The Student Room Group

Plastic cards!!!

How is it that we seem to end up bogged down by countless plastic cards?

I've just emptied out my wallet in search of a telephone number (alas, the number remains elusive) and have come across a grand total of 28 plastic cards! :eek: as well as a small assortment of business cards and other random bits.

But, 28 flippin' cards!!! It's just obscene...

And I dread to think how many PIN numbers I must have for that lot :eek: (I am naughty and do use the same number on my "regularly used" cards, but at least 20 of them have some kind of PIN).

Me thinks it must be time for a damn good sort out.:rolleyes:
Don't carry them all around with you.
Reply 2
That would be suicidal!
Hire a helper, preferably a midget for comical purposes, with a lisp, to carry your wallet around for you?
Reply 4
Why dont people understand their limits?
Reply 5
How can you have so many?
Reply 6
I have loads of plastic cards but most say 'Void: This is not a credit card'. I collect pretend credit cards.
Reply 7
cooooool dude!

EDIT: I mean girl
We used to take those Co-op cards and stick them in cash machines, until an alarm went off and "fraud alert" appeared on the screen of one of them.
Reply 9
Don't worry, they're not all credit cards or anything like that! :rolleyes:

Actually, there are only 2 credit cards amongst that lot, one of which is a secondary card on my mums acount (which I have never used) and the other is my own card, which I have only used once.

There are 7 debit cards for various accounts.

A couple of ID cards (works, student, driving license)

And a sheaf of loyalty cards.

Oh, and my argos store card which I admit to using frequently, as I work part time for Argos and get a decent discount :smile:
Reply 10
Why do you need 7 debit cards?

More importantly, do you know how to cancel them if they get lost or stolen?! You'll need to make 9 phonecalls (7 for debit cards, 2 for credit cards) and know all of the details for each account.
Debit Cards -

Personal Current Account
Instant access savings account
ISA
Tesco Clubcard Plus (functions as Debit card + Clubcard)

Business current account 1
Business Current account 2
Business reserve account

And yes, all of the details of my personal cards (including "lost or stolen" telephone numbers) are stored in my safe.

The businesses cards can all be cancelled with a single cal to my business banking manager :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending