The Student Room Group

GCSE Geography Edexcel Unit 1 June 4th 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by dahliar96
Um I put that the national trust owns the land. For the ones where you have to say what A, B, and C are I remember a really weird name for the valley for A, the A5 for B but I couldn't actually see a building anywhere for C lol.
I can't really remember anything else but I do remember that the cross section was impossible.

I put A is Yr Haford (or something like that), B is A5 and C is a public convenience
Reply 21
I think that's exactly what I put too :smile: what distance did you put for the next question? I think I put 5 km
Reply 22
i put 4km :s-smilie: what did you put for the features of the contour map?
Reply 23
I think I put a tributary, or a river, a picnic site, and something else. Basically a load of rubbish:frown: I didn't think it was clear- it completely confused me because the cross section seemed to cross over loads of different things :frown: this is just depressing me now I hope the next two exams aren't as bad
Reply 24
yeh same, the map was so confusing i had to completely guess that quest i put something like a visitor centre, parking and castle. :frown: I hope the grade boundaries are low
Reply 25
Definitely. I don't even know what I got for my coursework so I'm basically praying for a miracle in these next two exams. Geography was the worst mistake of my life :frown:
Reply 26
SAME! what topics are you doing for the other two exams?
Reply 27
For unit 2 I'm doing river landscapes and wasteful world and for unit 3 I'm doing economic change and tourists world. :/ what about you? And do you think the grade boundaries for the unit 1 paper will be low?
Reply 28
lol i'm doing the same units :biggrin: and yeah i hope so the lowest it has been is 37/50 i think which is still quite high :angry:
Reply 29
Yeah that is really high :frown: but cos it was out of 54.... I hope it's lower. I wish I had my coursework mark so I at least knew what grade I'm at so far. Did u get yours? We did rivers for the coursework
Reply 30
no i haven't got my coursework back as well :frown: and same we did the River Darent and we had to measure rock features
Reply 31
Yeah same. It was such a dull piece of coursework. And really long as well. But I'm just gonna forget about unit 1 and just focuson the next two. I know the grade boundaries are usually higher for them too :frown:
I got full marks in my coursework and am predicted an A* but yesterdays Unit 1 exam was so difficult. I found that even the Challenges for the Planet section was quite different and strangely worded to past papers, and the map work was really difficult. I got really confused with the cross section. How did you guys describe the valley?
Reply 33
I found the geography exam hard and the six markers were difficult i did not know what a sit was so i left the entire question out stupid me?
i REALLY HOPE THE GRADE BOUNDARIES ARE LOW BECAUSE I GOT A U IN MY MOCK AND I HAD REVISED HARD SINCE!
Reply 34
I could not do that question. So confusing :frown:and I totally agree about Challenges. It was easier than the skills section but was really weirdly phrased.
Reply 35
what question is this?
Reply 36
unofficial mark scheme anyone?

there were way too many contour lines on that test
Reply 37
Original post by Julall
lol i'm doing the same units :biggrin: and yeah i hope so the lowest it has been is 37/50 i think which is still quite high :angry:

incorrect

http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Documents/1006%20GCSE%20Units%20Grade%20Boundaries%20Home.pdf
Reply 38
I found section two,( challenges for the planet) okay, but the map skills, I found so hard!
Reply 39
Original post by Julall
what question is this?

The one about the valley shape

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending