The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Aspley Hall/ Little Aspley Hall- University of Huddersfield

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hey, I'm really struggling with room choice, there's so many different types and I don't know what the difference is with premium? Anyone currently/previously stayed at Aspley Hall know what the difference is? Would be really grateful for any help :smile:
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by vickyA95
Hey, I'm really struggling with room choice, there's so many different types and I don't know what the difference is with premium? Anyone currently/previously stayed at Aspley Hall know what the difference is? Would be really grateful for any help :smile:

Im planning on going aspely aswell, might just get a standard ensuite since its cheap
Reply 22
I'm thinking of going there too
Reply 23
Anyone going to Aspley please join our facebook group for next year to ask questions and meet potential flatmates.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/518762858236538/

I stayed there this year and have rebooked for next.
Reply 24
In terms of differences between room types I'll try and explain.
The standard/premium difference is this - the premium rooms are just being newly decorated and fitted this year so they'll be fresher and more modern.
The standard ensuite is the basic room.
The standard plus is the same size as the basic but has a 3/4 bed, so less floor space, bigger bed.
The deluxe is a larger room plus the 3/4 bed.
The super deluxe is the same as the deluxe but with a larger bathroom too.
The studio is an individual room with kitchen, lounge, bedroom all open plan in one with en-suite..
Reply 25
Hi,
I looked around Aspley today and it was amazing so was thinking of booking a room!
I'll be a first year in September and was wondering is there many other first years thinking of staying??
Can you ask to be in a flat with other first years???
Thanks!
I am thinking of staying there!
Reply 27
Original post by Elepic
Hi,
I looked around Aspley today and it was amazing so was thinking of booking a room!
I'll be a first year in September and was wondering is there many other first years thinking of staying??
Can you ask to be in a flat with other first years???
Thanks!

Hi :smile:
That's great! You can write it down in the additional preferences form, however when booking last year I was told that they try to allocate rooms for the same year group anyway :smile:
I'm staying at aspley too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Please join our facebook group for next year's Aspley residents, you can meet potential flatmates and get all the information you need on the accommodation!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/518762858236538/
i'll be a first year staying at aspley hall. just wondering if anyone know the differences between aspley and little aspley?
Original post by nimbusquaffle
i'll be a first year staying at aspley hall. just wondering if anyone know the differences between aspley and little aspley?

Big aspley has got the gym and swimming pool and has more rooms, little aspley is only a few minutes walk away and you can use all the facilities at big aspley, hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Planning to stay here but not sure, worried what sort of flatmates i may end up with
Reply 33
There's only 3 of us out of the 4 at the moment in the flat I'm in and we've been chatting for a few weeks now and it's a pretty good fit :smile: all seem into the same stuff and they both seem absolutely friendly and open-minded and we've already started making plans about moving in on the same day and what we want to do. Best of all we come from different parts of the country and different courses and we're all super excited to live together and share the experience together :smile:. Just because it's privately owned doesn't mean they just randomly put people together. Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
whats the difference between the two?
Hopefully ill be in Aspley next year. I don't know what other accomodations I can get.
Original post by natalia97
whats the difference between the two?
Hopefully ill be in Aspley next year. I don't know what other accomodations I can get.

Hey Natalia,

Glad to hear that you're looking forward to living with us, next year! :smile:

Aspley House and Little Aspley House are in two separate locations [Map], but share all the same communal facilities such as private residents gym, cinema room, and gaming room- all of which are located in Big Aspley House.

As a result, Little Aspley is quieter. It's cheaper per week since they have to walk a few minutes down the road to use the facilities.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending