The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4840
Original post by tasha96
I think that's the kind of thing I'm supposed to be doing as well. :five: To help me decide whether the things I'm thinking are rational or not. :colondollar: Also supposed to be identifying thinking errors while I do it (if I can), but it's idealy supposed to stop me keeping all my thoughts in my head (if that makes sense :tongue:). I'm just not sure where to start. :s-smilie: It's not easy to verbalise what I'm thinking a lot of the time, especially when my head is being really loud. :frown:

I have a notepad app on my phone which i plan to use, when i have a thought i want to record i can just pull my phone out and tap it out as if i was typing out a text. It might end up a collection of rambles but i'm gonna decipher them when i get home that day :tongue:

It's not helping that one of my best mates is constantly talking about work and how many hours and bonuses he's being given while i don't even have a job and have an interview in 2 weeks time for possibly the most important placement of my life...
(edited 10 years ago)
Ugh, guys. I've been counting hours again, literally to the point of waking up thinking "it's x many hours until I get to go back to bed".

Such a bad habit!

Does anyone else do anything like that?
Original post by james1211
I have a notepad app on my phone which i plan to use, when i have a thought i want to record i can just pull my phone out and tap it out as if i was typing out a text. It might end up a collection of rambles but i'm gonna decipher them when i get home that day :tongue:

It's not helping that one of my best mates is constantly talking about work and how many hours and bonuses he's being given while i don't even have a job and have an interview in 2 weeks time for possibly the most important placement of my life...

Ah that sounds like a really good way of doing it! I'm not really sure how I'm going to do it- I don't have a phone that has anything like that on it so I'm not sure if I should carry a small notebook about with me? Or that might turn out to be totally impractical. :s-smilie: The other alternative I can see is to try and remember stupid thoughts I've had all day and then write them all down at night. But I'm not likely to remember them in any detail if I do that. Ach I just don't know. :sigh: I'm not at all sure how I should do it. But like I said I dont want to do it wrong and waste everyones time. :frown:

Oh no! It's so annoying when people are really insensitive like that :frown: Really hoping it goes well for you! :hugs: Are you okay? :hugs:
Reply 4843
Original post by tasha96
Ah that sounds like a really good way of doing it! I'm not really sure how I'm going to do it- I don't have a phone that has anything like that on it so I'm not sure if I should carry a small notebook about with me? Or that might turn out to be totally impractical. :s-smilie: The other alternative I can see is to try and remember stupid thoughts I've had all day and then write them all down at night. But I'm not likely to remember them in any detail if I do that. Ach I just don't know. :sigh: I'm not at all sure how I should do it. But like I said I dont want to do it wrong and waste everyones time. :frown:

Oh no! It's so annoying when people are really insensitive like that :frown: Really hoping it goes well for you! :hugs: Are you okay? :hugs:

A notebook might be impractical, but i bet theres a function somewhere in your phone where you can jot down notes, maybe add a fake contact and if there's a bit to enter a description write any notes in there during the day and then transfer them all to paper when you get home? I Silly idea, i know :tongue:

Yeah, i'm not sure he means to be like that he's just obsessed with anything to do with money and it can trigger anxiety and stress sometimes. He might take it the wrong way if i tell him to stop mentioning it though, he means no harm really. Thanks, i'm trying to worry about the interview a bit less by making sure i'm totally prepared but i've never had an interview and this is probably my last chance to get a placement year unless i defer my final year and spend another year looking. Trying to remind myself it's not the end of the world if i don't get it but it's not working too well. Appreciate it :^_^:

Hopefully you can find a way to keep a mood diary easily, i bet you'll find a way :cute:
Finally had a mini break down after a really tough day! Apparently throwing myself on the floor wasnt my best move though :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My head is killing me :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Spoke to my psychologist today. He's worried enough about things I told him that he's telling on me to my psychiatrist Wish I hadn't said anything. Especially as he doesn't believe what I said is going to happen will actually happen. There was another Chinese earthquake to confirm I am correct so I don't get why he would doubt me. Still can't talk to my wife about things, I tried a couple of times and she replied "what do you want me to do about it?" I want her to talk to me to distract me from them but she's too busy playing computer games. I mean...I don't want to get in the way of her playing that would be selfish but I would like very much if she just talked to me for a while. I think that's why I told the psychologist, I can't keep these things bottled up but I can't speak to anyone else. I need to talk to someone if only because it helps shut them up while I'm doing so. I also need a way out of what's going to happen. The psychologist didn't think my plan to avoid what they've been saying from happening was very good but I can't think of any other plan. That's something I need to do - I need a plan, everything's better with a plan but annoyingly I can't think of anything.
Reply 4847
Original post by PonchoKid
Finally had a mini break down after a really tough day! Apparently throwing myself on the floor wasnt my best move though :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did your important meeting go your way? :hugs:
Not really much of a fan of this thread anymore. My posts just get ignored all the time nowadays. Well, whatever, that re-confirms my worth in this world :sigh:
Reply 4849
Original post by Anonymous
Not really much of a fan of this thread anymore. My posts just get ignored all the time nowadays. Well, whatever, that re-confirms my worth in this world :sigh:

Sorry you feel like that. :frown: This thread moves quite quickly so sometimes it's easy for posts to be missed or unintentionally overlooked. It's not reflection on you at all though. Hope you're okay :yes:
Reply 4850

I think it's harder to remember/recognise someone who is anon, especially #29. I'm sure people aren't ignoring you though, sometimes when it's busy posts can be overlooked :frown:

Want to chat about anything?
Reply 4851

Woo join the club. Ignored by everyone in life ignored by everyone online.
Reply 4852
Original post by zonkfrog
Woo join the club. Ignored by everyone in life ignored by everyone online.

That's not true :no: I've already said I'll listen to you and you can PM me any time if you want to talk :yes:
Did your important meeting go your way? :hugs:

Yeah it went better than expected. Just didnt need what happened thismorning ontop of that meeting :s-smilie:

Been holding it together all day though and it just pounced

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4854
Original post by PonchoKid
Yeah it went better than expected.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad to hear that :yes:
Reply 4855
Original post by Sabertooth
Still can't talk to my wife about things, I tried a couple of times and she replied "what do you want me to do about it?" I want her to talk to me to distract me from them but she's too busy playing computer games. I mean...I don't want to get in the way of her playing that would be selfish but I would like very much if she just talked to me for a while.

I don't think it would be unreasonable of you to ask for a small while of her time. Is she brushing you off or does she not know how important it is?
Reply 4856

You shouldn't take that to heart at all :nah: The very nature of this thread means that people will general post at times where they need to release and because of that people may not be in a position to reply to others. Really hope it hasn't put you off posting in here again though.
I don't think it would be unreasonable of you to ask for a small while of her time. Is she brushing you off or does she not know how important it is?

I feel like I take up too much of her time like she came to the bus stop with me this morning which she didn't have to. So i feel guilty to ask her to stop playing. I haven't told her how important this is because she'll either get angry or worry; probably angry. I don't know how to explain to her tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4858
Original post by Sabertooth
I feel like I take up too much of her time like she came to the bus stop with me this morning which she didn't have to. So i feel guilty to ask her to stop playing. I haven't told her how important this is because she'll either get angry or worry; probably angry. I don't know how to explain to her tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can see where you're coming from. I'd feel the same, to a degree. Just remember she's your partner for a reason and i'm sure she'd give you the support you needed if you were to tell her.
I can see where you're coming from. I'd feel the same, to a degree. Just remember she's your partner for a reason and i'm sure she'd give you the support you needed if you were to tell her.

Tbh man......I'm kinda afraid to talk to her about this. I want to talk to her about random crap to distract myself from them but telling her exactly what's going down is scary :colondollar: I'm afraid of the consequences.

Thanks for replying btw. Hope you're doing better than me. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest