The Student Room Group

Is an accredited MSc course better than a un-accredited one??

hi,
any1 plz help me! I have got offer for MSc Mechanical Engineering from University of Glasgow, Glasgow Caledonian University and Strathclyde University of Glasgow. The University of Glasgow is considered the most reputable university of Glasgow but the course is not accredited by any council/Institution. While the Caledonian university is a bit new but the course is accredited by IMechE. Also Strathclyde course is in process of accreditation. I am a bit confused which university i should choose. Does accreditation matter more than the reputation of university? My first degree is from India and I want to do my MSc here.
Thanks for reading the post...
I think you'd have trouble gaining chartered status if you didn't choose the accredited option. Don't choose a uni based on rank, university rankings are unfounded nonsense.
Reply 2
Original post by ALL_in_One
hi,
any1 plz help me! I have got offer for MSc Mechanical Engineering from University of Glasgow, Glasgow Caledonian University and Strathclyde University of Glasgow. The University of Glasgow is considered the most reputable university of Glasgow but the course is not accredited by any council/Institution. While the Caledonian university is a bit new but the course is accredited by IMechE. Also Strathclyde course is in process of accreditation. I am a bit confused which university i should choose. Does accreditation matter more than the reputation of university? My first degree is from India and I want to do my MSc here.

I am going through the same situation. I have studied Aeronautical engineering from Glasgow, which was accredited. Now I have got unconditional for MSc from Strathclyde as well as Glasgow. Strathclyde's programme is accredited by IMechE, while Glasgow's programme (to my knowledge) is not. Consider accredited programme only if you think you want to become a chartered engineer in the future.
Reply 3
Original post by ALL_in_One
hi,

Accreditation will make it easier to get a job, I would choose the University of Strathclyde, it is great engineering uni

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending