A: 70
B: 65
C: 58
D: 51
E: 45

And full UMS cap: 90
Reply 201
Original post by walkers38
What was your gradient. Mine was 2.7 which is in the right range. The right answer will probably be allowed anything from 2 to 3.

Are you sure the gradient wasn't in a range around 10 times higher?, as the majority of my friends all got values around 25 or 26. I got 26.4 btw
Reply 202
Original post by axi0m
Are you sure the gradient wasn't in a range around 10 times higher?, as the majority of my friends all got values around 25 or 26. I got 26.4 btw

Haha. I genuinely meant 27.7. :embarrassed: So yeah seems right.
Reply 203
Haha. I genuinely meant 27.7. :embarrassed: So yeah seems right.

ok :smile: not sure how people managed to get a value close to 9.8 for the "calculate g" question, as I rearranged the equation to get v^2/2.8sin(theta) = g, but had no idea which value to use for theta, so i ended up getting something like 14ms^-2
Reply 204
Original post by axi0m
ok :smile: not sure how people managed to get a value close to 9.8 for the "calculate g" question, as I rearranged the equation to get v^2/2.8sin(theta) = g, but had no idea which value to use for theta, so i ended up getting something like 14ms^-2

I got 9.71 I think? Was that the choc in the microwave question?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 205
Original post by ArchieL
I got 9.71 I think? Was that the choc in the microwave question?

No, it was the last part of the trolley question.
Reply 206
Original post by axi0m
No, it was the last part of the trolley question.

Haha, of course it was, sorry! And I just subbed the value for the gradient into that? (26-7 I think I got for that)
Reply 207
For the last question in Section C, did you guys get 2.94 x 10^8 and uncertainty 0.3 x 10^8. Uncertainty has to be 1 sf.

I couldnt get the uncertainty how did you get that may I ask? I got the 2.94x10^8 though
Reply 208
Original post by Mathletic
I couldnt get the uncertainty how did you get that may I ask? I got the 2.94x10^8 though

Uncertainty is 0.49x10^8
You do the equation with the maximum wavelength and the average wavelength and subtract the answers
Reply 209
For the last question in Section C, did you guys get 2.94 x 10^8 and uncertainty 0.3 x 10^8. Uncertainty has to be 1 sf.

Why would you go to 1dp, when in your c, you have it to two. and I swear it's like 2.94 x 10^8 +/- 0.49 x 10^8 ms^-1
Reply 210

Original post by jelmes96
Why would you go to 1dp, when in your c, you have it to two. and I swear it's like 2.94 x 10^8 +/- 0.49 x 10^8 ms^-1

thats what i put. if only we had a markscheme
I'm sure I remember past papers allowing you to give a maximum of 2 sig figs, for both the answer and the uncertainty. I gave mine to 2, but I stupidly forgot to times the distance between hotspots by 2, do you think I'll get any marks for finding an estimate for the distance between hotspots, and then using the smallest possible value to work out the uncertainty, albeit without doubling it?
Reply 212
I take it no one has managed to get a copy of the paper yet then? XD I really wanna see it for some reason...
Reply 213
Exam was quite tricky but section C was quite easy. I reckon:

A: 70
B: 65
C: 58
D: 51
E: 45

And full UMS cap: 90

Oh, how I had hoped...

Posted from TSR Mobile
These boundaries are ridiculous.
Reply 215
Got an A!!!!!! With UMS of 258/300. Feeling ecstatic. But I have now dropped it. Goodbye physics forever.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 216
Original post by King Hotpie
These boundaries are ridiculous.

What grade did you get then? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
What grade did you get then? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got an A, with 279 UMS! Don't ask how, I'm in complete shock. How about you?
EDIT: Never mind, just scrolled up. Well done! :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 218
Original post by King Hotpie
I got an A, with 279 UMS! Don't ask how, I'm in complete shock. How about you?
EDIT: Never mind, just scrolled up. Well done! :biggrin:

Well done :clap2: What subjects are you going to be doing for A2?
Well done :clap2: What subjects are you going to be doing for A2?

Maths, physics and chemistry I think, also hopefully self studying further maths. And yourself?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending