The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Sutton Trust Summer School 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AmyDai
I've joined too!
does anyone know what this ceilidh thing is? I assume it's like the bops at Oxford or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have also joined :smile: the ceilidh should be really fun! Would just involve Scottish dancing I think, tho I haven't done that in years :')
Reply 61
To be honest, I'm not really looking forward to this ceilidh - I'm not really one for synchronised dancing
I just fail really badly when attempting to ceilidh dance, and when I was little and we had ceilidhs at school I was often told to just sit out on many of the dances :colondollar:

If anyone wants to find me on the Facebook group my name is Sophia, and yes, I look very awkward in my profile picture :ahee:
Original post by srm4
To be honest, I'm not really looking forward to this ceilidh - I'm not really one for synchronised dancing
I just fail really badly when attempting to ceilidh dance, and when I was little and we had ceilidhs at school I was often told to just sit out on many of the dances :colondollar:

If anyone wants to find me on the Facebook group my name is Sophia, and yes, I look very awkward in my profile picture :ahee:

well you don't have to do it if you don't want to, it's optional :smile: I can guarantee that I'm far from good at it lol! but doing it for fun :3 did anyone pick medicine as one of their courses? I haven't met anyone yet that has
Reply 63
Original post by misscookietastic
well you don't have to do it if you don't want to, it's optional :smile: I can guarantee that I'm far from good at it lol! but doing it for fun :3 did anyone pick medicine as one of their courses? I haven't met anyone yet that has

I didn't but I think that Officegirl4 did:smile:
I picked International Relations and Modern Languages
Original post by srm4

okay doke, thanks :smile: one of my friends picked that, from what she told me about it, looks interesting
Cant wait guysss:biggrin:

I'm doing medicine for one of my courses :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by danaa
Cant wait guysss:biggrin:

I'm doing medicine for one of my courses :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yay! Finally somebody :') haha, what was your other choice?
yay! Finally somebody :') haha, what was your other choice?

Aha! I'm doing chemistry too, so sound be good :biggrin: how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by danaa
Aha! I'm doing chemistry too, so sound be good :biggrin: how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

doing psychology, and looking really forward to it :smile: so happy I was able to do medicine as one of my choices
doing psychology, and looking really forward to it :smile: so happy I was able to do medicine as one of my choices

Aw that should be good! Id have loved to do psychology, I picked it as one of my subjects for sixth year :tongue: and yesss me too! I honestly thought I had no chance of getting in, but I did:biggrin: you should have seen me when I got an email saying I was accepted:')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by danaa
Aw that should be good! Id have loved to do psychology, I picked it as one of my subjects for sixth year :tongue: and yesss me too! I honestly thought I had no chance of getting in, but I did:biggrin: you should have seen me when I got an email saying I was accepted:')

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing it in 6th year too :smile: at a college at night tho, cause my school doesn't do it. Can't wait, looks so good! Haha I can imagine! Well congrats:smile: are you wanting to study medicine after school?
I'm doing it in 6th year too :smile: at a college at night tho, cause my school doesn't do it. Can't wait, looks so good! Haha I can imagine! Well congrats:smile: are you wanting to study medicine after school?

Aw I'm doing it at college because my school doesn't offer it either:tongue: aw you too :smile: and yeah hopefully! I'm guessing you do too?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by danaa
Aw I'm doing it at college because my school doesn't offer it either:tongue: aw you too :smile: and yeah hopefully! I'm guessing you do too?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks hehe well I'll have to go in for graduate medicine, wanting to do a degree in neuroscience or biomedical science first, but I will defo go for medicine afterwards:smile: what's the college you're doing it at?
Reply 73

I did! Medicine and chemistry! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Officegirl4
I did! Medicine and chemistry! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

awh thats cookietastic! Do you know how many people are doing it?
Reply 75
awh thats cookietastic! Do you know how many people are doing it?

Nope, only other person I've seen is Danaa (sorry if the spelling is wrong by the way)!

Someone else in my school got in for something else though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Officegirl4
Nope, only other person I've seen is Danaa (sorry if the spelling is wrong by the way)!

Someone else in my school got in for something else though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah that's the same for me :smile: I'm really excited to get more info through the post
Reply 77
Original post by srm4

oh hey! i'm doing International Relations too :biggrin: i'm glad i've found someone else who's doing it hahaha

i'm amy dai (surprise surprise) on facebook if anyone wants to add me :smile: i realise my profile picture sucks hahaha, but it'll be good to know some people before we get there :smile:
thanks hehe well I'll have to go in for graduate medicine, wanting to do a degree in neuroscience or biomedical science first, but I will defo go for medicine afterwards:smile: what's the college you're doing it at?

Aw that should be good! If I dont get the grades this year my plan is to go do biomedical science then go in for graduate medicine too:smile:

Also, what time did it say in your email to arrive at?:s because I saw a previous post saying theirs said to arrive between 2.30-4.00? Mine said to arrive between 1.00-2.30 aha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by danaa
Aw that should be good! If I dont get the grades this year my plan is to go do biomedical science then go in for graduate medicine too:smile:

Also, what time did it say in your email to arrive at?:s because I saw a serious post saying theirs said to arrive between 2.30-4.00? Mine said to arrive between 1.00-2.30 aha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah, biomedical science looks really good as a first degree:smile: mine said between 1-2:30 as well so don't worry!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending