The Student Room Group

Organising A-level Folders/work

Does anyone know a good way to organise their A-level work (folders Books) as i find my work is just a load of papers shoved into a ringbinder.

Scroll to see replies

Dividers are the way forward :p:
Yeah, dividers are good. Also separate folders for different subjects.
i do most of my work on the computer so i created a folder for each subject and sub-folders relating to the different topics.
Yeah as SofinaaBabess says - use dividers and have at least 1 folder for each subject , how many you need obviously depends on how many notes you have

Edit : beaten to it
Reply 5
Get one of them lever arch files and a divider for each subject.
Reply 6
But then if you have separate folders for each subject, you have to carry them home everyday for homework :frown:
Reply 7
I used file dividers to separate different topics within subjects. I kept all subjects in the same file but when it began to get too full I transferred notes I knew I wouldn't need until revision into their own subject folder, so I had four subject folders which stayed at home and one which I took to school with me and contained current work. Storing stuff chronogically helps as well.
Reply 8
- different folders, preferably different colours so it's easier to organise
- dividers within the folders to separate topics/teachers
- plastic wallets - they make your work look better, which also makes it easier to revise from (also protects from the rain)
- get a drawer/file thing for each subject so you can also keep any books together as well
- date your work, so you can file it in date order and also it helps you to revise more effectively

(having just written it, i realise i sound a bit obbsessive monica-esque, but it does work!!)
Reply 9
Binders are the way forward!

- One main binder with separate sections for each subject (or each topic in each subject if you like) ― keep all the stuff you're currently doing in this and take this one to school with you
- One binder for each subject, separated for each topic, to be kept at home to look back on for revision and such like (and so that if you lose your school one it's not the end of the world) ― put stuff in here as soon as you've finished with it at school, and keep it chronological
aROOba
- different folders, preferably different colours so it's easier to organise
- dividers within the folders to separate topics/teachers
- plastic wallets - they make your work look better, which also makes it easier to revise from (also protects from the rain)
- get a drawer/file thing for each subject so you can also keep any books together as well
- date your work, so you can file it in date order and also it helps you to revise more effectively

(having just written it, i realise i sound a bit obbsessive monica-esque, but it does work!!)

You need money for that!
Reply 11
nuodai
Binders are the way forward!

- One main binder with separate sections for each subject (or each topic in each subject if you like) ― keep all the stuff you're currently doing in this and take this one to school with you
- One binder for each subject, separated for each topic, to be kept at home to look back on for revision and such like (and so that if you lose your school one it's not the end of the world) ― put stuff in here as soon as you've finished with it at school, and keep it chronological

I like this one. I think I'll go with this. Thankkkyou!
jaz_jaz
But then if you have separate folders for each subject, you have to carry them home everyday for homework :frown:

But it makes it easier to find things. :biggrin: Besides, bog standard folders aren't even heavy!
PLASTIC WALLETS FOREVER! They were my saviour during the A Levels. Think of them as academic condoms.
Reply 14
jaz_jaz

no you dont.....you can take one folder to sixth form/college which you put the work for all your subjects in, and when you get home you add the papers for the different subjects in their related folders....
I think I might have to just invest in one of these organising techniques. I am already on my first warning and I cannot flop college like I did school
silk192
no you dont.....you can take one folder to sixth form/college which you put the work for all your subjects in, and when you get home you add the papers for the different subjects in their related folders....

Yeah that is what I do but it is hard keeping on track with what goes where. I have lost so much work
Reply 17
SofinaaBabess
Yeah that is what I do but it is hard keeping on track with what goes where. I have lost so much work

how is it hard to keep track? when you are taking notes, write the name of the subject along with the date on the paper so you can know what is what
silk192
how is it hard to keep track? when you are taking notes, write the name of the subject along with the date on the paper so you can know what is what

Yeaaaah I know but I have to bung it all into the plastic pockets and everything is all over the place. Arghh I miss school.
Reply 19
SofinaaBabess
Yeaaaah I know but I have to bung it all into the plastic pockets and everything is all over the place. Arghh I miss school.

you remind me so much of this girl i went sixth form with...she was very disorganised and always had her notes all over the place no matter how many times teachers helped her.....just think of an organisational technique that works best for you and organise yourself or its going to affect your work...

Quick Reply

Latest