The Student Room Group

AQA Sociology SCLY1 Family & Households 13th May 2013.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by DeepDarkSecrets
I'm actually freaking out about this exam :frown: so scared I hope I don't go blank in the exam.. Is it possible for a 24 marker to come up on something like Migration ?

It'd be pushing it but I wouldn't rule it out.
didnt postmodernity come up twice in a row?
Original post by electro14
didnt postmodernity come up twice in a row?

What sort of questions can they possibly ask on Postmodernism? What would could you include in the essay if postmodernism comes up? :frown:
Original post by DeepDarkSecrets
What sort of questions can they possibly ask on Postmodernism? What would could you include in the essay if postmodernism comes up? :frown:

i heard postmodernity and family diversity came up twice in a row
I DREAD childhood and demography :frown: Demography doesn't seem easy to evaluate at all :frown:
I am going to CRY if Family Diversity comes up. I betting everything on this exam, so I revised Couples, Demography and Social Polices inside and out, cuz I know Childhood and Family Patterns alright but Family diversity... I didn't even revise it on January because of the fact that it came up on June 2012. But when now on January 2013. It cannot come, I REFUSE,

Does anyone know what different kind of questions they will ask on Demography? And how would you answer this question?
Examine the factors affecting the division of domestic labour among couples.

So yeah.
Original post by AnimeCrazy
I am going to CRY if Family Diversity comes up. I betting everything on this exam, so I revised Couples, Demography and Social Polices inside and out, cuz I know Childhood and Family Patterns alright but Family diversity... I didn't even revise it on January because of the fact that it came up on June 2012. But when now on January 2013. It cannot come, I REFUSE,

Does anyone know what different kind of questions they will ask on Demography? And how would you answer this question?

So yeah.

for that question i was told to just explain what it means and put in alot of the key names and what they talk about
Reply 267

So yeah.

Demography questions? 'Examine the reasons behind the decline in the birth/death rate...' - I'd of thought something like that? Possibly ask what effect the decline of each of them is having too. Not too sure how they'd word a question on migration however or what they'd ask.
I have done a lot of past papers, and I havent seen any so far on Migrartion, and seeing as it is only two pages long on my revision books, do you think they would possibly put it as a 24 marker? And have you come across a ageing population 24 marker?
Reply 269
I'm not taking this exam because i did well 1st time round, One tip though CRITICIZE EVERYTHING, make anything up it get's you loads of marks and make sure you leave enough time to answer all questions !
Reply 270
guys, what is domestic division of labour? i know its about the symmetrical family and stuff but what does domestic division of labour actually mean? in case it comes up as a 2 marks question
Reply 271
I have done a lot of past papers, and I havent seen any so far on Migrartion, and seeing as it is only two pages long on my revision books, do you think they would possibly put it as a 24 marker? And have you come across a ageing population 24 marker?

Ageing population is far too short and small of a topic to be a 24'er.
Original post by bambamx
guys, what is domestic division of labour? i know its about the symmetrical family and stuff but what does domestic division of labour actually mean? in case it comes up as a 2 marks question

Domestic division of labour refers to roles that men and women play in relation to housework, childcare and paid work
Original post by bambamx

Hopefully this will come as a 24 marker, its really simple, all you have to talk is Parson, view, Botts Segregated and Joint conjugal roles, Young and Willmot march of progress view of his Symmetrical family, and the reasons why it is like that. Also you can talk about Young and Willmot changes over the century and you can criticize that with Anne Oakley feminist view of the view of housework. There is a LOT you can talk about Domestic Division of labour, just be sure to bring a LOT on information and back it up with names, dates and ALWAYS criticize them. Damn, I hope this question comes up. ;/
Oh yeah, and talk about Dual burden and Triple shift!
Reply 275
Oh yeah, and talk about Dual burden and Triple shift!

Is dual burden and triple shift the same thing ?
Isn't it paid work, domestic work and emotional work?
Reply 276
Hopefully this will come as a 24 marker, its really simple, all you have to talk is Parson, view, Botts Segregated and Joint conjugal roles, Young and Willmot march of progress view of his Symmetrical family, and the reasons why it is like that. Also you can talk about Young and Willmot changes over the century and you can criticize that with Anne Oakley feminist view of the view of housework. There is a LOT you can talk about Domestic Division of labour, just be sure to bring a LOT on information and back it up with names, dates and ALWAYS criticize them. Damn, I hope this question comes up. ;/

I was just revising this and i hope it comes up as a 24 marker as well. i have philosophy and ethics exam tomorrow as well so i haven't had time to revise for sociology. this and the functions of the family is all i know. i got an A for unit 2 so i need a B in this. good luck and thanks!
Original post by bambamx
I was just revising this and i hope it comes up as a 24 marker as well. i have philosophy and ethics exam tomorrow as well so i haven't had time to revise for sociology. this and the functions of the family is all i know. i got an A for unit 2 so i need a B in this. good luck and thanks!

You a A2 student? Yeah, I don't think the functions of the family will come up. But I dont mind it because its really easy. All we have to learn is different perspective and that came up this year. It was the Marxist view. But I really want, Couples (Like something on Domestic violence or Division of labour) Demography (Death rates and Birth rates) Or Social Policy (Don;t mind what kind of question) Right now, I am just skimming the other subjects ;/ But I really NEED to get an A on this topic. Tomorrow is going to be a long day.
Reply 278
Original post by Conorichardson
what are the easiest social policies to write about if a question on it comes up? at least 2 or 3 would be appreciated so i can get a good plan written!

Divorce Reform Acti 1969, Civil Partnership 2004, Abortions 1967, Marital Rape Act 1994.. These are the ones that I can remember and find useful in a few topics..
Reply 279
You a A2 student? Yeah, I don't think the functions of the family will come up. But I dont mind it because its really easy. All we have to learn is different perspective and that came up this year. It was the Marxist view. But I really want, Couples (Like something on Domestic violence or Division of labour) Demography (Death rates and Birth rates) Or Social Policy (Don;t mind what kind of question) Right now, I am just skimming the other subjects ;/ But I really NEED to get an A on this topic. Tomorrow is going to be a long day.

no I'm an AS student but i did unit 2 in jan and i'm doing unit 1 first time around now. what about you? what sociologists would you include in a question about changing family types?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending