The Student Room Group

How much should I study a day

Hey guys,
I'm new to the forum so I hope threads like these are allowed.

Basically I have 9 Standard Grades/Int 2s coming up now, starting on the 29th of April and I have the Easter holidays to start revising. My prelim grades were good 6 1s, 1 A and 2 Bs, but I obviously want straight 1s/As. The good thing is the ones I got Bs in isolated from the rest of my exams, giving me 16 days to revise just for them.

But now that my first exam (SG English) is just 24 days away, how many subjects and for how long a day should I revise ?

Thanks guys.
As much as you effectively can. Enjoy standard grades, they are fun and much less stressful than highers. You'll have plenty of time to party/have fun after your exams.
Reply 2
For my intermediate 2s I studied like a month before for the subjects I was picking next year (Biology, Chemistry, Geography, English) but ones that I found silly like Admin and Music I studied like a couple of days before and I managed to come out with 9a's. I wouldn't say they require too much studying so don't get your knickers in a twist over SG's/int 2s, they are not the most important if you get a B. But obviously try your best to do the best you can!
There's no universal level of how much you should study, and it's really hard to tell you what a 'right' amount would be as someone who has no idea what it's like in your brain.

1 hour of efficient study is better than 3 hours of crap study; keep that in mind. It's why a lot of people who work hard end up failing - they're putting the work in, but they have poor study technique so don't end up learning much, despite all the hours. I linked to places where you'll find a good few study tips here.

If you're getting almost straight As, I'd say you're good to just keep doing whatever you're doing. However, you'll want to ask yourself "why did I get those 2 Bs?" Did you not work hard enough for those subjects? Did you have poor exam technique? Did you work hard, but it just didn't all stick? Ask yourself these questions, and if you find an answer, a solution should be obvious. :wink:
Reply 4
Thanks Hype.

Off-topic: How do I reply to your wall message that you wrote to me ?

Still getting used to this place. :colondollar: I'm such a noob .
Original post by Bromaldehyde
Thanks Hype.

Off-topic: How do I reply to your wall message that you wrote to me ?

Still getting used to this place. :colondollar: I'm such a noob .

Click the button at the bottom right of someone's post which says "Quote", like I just did. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending