The Student Room Group

how to revise sociology please a level

how do i revise a level sociology. pls. i keep getting cs on my mocks and i cant figure out how to revise it because nothing works. i use flash cards for my other subjects but it doesnt stick on this. i need a b at least for uni but i feel like im going to fail because i dont know how to revise. help.
Original post by may_g
how do i revise a level sociology. pls. i keep getting cs on my mocks and i cant figure out how to revise it because nothing works. i use flash cards for my other subjects but it doesnt stick on this. i need a b at least for uni but i feel like im going to fail because i dont know how to revise. help.

Back when i did a-levels, i always found past papers useful.
Reply 2
Original post by Emma:-)
Back when i did a-levels, i always found past papers useful.

past papers are very useful, but theres no point doing a past paper if you dont know the content. how do you learn content
Are you doing aqa and which modules are you doing?
Reply 4
Original post by wkathryn17
Are you doing aqa and which modules are you doing?

yes, families & households, education, methods in context, crime & deviance, and media
Original post by may_g
yes, families & households, education, methods in context, crime & deviance, and media

I cant speak for media because i did the beliefs course but i did everything else. Me personally i found the big AQA textbooks (https://amzn.eu/d/3apMOn4) super helpful, it was written by the people who devised the course itself so is very relevant with content, it also features practice exam questions and recall questions at the end of each chapter. (However can sometimes include too much information), you would not be expected to know all the studies mentioned in this book only key ones. Also https://amzn.eu/d/9k6Ml7h, is a lot more streanlined and contains the main studies you should remember. Just study hard, keep revisiting content and youll be okay :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by may_g

hi! I also did the first 4 topics you mentioned. Flashcards aid your revision and shouldn't be your only form of revision. Plan your questions, plan practice questions, memorise these plans with the sociologists and create small jokes in your head which force you to correlate these sociologists to the theories!! I'm sure if you did these you would find the subject much more easy :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest