The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5860
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
You've still got me on Skype, yes yes? Get in touch if you need to. My dad has my laptop half the time so I'm not online very much but if there's anything I can do to help, would be happy to :kissing2:

PS. That's a friendly kiss, not a Dementor's kiss! Just saying :colondollar:

Thank you! Could you PM me your Skype as I seem to have lost a lot I didn't intend on deleting when having a clear up :s-smilie:

I need to learn the Patronus Charm :sexface:

Original post by ANONYM00SE
I'm so sorry to hear that, not a good date for you but you're strong enough and can get through it. I'll probably be on here quite a lot on results day... probably won't end up looking at ucas or resutls for hours out of fear! Good luck!
As for the bit in bold I totally understand how you feel about that :frown:

Best of luck to you too, I hope you get what you need :smile: Are you hoping to move out for uni?

Original post by danny111
You haven't lost your humour, I think that's great!

I do try :awesome:
Original post by Idle

Best of luck to you too, I hope you get what you need :smile: Are you hoping to move out for uni?

Thanks
Yes definitely moving out. Whether I go to uni in September or not I'll be trying to move out!
Actually had a good day :smile: spent it with my mum and we had a bbq for tea which was good :smile: and my step dad wasn't here for tea so it was nice and chilled :smile:
Off to my sisters tomorrow for a baby shower/ late birthday so ill be knackared but should be a good day :smile:

Been freezing all night and its been happening a lot recently :frown: dunno if its meds or not.
Last night didn't end well either. Such a **** person for letting it get to me :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Thanks for the reply. I'm watching something else at the moment, but I'll give the Ellen video a view soon.

My childhood was OK. Apart from a bit of bullying and isolation at school, I never went through any massive traumas so I guess I should be kinda grateful. Yeah, I agree that being a child probably is so much easier than being an adult. I sometimes get so envious of my little 8 year old sister and how easy she's got it at the moment.

Oh, and I don't have the chance to cuddle my boyfriend for at least another two weeks, because he lives 400 miles away from me, and it's one of the many things getting me down at the moment, because I know I can't just up and see him whenever I want :frown:. But oh well, not much I can do right now but just somehow put up with it until I can ever afford to move out of my home and go live in his city (if that'll even ever happen soon - this job market is so hopeless).

Oh I am sorry! You wrote that just yesterday that the long-distance thing was weighing you down a bit. And I tell you to cuddle him! My brother is pretty much permanently on Skype with his gf, if you aren't doing that already? They don't even talk the whole time, but the call just keeps going anyway.

And yea, I mean I had problems back then too, feeling a bit isolated at times, but overall they didn't matter. I had things that I enjoyed in life and I could just do them. Now you can't ignore problems. I can see why you are jealous of her! Saying that, she probably looks up to her bigger sis, no?
I will go to bed now, read a little before sleeping, but I think sleeping more would do me good. Feeling depressed makes you a bit more tired I think, and if I actually lack sleep that gets exacerbated. Also, part of the reason I sometimes don't sleep is because I'm scared of waking up. But if I get into a good sleeping habit maybe that will change.

Hope you guys are having a good night!
Reply 5865
Original post by tasha96
Thanks lovely.:hugs: I seem to be quite prone to getting the dizzy side effects from tablets- hope that isn't the case with these ones! :frown:

Thank you. :hugs: It certainly made me sleep last night! :eek: Not complaining there as I have major problems with sleep. Hoping I have more luck with this than with the risperidone.:s-smilie:

:hugs: I hope being on it will do you nothing but good hun :yes: Hope you're feeling okay at the moment.

Thanks
Yes definitely moving out. Whether I go to uni in September or not I'll be trying to move out!

All the best for results day, I hope you make it to UCL :redface: :jumphug:

Original post by PonchoKid
Actually had a good day :smile: spent it with my mum and we had a bbq for tea which was good :smile: and my step dad wasn't here for tea so it was nice and chilled :smile:
Off to my sisters tomorrow for a baby shower/ late birthday so ill be knackared but should be a good day :smile:

Been freezing all night and its been happening a lot recently :frown: dunno if its meds or not.
Last night didn't end well either. Such a **** person for letting it get to me :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad you had a lovely day :smile: :hugs:
Oh I am sorry! You wrote that just yesterday that the long-distance thing was weighing you down a bit. And I tell you to cuddle him! My brother is pretty much permanently on Skype with his gf, if you aren't doing that already? They don't even talk the whole time, but the call just keeps going anyway.

And yea, I mean I had problems back then too, feeling a bit isolated at times, but overall they didn't matter. I had things that I enjoyed in life and I could just do them. Now you can't ignore problems. I can see why you are jealous of her! Saying that, she probably looks up to her bigger sis, no?

No worries, it's understandable that you'd forget. I do Skype him, but only twice a week, and we don't always keep to schedule anyway as he's often busy with work, which is a bit annoying sometimes but oh well, we do try. And even so, Skype can be such a headache as the sound and video quality is always quite crap, but I suppose it's better than nothing. I haven't even texted him today (normally do everyday), but he hasn't sent a text either and I haven't really felt like sending one today tbh, and thought I may as well not bombard him too much with the contact all the time and just let us have a bit of space sometimes. We'll hopefully Skype tomorrow anyway as we're due to then.

Argh, I'm still feeling the low moods, but I'll just try to finish watching my programme and then get some sleep after. I'm worried I won't even be able to face work again tomorrow (there are things I like about work but other things I really hate about work, and the negative things are really getting me down). But I guess I'll see what I feel like in the morning.
Original post by 08batee
:hugs: I hope being on it will do you nothing but good hun :yes: Hope you're feeling okay at the moment.

All the best for results day, I hope you make it to UCL :redface: :jumphug:

Thanks good luck to you! I decided I'm creating my own uni.. the university of mooseville.. no ucas applications needed and all MH thread participants welcome :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by 08batee

was a great day until my step dad got home :frown:
hed only been home 15 mins before saying something to complain/upset/piss me off :frown:

hope you better today hun :hugs:
Reply 5869
Thanks good luck to you! I decided I'm creating my own uni.. the university of mooseville.. no ucas applications needed and all MH thread participants welcome :wink:

Ah! Finally a university I actually qualify for :lol: Sounds good to me :tongue: Thanks though hun. Hope things are okay for you at the moment. :hugs:

was a great day until my step dad got home :frown:
hed only been home 15 mins before saying something to complain/upset/piss me off :frown:

hope you better today hun :hugs:

:frown: Sorry to hear that, that's so annoying. Try not to let it get to you hun, though I know that's easier said than done. You can always PM me if you want to chat more about anything or need to rant. Sending big hugs :hugs:
Reply 5870
Original post by SciFiRory
I dunno, it's not that so much as just the fact whenever my mood is a bit low or anything then everything winds me up (not just on here, on TV or my family, etc), it's something that's really concerning me but I don't really know how to deal with it, might talk to my GP about it and see if they can suggest anything medication wise or something, part of me wonders if I shouldn't just take a diazepam or something if I start getting wound up, though I dunno about that either cause I can see that becoming too much of a habit as well :s-smilie:

Could you possibly like remove yourself from the place that you’ve seen the thing that’s wound you up? Like move to a different room from the tv? Is there anything you could to relieve the stress? :/ It does sound like if your mood increased abit you’d find things less irritating though? I always thought diazepam was to help with anxiety? :holmes: Though I don’t know much about it >.< Are you taking any anti-depressants at the moment?

Original post by octoberbaby
X

You are getting SO many hugs and cuddles on Sunday too :love: :penguinhug:

Original post by avhhs
Hey everyone :smile:

Haven't been keeping up with the thread because I couldn't be bothered to both read and write anything.

Well, there are some updates since I last posted:

- My CBT therapist discharged me because he thought that I wasn't very stable so it would not be a good idea to continue with it until my mood becomes stable.
- My Sertaline has been increased to 100mg as there was no effect whatsoever.
- The appointment with my psychiatrist for September is being brought forward.

Apart from that, I find it hard to sleep at night and get out of bed in the morning, plus I can't concentrate on things. Eid was quite good, one day my cousins came and yesterday I went to another uncle's house. But generally my mood isn't very good.

How is everyone else doing? :smile: :grouphugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds like two steps in the right direction with the Sertraline being upped and your appointment with your Psychiatrist being brought forward. They generally know alot more about the types of medication and so may be able to suggest something completely different to what you're on at the moment. It does sound like you could do with an anti-depressant that is sedative if you're struggling to sleep? That said I'm no expert. It's no surprise to me that being on Mirtazapine - which has generally sorted my sleep out; has lead to the stabilising of my mood. Sleeping well can help your mood ten fold and definitely would help with concentration. Did you think about my suggestion of going to the gym twice/three times a week to get out of your house? :smile:

Yeah. But it clearly stood out for you to guess :/

Going downhill fast.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you not see the fact that you see things are going downhill as a good thing and a positive thing because you're at least able to maybe do something about it instead of being blind to things going downhill?

Original post by Meaty_man
Haven't slept at all, haven't wanted to go to bed, but haven't wanted to do anything either. I feel like such a mess with no direction.

Spoiler

Proud of you dude! Hopefully you're proud of yourself for managing that too! :hugs:

Original post by lalalaliv
I hope everyone doesn't mind me butting in this thread, as I've never posted in it before. Just feeling quite down today. I've never been diagnosed with anything but my life just seems to be a constant struggle between feeling extremely high, motivated and good about everything in general, to a sudden often very irrational dip into just feeling so low, not even wanting to get out of bed or bothering to make myself something to eat. It's very tiring and what make me feel worse is that my problems are so minuscule compared to the suffering of others.

Welcome to the thread! :bigsmile: Have you thought about going to your GP and letting them know how you've been feeling? :console: The lows you describe sound awful :/ I've also found comparing problems to be no help at all; though I know it's much easier said than done :/

Original post by asdfgah
Realised it has been over a month since I had more than an hour or so on my own (aside from sleeping). Not entirely sure how I'm going to deal with having time to myself again. Feeling kind of low lately so it might not be that great, but on the other hand I am normally someone who needs a lot of breathing space, so maybe having some will make me feel a bit better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thinking of you! :hugs:

Original post by 08batee
Can't help but think this is all a big mistake.

Definitely isn't. It's evident how much you mean people to certain people in this thread :yes:

Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I feel sooooooo low today. I really wonder how much longer I can keep going through life. My mental resilience is just horrendous, my motivation for most things is slowly disappearing, and it feels like it might be just a matter of time until I finally crack.

I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit :nah: Your mental resilience is much, much stronger than you believe it to be; especially given your circumstances. I think you need to find that one thing you're good at and you excel at. Once you find that you'll have direction and yeah things may not improve dramatically but it'll give you a sense of direction?

Original post by Idle
It's 2 years since my dad died on Thursday as well as results day, that toppled with me currently being on 1/4 of the dose of my AD as it's tapered off for me to start a new one mean it's going to be oh so fun :h: I wish my mum was more supportive but she is just utterly miserable to be around, it's like being around a Dementor.

Really hope results day goes well for you mate. Even then though I imagine it'd be a bittersweet feeling :/
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by 08batee
:frown: Sorry to hear that, that's so annoying. Try not to let it get to you hun, though I know that's easier said than done. You can always PM me if you want to chat more about anything or need to rant. Sending big hugs :hugs:

i should be used to it by now.
basically iv been cooking tea since friday night, which i dont mind, and tonight he couldnt get home so he had another nights tea, and will have tonights tea tomorrow night (usual stuff) so he was eating his tea and then complained! so i turned round and said i just wont cook anymore... if i hadnt have cooked he wouldnt have eaten for nearly a week...
he never cooks, he never does anything around the house, yet has ago at me for it all!

urgh. sorry for the rant
Original post by Deyesy
Could you not see the fact that you see things are going downhill as a good thing and a positive thing because you're at least able to maybe do something about it instead of being blind to things going downhill?

i could do anything about it though, i was trapped. i had noone to talk me down from that place, so things happened...
Reply 5873
Sending :hugs: to alle specially Idle :smile:

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5874
Original post by Deyesy

Definitely isn't. It's evident how much you mean people to certain people in this thread :yes:

:hugs:

i should be used to it by now.
basically iv been cooking tea since friday night, which i dont mind, and tonight he couldnt get home so he had another nights tea, and will have tonights tea tomorrow night (usual stuff) so he was eating his tea and then complained! so i turned round and said i just wont cook anymore... if i hadnt have cooked he wouldnt have eaten for nearly a week...
he never cooks, he never does anything around the house, yet has ago at me for it all!

urgh. sorry for the rant

No need to apologise! It's annoying that he doesn't seem to appreciate what you're doing for him :/ I'd say if he keeps complaining simply ask him to make his own dinner. I wouldn't try and start a fight or confrontation over it, as you don't want to end up upset, but just let him do his own thing. You've done nothing wrong, and some people will unfortunately moan about things like that for the sake of it :/ :hugs:
Original post by 08batee
No need to apologise! It's annoying that he doesn't seem to appreciate what you're doing for him :/ I'd say if he keeps complaining simply ask him to make his own dinner. I wouldn't try and start a fight or confrontation over it, as you don't want to end up upset, but just let him do his own thing. You've done nothing wrong, and some people will unfortunately moan about things like that for the sake of it :/ :hugs:

all because apparently it had too much parsnip in it, and apparently he doesnt like parsnip, even though i know hes eaten it for the past 20 years... and the dish he was eating is a family classic and i know my mum has always put parsnip in it, so i do, and he said it doesnt go because its a pasta dish and pasta and parsnips dont mix :s-smilie:
basically hes being fussy. and not appreciating the fact that someone is cooking for him, so iv said i wont cook anymore, which will stress my mum out, i know it will, which is why i cook in the first place!
Just say you are going out with friends, would that work?

And you are not weak. So many people make use of these things for various reasons and there is nothing weak about them.

No, it's unfortunate really they're very strict, no going out with "friends" (although I don't have any) lol, although I could say i'm going to the library- that would make them happy too!! (Thanks).
I remember after my incident I had to go to the GP - and my mum came with me just to make sure I wouldn't say the truth- because "i'm an attention seeker and there's nothing wrong with me". So, when I was at hospital I didn't say the truth, but at the GP surgery where I felt somewhat comfortable (even though the same GP earlier on basically said that I should talk to my parents about my feels- like wtf? I'm coming to you because I'm pretty sure I've been suffering from depression for more 2 years and I should talk to my parents who don't think I've experienced enough to be depressed/ think I'm an attention seeker etc(they just rant tbh).) I was planning on discussing why I did it, my mum came along- I couldn't say anything and she basically spoke for me in the appointment. Awkward.

Thanks, that's a really nice thing to say. Although I am weak if I wasn't I'd be able to just get over everything.
Anyway, how are you? You've listened to me go on, are you ok? You happy?
Original post by lalalaliv
I hope everyone doesn't mind me butting in this thread, as I've never posted in it before. Just feeling quite down today. I've never been diagnosed with anything but my life just seems to be a constant struggle between feeling extremely high, motivated and good about everything in general, to a sudden often very irrational dip into just feeling so low, not even wanting to get out of bed or bothering to make myself something to eat. It's very tiring and what make me feel worse is that my problems are so minuscule compared to the suffering of others.

Hi there, don't worry about posting no one sees you as butting in.

I hope this doesn't sound like I'm dismissing you but often teenagers experience mood swings so could it be that? If it's more than normal teenage mood swings do you think it might be an idea to talk to your doctor? A lot of different mental health conditions have mood swings as a symptom but you won't know for sure unless you talk to a doctor.

Like I said I hope it doesn't sound like I'm saying this isn't a problem for you, I'm just trying to cover all bases. :smile:
Bleurgh had a killer headache all day. The walls in the living room are still shouting at me, threatening that things they said will happen will still happen despite the date passing. I'm not sure how seriously to take them, I just wanna get on with my life but it's difficult when there's this constant worry about bad things happening.

More and more I'm thinking that everyone is lying to me. There's nothing wrong with me, if there was risperidone would do something other than keep me up all night. I just paid a psychiatrist/psychologist bill of $51 and god knows how much I've spent on drugs, all for a lie. I haven't worked out exactly who benefits yet or how bu someone will I don't doubt. I realize the humor of me posting in "mental health discussion" but tbh I don't know where else I can post and you people are friendly, facebook is a lie too. My threads get deleted elsewhere on tsr. :dry:
Argh, I hate that I've been tired for so many hours, yet I still can't seem to get to sleep. Wtf? Fml.

Also, I'm quite bothered about the fact that last year I wrote to some free counselling organisations, asking for their help, yet I haven't heard anything back from any of them :confused:. How to keep on seeking help, I dunno, but I suppose I can't give up.

Original post by Deyesy

I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit :nah: Your mental resilience is much, much stronger than you believe it to be; especially given your circumstances. I think you need to find that one thing you're good at and you excel at. Once you find that you'll have direction and yeah things may not improve dramatically but it'll give you a sense of direction?
[

Thanks for the reply. I think my mental resilience is bad because I react so badly to most adversities in my life, luckily not to the point of physical self harm or worse, but I know I don't deal as well as I should. I'm so confused at what to pick to do, but I suppose I will just have to keep trying.

Latest