The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6360
Original post by PonchoKid
well my sisters pregnant, but shes been pregnant for the past 8 months...
he hasnt spoken to me in ages, and genuinly doesnt care about me, hes always spent more time talking to my brother and sister.
nandos isnt even somewhere my sister would choose to go, and its also about half an hour to an hours drive away, where as theres places they could go round where we live...
he quite literally doesnt care about me.

Family politics is the worst. What are your grandparents like? Who needs nandos, i bet if you went round (if you live near them) they'd make you lunch, that's what grandparents are for.
Original post by james1211
Family politics is the worst. What are your grandparents like? Who needs nandos, i bet if you went round (if you live near them) they'd make you lunch, that's what grandparents are for.

only have one grandparent left, so its not too great :s-smilie:

just wish my dad would ask me how i am now and again, considering he chose to get my mum pregnant while he was having an affair, then leave us for her :s-smilie:
Reply 6362

just wish my dad would ask me how i am now and again, considering he chose to get my mum pregnant while he was having an affair, then leave us for her :s-smilie:

You deserve so much more than that :frown:
Anyone ever had to ask to have hours at work cut in order to help relieve stress and depression? I'm considering doing this, and I feel quite weak for it, but maybe it's for the best for now, at least until I get better. I keep constantly feeling very tired and down at work, I have RSI in one of my wrists, and every minute of my 9 hour shifts I'm just waiting to rush back home into my bed haha.
Original post by james1211
You deserve so much more than that :frown:

guess im used to it

used to being left on my own, and him ignoring me and hating me.
Went out with a friend, had a real nice time :smile:

Tomorrow I'll hear back if I got the position or not :s-smilie:
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Anyone ever had to ask to have hours at work cut in order to help relieve stress and depression? I'm considering doing this, and I feel quite weak for it, but maybe it's for the best for now, at least until I get better. I keep constantly feeling very tired and down at work, I have RSI in one of my wrists, and every minute of my 9 hour shifts I'm just waiting to rush back home into my bed haha.

Yep, had reduced hours at both my internships. The first internship went from being 4.5 days proper office hours, to eventually 3 days 11am-4pm (with a one hour lunch break :colone: ) :getmecoat: It's not weak at all to prioritise your health and it's in your boss's best interests to help you work when you can and have a healthier, happy worker, than to have you constantly taking sick leave to cope :yes:

Oh man that is not nice :frown:

My dad was and is always there for me, I never understood how other dads can be different. As someone else said, you don't deserve that!
Original post by danny111
Oh man that is not nice :frown:

My dad was and is always there for me, I never understood how other dads can be different. As someone else said, you don't deserve that!

only ever had 1 full set, as my mums parents died well before i was born, so only had my dads, but then i guess i have my step dads mum, then a family friend who is 77 is like a nana to me i guess....
so im used to it.

see i could never imagine a father figure being there for me, although i have my step dad, hes not very paternal...
and its why iv always struggled with relationships... this is my first serious relationship iv ever had that im in now, that im not scared of being left or being cheated on...
Hey, I know I don't post here that much, but is there anyone around for me to talk to? Really on edge right now, could do with a chat if anyones free. Thanks.
Reply 6370
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, I know I don't post here that much, but is there anyone around for me to talk to? Really on edge right now, could do with a chat if anyones free. Thanks.

Hey, if you still want to talk, PM me if you'd like.
Ergh this is so frustrating. I put my name down to volunteer at an animal shelter but every day I wimp out of going. I'm really frightened of doing it. Only been once in 5 weeks :colondollar: I've been doing a lot of thinking and I think I know what I'm scared of - first the bus is only every 30minutes so I can't leave when I want and it's a 4 mile walk home, second I'm worried there will be loads of volunteers so I won't have enough work to do and I'll just be standing there feeling awkward. This is crazy, I'm 25years old and still such a wimp. Anyone got any tips for how I can get myself to go? I actually really want to it's just I can't. :frown:
Lots of night time noises and im so not doing well :frown:
Really dont know whats up but i hate it :frown:
So so tired but cant get to sleep.
All i want to do is cry :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6373
Today is really hard. Really hard. Not quite sure why stuff has to be so ****ty. And I've just realised (im a great housemate) that im home alone which is really really not great. Anxiety has rocketed and im feeling quite impulsive. Dont know why my head has to be such a bomb site. Need to be right but i dont know how. ****. :cry:
Original post by Sultana
Today is really hard. Really hard. Not quite sure why stuff has to be so ****ty. And I've just realised (im a great housemate) that im home alone which is really really not great. Anxiety has rocketed and im feeling quite impulsive. Dont know why my head has to be such a bomb site. Need to be right but i dont know how. ****. :cry:

Dunno if this will help, but could you try turning the tv on? When I'm home alone I either put music on loud or turn the tv on just so's I'm not alone.
Lots of night time noises and im so not doing well :frown:
Really dont know whats up but i hate it :frown:
So so tired but cant get to sleep.
All i want to do is cry :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you manage to sleep in the end? Feeling better in the morning?
Reply 6376
For anyone who knew this week was going to be tough - it's gone about as well as could have been expected.

Got Nut. staying at mine now which is great. I think my family like me having a friend over cos it's a sign that I'm doing ok and being a 'normal young adult'. :tongue: Hoping it's not too uncomfortable for her to be around them when she doesn't really know them that well, but trying not to get excessively focused on that thought because it's clearly not too bad or she wouldn't have come back. She's staying until Monday I think, I'm at work today and I think over the weekend we're just gonna relax, bake, and cuddle the animals. Should be nice. :smile:

Original post by Sultana

:jumphug: Next time you Skype me be all honest, yeah? I could have stayed around. :hugs: Hope you're doing a bit better today, here if you need someone.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by danny111
Did you manage to sleep in the end? Feeling better in the morning?

I did after having my boyfriend on skype then having to eat some oreos and tossing and turning.

Urrm im very tired and dont know about all my thoughts so im not sure :s-smilie:
Cheers though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6378
Original post by imsorry01
I found out 2 days ago that one of my classmates killed himself.
In the first two years when we were classmates we weren`t close, but in December we started to get along a lot more than before, to walk home together and talk everyday. One day, in December, when we were going home from school he told me that he is depressed, that he isn`t that happy guy he appears at school, that he has problems with his family, that he doesn`t really talk to anyone, and so on. I wasn`t feeling confortable because we weren`t that close to tell me all this, so I changed the topic even if he was willing to talk about this. After he told me this I saw that he was acting different and that he was looking sad almost all the time, but one or two weeks later he started a relationship with another classmate. I was pissed off, so I ignored the strange way he was acting.
After I heared that he commited suicide, my first thought was that maybe if I wasn`t that selfish that day when we walked home and he wanted to talk; or before, when they were together and I saw that something was wrong with him... maybe things would be different for him now.
It`s really hard to admit that he`s sitting in a coffin while I am writing this, and that I had the chance to do someting(doesn`t matter how small impact it would have-still more that nothing) I turned the other way.
I never thought I could feel so much guilt... it suckes!

P.S.: Sorry for posting it here but the thread I was trying to create haven`t been approved in the last 40 minutes and I really need to talk to someone.

I don't really know what to say. But I'm really sorry for your loss. :hugs: The same thing happened to me and I'm still struggling to come to terms with it and the guilt associated. Things might get worse before they get better at this stage, as you still might be in shock, but they can get better eventually. I'd urge you to maybe seek out some counselling when things aren't so raw, as that can help you to cope with such tragedies. I know how much it hurts but I hope you're as okay as you can be at the moment. Stay strong.
I did after having my boyfriend on skype then having to eat some oreos and tossing and turning.

Urrm im very tired and dont know about all my thoughts so im not sure :s-smilie:
Cheers though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh man Oreos sound nice just about now. Can you not go to sleep now? I often find during the day easier to nap than falling asleep at night.

Latest