The Student Room Group

student campus cards

ik this might be a bit random but when i get mine, do i have to use the lanyard i have been given for it or can i customise it (put a different lanyard or some badges)
Reply 1
the lanyards are annually featured on freshers meme pages for being cringe (~ "the lanyard stays ON during sex")

but you can put stickers on them as long as you're not covering up information you may need to show
Original post by annonnymouus
ik this might be a bit random but when i get mine, do i have to use the lanyard i have been given for it or can i customise it (put a different lanyard or some badges)

Hi @annonnymouus :smile:

For my university, as long as you have the card, it doesn't particularly matter if you have the lanyard or not, or if you use a different lanyard. However, I would suggest you double-check with your own university, as this may differ and the lanyards may be an important method of identification.

I hope this helps!

Estelle
Second Year Psychology Student
University of Huddersfield
Original post by annonnymouus

At my uni you can spot first years because they wear the university branded lanyards :colondollar:But yes you can get your own lanyards + customise. Personally I find the uni ones SO itchy (but maybe that's just me). I do agree with double checking but it probably depends on the uni.

I had to keep taking it it in/out of my lanyard wallet to scan things because it wouldn't scan properly (everyone else had the same issue). Then the plastic bit on my lanyard eventually broke and I never replaced it. My student ID now lives in my wallet :smile: :biggrin:
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending