The Student Room Group

Actuarial vs Econmics

Hey Guys!

Need help from you guys regarding a decision I have to make. Which one would you choose if you were in my place:

City for Actuarial Science
or
Bristol for Economics

The requirements are the same so it's become difficult for me to make a decision.
Have a look at uni-stats; they have starting salaries, a break down of employment prospects, assessment type etc :smile:
To what extent are you set on becoming an actuary after uni? If you are pretty much certain about becoming an actuary I'd do actuarial science, if not id do economics.
Reply 3
I actually want to switch after my first year to economics at LSE or somewhere with a similar prestige. My priority is to be in London so I am leaning towards city's actuarial course.
Original post by vardaan371
I actually want to switch after my first year to economics at LSE or somewhere with a similar prestige. My priority is to be in London so I am leaning towards city's actuarial course.

Wouldn't it be easier to do that if you studied economics rather than actuarial science?
Reply 5
I don't feel that would make a difference as I would have to start from the first year onwards at any university I go to after my first year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending