The Student Room Group

GCSE Geography Edexcel Unit 1 June 4th 2013

please can someone provide me with notes for the exam on the 4th of june? or give me any links that would help me with the geographical skills and physical challenges paper please? many thanks

Scroll to see replies

This provides excellent revision cards. I know it's only a couple of days before the exam but go through them, they're very helpful!
http://geobytesgcse.wordpress.com/revision/unit-1-geographical-skills-and-challenges/
Original post by chococup123
please can someone provide me with notes for the exam on the 4th of june? or give me any links that would help me with the geographical skills and physical challenges paper please? many thanks

What topic are you doing for physical? I did Rivers - have awesome hand written notes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Olympiad
What topic are you doing for physical? I did Rivers - have awesome hand written notes

Posted from TSR Mobile

there are only 2 topics on this paper:

Skills and Challenges
Original post by ali_d123
there are only 2 topics on this paper:

Skills and Challenges

But there are 3 papers in total.
"Physical" refers to the physical paper
Reply 5
Original post by Olympiad
But there are 3 papers in total.
"Physical" refers to the physical paper

oh I see. But this discussion is for Unit 1
Original post by ali_d123
oh I see. But this discussion is for Unit 1

It's not like there's loads of people here talking or anything,
And I don't see anything wrong with discussing something outside of the title as long as it is the same subject etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Well guys, how did it go? I found it alright

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nathan36
Well guys, how did it go? I found it alright

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are not allowed to discuss it yet.
Reply 9
Sorry thanks
Original post by Nathan36
Sorry thanks

no problem, just read the rules.

You can discuss it now - how did you find it?
Reply 11
i found the challenges okay, but the map skills were so complicated ; too many contour lines and in welsh! :frown: ive really messed up my chance of getting an A* now :frown:
Reply 12
does anyone have the unoffical mark scheme
Reply 13
Original post by rosie_pops
i found the challenges okay, but the map skills were so complicated ; too many contour lines and in welsh! :frown: ive really messed up my chance of getting an A* now :frown:

yes! another one of many people i have spoken to that found the map work hard. i think the grade boundaries will definitely be low, they are always lower than for unit 2 and 3. what did you get in the coursework, i was told 42 was an A* and i found out that 46(what i got :biggrin:) was 100 ums, so maybe you still can get an A*

unit 2 and 3 are easier anyway
Reply 14
map skills was very hard,what did you get for the first question and that 5 marker
Reply 15
Original post by don9999
map skills was very hard,what did you get for the first question and that 5 marker

all my answers that i can remember:

national trust is the owner of land

yellow line shows that the land is national park

for the jkl, i can't really remember, but i think i put river, road and footpath

for the cows question, i put methane comes from their bowels and then it is a greenhouse gas and absorbs longwave radiation, keeping it in the earth and warming it up

didn't put much for the 5 mark question on resource extraction, i think i got two or 3 out of 5, i put stuff about amine solutions and scrubbers

for how to improve an urban area, i thought that was vague. but i put reduce pollution, reduce congestion, easier to move around, safer for pedestrians

i talked about the park and ride for the question after the one above

i remember using loads of examples for the six mark question, i just cant really remember them, put i did put droughts, rising sea levels, melting ice caps, etc
Reply 16
[

do you remember what you put for the features in the countours graph

Reply 17
I though it was one of the hardest unit 1 papers ever. Section B was ok, but section a was a disaster for me. Really difficult.
Reply 18
Original post by dahliar96
I though it was one of the hardest unit 1 papers ever. Section B was ok, but section a was a disaster for me. Really difficult.

true true,can you remember what answers you put for unit 1 skills part?
Reply 19
Um I put that the national trust owns the land. For the ones where you have to say what A, B, and C are I remember a really weird name for the valley for A, the A5 for B but I couldn't actually see a building anywhere for C lol.
I can't really remember anything else but I do remember that the cross section was impossible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending