (Social, Individual difference and Biological psychology) first. And we're going to be doing unit 1 (developmental, cognitive and research methods) in June :smile:
I got an A in the Unit 2 exam which was quite surprising since 180/230 people at my college got U's in it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Rumaanaa
wow!well goodluck with that,hpefully you do really well!!let me know if youd like any help, iv been getting grade A's on my essays from unit 2 and unit 1 as i make my teacher mark them for me ,shes helping me with revision so i woudt mind typing them up for you :smile:

goodluck with everything and keep working hard!xD

Thank you! i wish you all the best as well :smile:! I am relatively new to TSR, is there some way we can add as friends so I will be able to chat with you in the future?
Reply 8
Original post by ItsImran
We've kind of done the course backwards, we did unit 2 (Social, Individual difference and Biological psychology) first. And we're going to be doing unit 1 (developmental, cognitive and research methods) in June :smile:
I got an A in the Unit 2 exam which was quite surprising since 180/230 people at my college got U's in it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have hear some people say it's easier when learnt in this fashion. Well done on the A, this is what I am hoping to attain :biggrin:! Yeah, I don't think it gets as much credit as it should, it's harder than perceived!

You have been doing Unit 1 from January then right? How far along are you? I also started Unit 1 in Jan and I have covered cognitive and half of developmental.
Reply 9
Original post by bell_wv
Thank you! i wish you all the best as well :smile:! I am relatively new to TSR, is there some way we can add as friends so I will be able to chat with you in the future?

Added youu!& if youd like to message me just click on my name and click the 'send messag' button.I only joined this month,its all simple !youl get used to it!xD
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by bell_wv
I have hear some people say it's easier when learnt in this fashion. Well done on the A, this is what I am hoping to attain :biggrin:! Yeah, I don't think it gets as much credit as it should, it's harder than perceived!

You have been doing Unit 1 from January then right? How far along are you? I also started Unit 1 in Jan and I have covered cognitive and half of developmental.

Thanks!
I've really enjoyed the course so far, really interesting stuff.
And yeah I've been working on this unit since February, in class we've finished developmental psychology and have been working through research methods too. We're starting cognitive after these Easter holidays :smile:
make sure you work on research methods too! They're quite a chunk of the exam.

good luck with your revision and drop me a message if you want to ask anything😊
Reply 11
Thanks!
I've really enjoyed the course so far, really interesting stuff.
And yeah I've been working on this unit since February, in class we've finished developmental psychology and have been working through research methods too. We're starting cognitive after these Easter holidays :smile:
make sure you work on research methods too! They're quite a chunk of the exam.

good luck with your revision and drop me a message if you want to ask anything������

Awesome I'm glad you're enjoying it! So you've finished developmental and research methods from Feb? :O! That's quite a lot of work in such a short period of time.

You too buddy, I'm sure we will speak again soon :biggrin:
Reply 12
Yeah, we've covered all of it! Well at least my teacher said we have; although I'm doing some independent study too. We have to move quickly to cram it in.. Only 6 teaching weeks left😞

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Yeah, we've covered all of it! Well at least my teacher said we have; although I'm doing some independent study too. We have to move quickly to cram it in.. Only 6 teaching weeks left������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn! I think i'm going to need to re-evaluate the workload I have to get through in time for the exams. I think maybe sitting Unit 1 and 2 within just 5 months of work might be a little much, along side my business studies A-Level.
Original post by bell_wv

There's no such thing as January exams next year.
Reply 15
I've got unit 2 in June, did unit 1 in January!
Reply 16
My school also do the course backwards meaning i did unit 2 in January and am sitting unit 1 in May. We've finished the course content but some was rushed so we'll probably revisit those parts in lesson time
Reply 17
Original post by mynameisntbobk
There's no such thing as January exams next year.

Yeah I am aware of that now.
Reply 18
I'm doing the unit 1 exam in June! Memory, attachment and RM :smile:
How's everyone finding it?
Reply 19
Unit 2 dude here! I hate Stress >.<

Quick Reply