The Student Room Group

Amazing as hell response from guy on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&client=mv-google&v=RU9QBX4U9qE&nomobile=1 watch this its pretty amazing if anyone wondering why im all over the place is because my mom got attacked in the morning -_-.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
If only everyone was like this!

Pretty much the only intelligent and well-thought out response I have seen to the attack so far.

(And woah, hope your mum is OK :gasp:)
Reply 2
Original post by emilie18
If only everyone was like this!

Pretty much the only intelligent and well-thought out response I have seen to the attack so far.

(And woah, hope your mum is OK :gasp:)

yeah she is she handled it like a boss the guy who attacked her got a black eye " strangley he was apparently not even british was dutch.
(edited 10 years ago)
Although I think he executed his response to the Woolwich murder wonderfully, there are two things I disagree with:

Michael Adebolajo is extreme because Islam is extreme. It explicitly tells believers to wage war against infidels. Muslims can deny it but it's there in black and white.

Quran, chapters (Surahs) 9:5; 2:191; 2:193; 3:118; 4:75,76; 5:33, 8:12; 8:65; 9:73,123; 33:60-62.

I fail to see how "Islam the religion of peace" - it's the most ironic statement in history.

Those who take a religious book literally are considered 'loonies' and that's why religion is 'loony'.

Adebolajo has slaughtered a non-muslim man who has indirectly caused havoc in Islam countries.

Terrorism is defined:

A person who uses terrorism in the pursuit of political aims.

Terrorism isn't exclusive to Muslims, those who fit in that category are considered terrorists. The most publicized "white" terrorist in recent times was Anders Behring Breivik. However the present day media's use of propaganda has made society associate 'terrorism' with 'Islam'.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Iamyourfather
Although I think he executed his response to the Woolwich murder wonderfully, there are two things I disagree with:

Michael Adebolajo is extreme because Islam is extreme. It explicitly tells believers to wage war against infidels. Muslims can deny it but it's there in black and white.

I fail to see how "Islam the religion of peace" - it's the most ironic statement in history.

Those who take a religious book literally are considered 'loonies' and that's why religion is 'loony'.

Adebolajo has slaughtered a non-muslim man who has indirectly caused havoc in Islam countries.

Terrorism is defined:

Terrorism isn't exclusive to Muslims, those who fit in that category are considered terrorists. The most publicized "white" terrorist in recent times was Anders Behring Breivik. However the present day media's use of propaganda has made society associate 'terrorism' with 'Islam'.

those verses are the rules of war in islam and if you read it in arabic it also adds you are not allowed to touch or harm and women or children. ONLY ENEMY SOLDIERS. soldiers persay as in armed people who are trying to kill you not people on the side of street fundraising. i never read the quran in english because the meaning is different and sounds sort of crazy. but thats beside the point and no one brought it up .
Original post by Iamyourfather

Terrorism is defined:

Wow, you must be incredibly dense. I don't understand how you can take the time to find verses to support whatever anti-Islam agenda your purporting, but not take the time to look at the context of the verses. No person would be regarded sane if they opened a book half way through, read a sentence, and proposed that they have somehow understood the entirety of the book. It's just plain nonsense. So, why have you chosen to do this with the Qur'an? Just for your information though, those verses specifically talk about self-defence and war. Not only that though, but for the majority that don't have historical context they have a verse before or after that specifies that if the enemy should seek peace, then peace should always be granted. For those that have historical context they strictly refer to war that was started by the Pagans/Qur'aish (they broke peace treaties). In fact, the moral fibre of the Qur'an with regards to war is a lot more sound than the actions Democractic, Imperialist countries of the 21st century, so I'd have a rethink of what your actually saying.
Original post by HeavyTeddy
Wow, you must be incredibly dense. I don't understand how you can take the time to find verses to support whatever anti-Islam agenda your purporting, but not take the time to look at the context of the verses. No person would be regarded sane if they opened a book half way through, read a sentence, and proposed that they have somehow understood the entirety of the book. It's just plain nonsense. So, why have you chosen to do this with the Qur'an? Just for your information though, those verses specifically talk about self-defence and war. Not only that though, but for the majority that don't have historical context they have a verse before or after that specifies that if the enemy should seek peace, then peace should always be granted. For those that have historical context they strictly refer to war that was started by the Pagans/Qur'aish (they broke peace treaties). In fact, the moral fibre of the Qur'an with regards to war is a lot more sound than the actions Democractic, Imperialist countries of the 21st century, so I'd have a rethink of what your actually saying.

And I think you're incredibly defensive that you've lost sight to what I'm saying and would rather justify the Quran for all it's worth.

I didn't claim I understand the Qur'an in all its entirely (nor do most) nor am I on a anti-Islam rampage. I dispise all forms of organised religion for many reasons far beyond the ones I have mentioned here. I appreciate its context but it doesn't change the Quran's premise which is to wage war on those aganist Islam - it is as bold as brass and you have yet to explicitly refute this.

Without trying to justify the actions of Michael, his hatred towards the western government creating such destruction in the east caused the senseless act. The 'enemy' hasn't declared peace and so the Quran states to wage war. A religion that advises war (and how to kill the opposition) is hardly a religion of peace.

Yes I think the west are the wolf in sheep's clothing however we don't need religion creating more opposition and conflict.

The taking the religious books literally is a topic on its own.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
This is actually true, people just using this to attack terrorism and Islam but showing no condolences to the soldier who passed away. Not trying to compare these cases but for Mark Duggan, when the riots sparked people were rioting as a result of his death unlike what the EDL are doing right now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending