Scroll to see replies

Reply 6900
completely hopeless
Original post by 08batee
completely hopeless

:jumphug:
What's up? :hugs:
Reply 6902
Pretty sure someone is trolling the ED thread .. Actually makes me feel sick.. :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
I'm depressed, I'm finding it difficult to be motivated and I'm about to flunk out of university, failing the first year for the second time.

Please feel free to ask me about it but I really just needed to get this off my chest. I find it hard to really talk about the latter with anyone and I don't see what there is for me in the future any more. It was my one and only plan.

you need to see your university counselling services asap

make it the 3rd most important thing you do after drinking and eating

its so much harder to get help on the NHS verses university
Cant sleep and very restless and over thinking and over hating and :cry2:

Original post by 05autyt
Pretty sure someone is trolling the ED thread .. Actually makes me feel sick.. :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just ignore them hun, pretend there not there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I had my first GP appt this morning for house-binding social anxiety, some paranoia and OCD features apparently too she said, as well as the customary depression. Let out everything that I've pent up IRL over the last 6 years. They ended up giving me a prescription for Citalopram. I questioned her a lot about what I'd read about meds and how they seemed to rarely have positive effects and often had negative side-effects, but she brushed this off as a lot of people who don't really need it having bad reactions accordingly and none of them being clinically confirmed. I wonder what anyone's thoughts are on this view?

If anyone has any experience with Citalopram or generally what it does that would also be useful, and whether there is much point in me trying it for the next month before I go to uni and get counselling which I have more faith in.

Thanks.

Try it, eventually they might give you nardil which is probably the best drug for agrophobia and social anxiety

short of benzo's, but UK wont prescribe Benzo's
Reply 6906
Original post by tasha96
:jumphug:
What's up? :hugs:

Everything, basically. Don't feel strong enough to go to uni. Don't want anything to happen. Have been crying since 4am this morning just cause I feel so low and my mind doesn't work anymore. Can't do the most basic of things and I'm just useless and I just can't keep dealing with this amount of pain inside my head. It's all way too much and I can't do it. Sorry I didn't reply last night, by the way :hugs:
Reply 6907
Original post by PonchoKid
Cant sleep and very restless and over thinking and over hating and :cry2:

Just ignore them hun, pretend there not there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you take zopi? And I know but it's getting to me so much. People are so vulnerable on that thread.. Makes me so angry :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 05autyt

Posted from TSR Mobile

Report them to the mods. :yep: I've always found the MH mods to be really good with this kind of thing.
Original post by 05autyt
Could you take zopi? And I know but it's getting to me so much. People are so vulnerable on that thread.. Makes me so angry :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont know where my zopi is.
Falling apart so much at the moment :frown:

Report.
My heads to jumpled to comprehend what hes even getting at.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6910
Original post by superwolf
Report them to the mods. :yep: I've always found the MH mods to be really good with this kind of thing.

It's so triggering as well :/ and I might although I have no idea how to do that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6911
Original post by PonchoKid
I dont know where my zopi is.
Falling apart so much at the moment :frown:

Report.
My heads to jumpled to comprehend what hes even getting at.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh god that sucks. I'm here if you need me! Umm I might!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6912
Original post by rickfloss
Try it, eventually they might give you nardil which is probably the best drug for agrophobia and social anxiety

That's a really strong statement to make. Different drugs work for different people, and I'd say there is without a doubt no one 'best' drug for agoraphobia and social anxiety. Phenelzine (Nardil) is an irreversible MAOI, so has some pretty serious interactions with large groups of food. It can be really dangerous, so might not be prescribed in certain situations - most notably, there is a concern about prescribing something dangerous on overdose or interactions to people with suicidal thoughts. I know you said 'probably' and that's better than nothing, but I still think that implying that there is a best drug for everyone is pretty flawed.

They do prescribe benzos in the UK. I've had them, and I know others who have. But they are not a long-term solution, and most doctors worth their salt will only prescribe them for intermittent or short-term use in severe, short-lived or crisis situations.
Original post by 05autyt
It's so triggering as well :/ and I might although I have no idea how to do that!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Click on the bit saying 'report post' in the top right hand corner of their post. :smile:
you need to see your university counselling services asap

make it the 3rd most important thing you do after drinking and eating

its so much harder to get help on the NHS verses university

I've spoken to the welfare office, spoken to mental wellbeing and their learning difficulties section(it includes stuff such as aspergers which I am supposed to be tested for at some point) but I haven't spoken to the counselling services yet because a) when I got the ball rolling on this it felt quite late in the year to me and b) I didn't want to take away from someone who needed it more than me because it just felt like there are people worse off than me.

I don't think there's anything I can do though. I think it's too late.

Shame my boyfriend gets prescribed a benzo in the uk :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 05autyt
Oh god that sucks. I'm here if you need me! Umm I might!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers hun.
They could be on my bedside table but wallowing in bed seems much more less effort than finding them. Cant even pluck up the effort to go to the loo :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where did you get benzos? I know where you can get them but they don't exactly seem cheap. I have no idea what they're like though, so perhaps I'm wrong.

I've been prescribed mirtazapine for my sleeping, felt like they weren't that effective and wanted to ask for something more potent but figured they would know what they were doing and it'd probably make me look stupid. Though, saying that, I had dizziness, lightheadedness, highly diminished vision, buzzing in my ears, collapsed and had a fit recently. Doctor prescribed the same pills and sent me for a blood test. Lets hope the blood test will change things because I can't say I'm impressed so far.
Original post by 08batee
Everything, basically. Don't feel strong enough to go to uni. Don't want anything to happen. Have been crying since 4am this morning just cause I feel so low and my mind doesn't work anymore. Can't do the most basic of things and I'm just useless and I just can't keep dealing with this amount of pain inside my head. It's all way too much and I can't do it. Sorry I didn't reply last night, by the way :hugs:

Oh no hun. :frown: Massive hugs from here. :jumphug: I'm sorry you've had such a bad day. :hugs: You're definitely not useless. :nah: You have more strength than you think.
Is distracting helping any at the moment? :hugs:
I've spoken to the welfare office, spoken to mental wellbeing and their learning difficulties section(it includes stuff such as aspergers which I am supposed to be tested for at some point) but I haven't spoken to the counselling services yet because a) when I got the ball rolling on this it felt quite late in the year to me and b) I didn't want to take away from someone who needed it more than me because it just felt like there are people worse off than me.

I don't think there's anything I can do though. I think it's too late.

Do your mother and father pay tax?

if yes

you deserve all the help you can get

You need to fight for it,

you seem like you dont want to get better

Latest