The Student Room Group

22 August 2013 GCSE results: Post your results (strictly no discussion)

GCSE results day - Thursday 22 August 2013

Good luck to everyone as we approach the publication of GCSE results. This thread is here for you to share your subjects, results and plans for the future, if you wish to do so. Please remember though that there is a strictly no discussion policy in place, and any posts breaking this rule will be removed. There is a limit of one post per user.

Please visit the Results day discussion thread for extended conversation! Upon publication, the Grade boundaries thread will be used to share the details made available by exam boards. For anyone disappointed with their results, we have a thread with advice for those who haven't done as well as they hoped to help you to decide what to do next.

SampleResults

English Literature: predicted A/achieved A*

English Language: predicted B/achieved A*

Mathematics: predicted B/achieved A

Biology: predicted A*/achieved A*

Physics: predicted B/achieved C

Chemistry: predicted B/achieved A*

Geography: predicted C/achieved C

History: predicted A/achieved A

Comments and reactions
Physics is a bit lower than I'd hoped - but I've met what I needed for my sixth form, so can't complain to much :biggrin:

A template post is below, which you may copy and paste to make things easier. You're welcome to post in advance of result day to 'reserve' your post and share your predictions, if you wish. Please keep any reaction comments in your post in this thread brief.

Template post

(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

This happens every year so thought we should have one this year too :woo:
Fill in your predictions and edit your post on results day, NO DISCUSSION :ninja:

Predicted grades:...
Actual grades:...
Comments:...
What are you going to study for Alevels/Btechs/IB:...

Spoiler

Me:

Predicted grades:
Classics: A*
ICT: A*
Geography: A*
Science: BB
Maths: B
English Literature: A*
English Language: A*

Comments:Don't think I'll achieve an A* in Geography; maybe A.
What are you going to study for Alevels/Btechs/IB:Alevels:
Classics
History
Government and Politics
ICT or Geography
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Predicted grades: 4-6A*,2-4A n 1B
Actual Grades:.....
Comments: ?
Going to study: MATHS, Further Maths, Accounting and economics.
Predicted grades: 8A* 1A and A in FSMQ.
Actual grades:

English Lit: A* (FULL UMS I DON'T EVEN)
English Lang: A*
Maths: A*
FSMQ: A :biggrin: never expected the top grade! So happy!
Double Award Science: A*A*
RS: A*
French: A*
Latin: A* (Got 100% on three of the exams, which I am ecstatic about).
Music: A* (OHMYFREAKINGGOD)

Comments: I am the happiest humanoid in the galaxy. My work paid off :biggrin: and I beat my predicted! **** you, music! I defeated you and I never have to suffer through you again!

What are you going to study for Alevels/Btechs/IB: Biology, Maths, RS, English Lit and Psychology. Though I'll switch Psych for something else if it doesn't work out in the first month or so. Hopeful future journalist :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Predicted grades:... 2A*, 9A
Actual grades:... Somehow I got 3A*s 6As and 2Bs, I'm so happy with them! How on earth I got an A* in Physics I have no idea but yay!
Comments:... My predicted grades are technically all A-A* as we were given a lower and higher bound, those are just what I expect I'll get...well, I think I'll probably end up with 3 Bs or something.
What are you going to study for Alevels:... Maths mechanics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics o.O
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Predicitons -

Spoiler

Going to study -

Spoiler

Actual - 5A's 6A's
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Predicted: A*s in English Lit, English Lang, Spanish, Drama and History, As in Chem, Biol, Physics and Maths
Actual: A*s in English Lang, English Lit, Spanish, Chemistry, History and Drama, As in Maths, Physics and Biology
Comments: I was ill in Spanish, so that's a lost cause. And I probably screwed up History too :/ Edit: Ah, so happy! And really surprised at my Chemistry grade. Yayyyyy!!
A Levels: Applied Performing Arts, History, Spanish and English Lit

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
Predicted grades:... 3 A*s, 4As, 4Bs
Actual grades:... 3 A*s, 5As, 3Bs
Comments:... Really pleased, i got an A* in English language, which really surprised me.
What are you going to study for Alevels/Btechs/IB:... French, English Literature, Maths and Modern History
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
Predicted grades:
English Literature: A/A*
Core Science: A*
Additional Science: A*
Spanish: A*
Graphics: A
ICT: Distinction
R.S Short Course: A/A*
Latin: B
Additional Maths: ???

Actual grades:
Comments:
I think I messed up on French, Graphics, English Language and R.S.
What are you going to study for Alevels:
Maths
Further Maths
Spanish
Physics
Predicted grades:I don't even remember...
Actual grades: Coming sooooooooooooon.
Comments:Yeah I doubt I'll do well. Quite frankly I didn't put the work in so I don't expect anything spectacular. Ho hum :tongue:
What are you going to study for A-Levels/BTEC/IB: Hopefully biology, chemistry, maths and physics.
Reply 10
Predicted grades:/
Maths: A
Level 2 Further Maths: A
English Language: A
Science: A,A,A*
Spanish: A
R.E: A*
History: A
Drama: A

Actual Grades:
Maths: A
Level 2 Further Maths: A
Science: A (Biology),A* (Chemistry),A* (Physics)
Spanish: A*
R.E: A*
History: A
Drama: A
Comments:
Smashed it people. I thank all my teachers and my parents for their continuous support. 5A*s, 6As and 1 Distinction :biggrin:
What are you going to study for A-Level: Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 11
Predicted grades:...

GCSEs:
Maths - A*
English Literature - A*
English Language - A*
French - A*
History - A*
Biology - A*
Chemistry - A*
Physics - A*
AQA Level 2 Further Maths - A^ (**)
Art - A

FSMQ:
Additional Maths - A

AS levels:
Economics - B
Critical Thinking - B

Actual grades:

Maths - A*
English Literature - A*
English Language - A*
French - A*
History - A*
Biology - A*
Chemistry - A*
Physics - A*

AQA Level 2 Further Maths - A*
Art - A*

FSMQ
:
Additional Maths - A

AS levels:
Economics - B
Critical Thinking - A

Comments: I'm still in shock that I got an A* in Art! :biggrin:
What are you going to study for Alevels/Btechs/IB:
A levels: Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry, History
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 12
Predicted Grades
Statistics: A
R.S (Short Course): A
German: A
P.E: A
Business: A*
I.C.T: A*

Actual Grades
Statistics: A*
R.S (Short Course): A*
German: B
P.E: B
Geography: A
Business: A*
I.C.T: A*
Comments:
I probably won't get the A* in english language, because I slacked off in year 10. I'll be very lucky if I get the A* in Geography, and I'd be okay with a B in German. Hopefully I'll only get A's and A*s (Ideally, 7 A*s or more.)
Post Results Day:
All in all, I'm satisfied with my results, as I achieved the 7+ A*s I wanted, even if there were 2 B's. Slightly peeved about P.E, and it's my own fault I didn't get the A* in Geography. I'm very happy with both my science grades, as I achieved 100UMS in each of the 6 exams.
Hopefully, everyone got the results they deserved, and if you did, congratulations; if you didn't, then commiserations.

A Level Choices:
Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Economics and English Literature.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 13
Predicted Grades:
9 and a half A*s plus a distinction in ICT
Actual Grades:
Core Science A*
Maths A*
^^ this plus my predicted grades!!! :biggrin:
Comments: if I achieve my predicted grades I will just run around in elation and do crazy things... do I am hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. My French listening exam was evil and some of my papers were really difficult. In hindsight I should have revised more :/
A Levels-
Biology
Maths
History
Chemistry or RS
(Not sure yet)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 14
Predicted grades:
French : A*
Eng Lit. : A
Eng Lang. : A
Maths : B
Core Sci. : B
Add. Sci : A
Art : A
Music : A
Geography : A*
Phil. & Ethics : B
Citizenship : A
Actual grades:
Core Sci : A
Maths : A
Phil. & Ethics : A
Citizenship : A
Eng Lang: A
Eng Lit: A
Add. Sci: A*
Music: A
Art: A
Comments:
tbh, I'd be happy with passes I just don't want to fail anything hahah :-( (my results/predictions look terrible compared to everyone else here you guys are all geniuses wow)
EDIT-RESULTS DAY: I'M SO HAPPY!! I couldn't believe I even got one A* let alone three! I couldn't be more pleased with my results and I hope everyone else is too; congratulations! :-)
What are you going to study for Alevels/Btechs/IB:
French, Sociology, Eng. Lit. & Geography!
(edited 10 years ago)
Actual:

Spanish A*
Maths A*

Predicted:

Biology A*
Chemistry A
Physics A*
English Language A*
English Literature A*
History A*
German A*
Business A*
R.S A*
Further Maths (no official prediction but I'm guessing/ hoping A or A*)
Statistics A*

Comments

That's 11-12 A*s but I very much doubt that will actually happen - it's a case of teachers being generous with predictions because I COULD get an A* in all of them individually, but collectively that's definitely not going to happen. I'd be happy with 9A*s and 4As. From exams, I'm guessing I'll slip up on English Language, Further Maths, R.S, Chemistry or Statistics in that order of certainty

A level

Maths, Further Maths, English Literature and History
(edited 10 years ago)
Predicted Grades: 4As, 6Bs
Actual Grades: ...
Comments: I'm definitely not getting ABB in science, definitely CCC.
A-Levels: English lit., History, Philosophy & Ethics and Geography :P
Predicted grades: 6A* 5A 1C
Comments:...
What are you going to study for A-Levels: Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry

I hope I get the grades I want :/
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18
Predicted grades: 10A* 2A (IGCSEs except Addmath GCSE and Classiv)and an A in fmsq
subjects taken:
math
FMSQ additional math and CCEA GCSE additional math (self taught)
english x 2
science x 3
history
geography
classiv (1 hour a week subject outside school)
french
design systems and control
Comments:...I'll probably get the prediction but not sure about english language... I got the first one marker wrong
:redface: though other than that it was okay. As long as I do not go down a grade boundary in more than 2 subjects(2As) I will be satisfied.
What are you going to study for Alevels/Btechs/IB:... IB: SL: Econ, Eng, French, Add Math HL: Math, Chem, Bio. I am also doing AS economics (and maybe maths) and SAT subject test math 1 and 2 and maybe step if I am any good at math. (I will probably drop my 7th IB half way). For IB we do theory of knowledge and an extended essay(for which economics will be my focus). French will be a pain so I am starting now
:smile:. (I)GCSEs were not too strenuous but I think next year will be a lot harder(especially the damn languages)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 19
Predicted:
Double Science - A
History - A
French - A
Art - B
R.S - A
English Language - A (I've been told ill more than likely have an A* though)
Business - A
ICT BTEC - Pass

Actual:
English Literature - A
Maths - A (I just sat again this month and after seeing the mark scheme, irks highly likely I'll gain an A*)
Double Science - B (core science)
PE BTEC - Distinction

Comments: happy with my grades so far :-) I've sat modular exams and my actual grades for them vary from me predicted grades (getting an A* in history and business) and also in coursework (an A* in French) so hopefully my final grades could be higher than predicted :-) however, I feel like I was more focused and motivated in my year 10 exams, so feel like I did better then, getting all A's and above, but think its likely some of my grades will slip this year... I focused A LOT more on maths and science than I previously have done, and more than any other subject, where last year I focused mainly on R.S and history, but this year blagged most of R.S and f'd up my history sources paper this Wednesday due to bad timing and rushed answers :frown:
A Level; History, Physics, Maths, and either Further Maths or English Literature.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest