The Student Room Group

Economics f583 june 2013 work and leisure exam!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Evolutionism
are yooouuu serriooussss? I thought it was 'Discuss the extent to which government intervention is the best method in improving labor flexibility?'

I read that question and it did zay that.
are yooouuu serriooussss? I thought it was 'Discuss the extent to which government intervention is the best method in improving labor flexibility?'

yeah that question suggests that govt intervention isnt the only way to improve labour market flexibility so you need to discuss other forms such as innovations and external shocks.
Reply 82
Original post by king101
I did that I think. How did you explain MRP? Did you draw diagrams like when MRP =MCL (MRP=demand curve) (MCL=supply curve) when these cross= quantity of labour and wage rate...then I said if the demand increase due to increase productivity of say doctors it increases MRP etc..and showed shifts...

OOOOOOh I never wrote anything about supply DAAAM!

naaa I gave numerical examples like if mpp were to increase then mrp would go up or something but looking back I gave a really bad explanation haha oh well, hope I did well in global

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Quantum_Phantom
I did question 3 and only when i reached the conclusion of part B did I realise that it asked for methods OTHER than Govt Intervention to improve flexibility. My essay was focused on govt intervention only. Assume im not going to get more than 13/20 for that.

SOOO GUTTED.

Not sure you had to talk about other methods, just the advantages and disadvantages of govt. intervention methods, and then overall say how effective they are in increasing flexibility :smile:
Original post by A.Mustapha
Not sure you had to talk about other methods, just the advantages and disadvantages of govt. intervention methods, and then overall say how effective they are in increasing flexibility :smile:

I believe that you are both right. You should counter your argument with why government intervention isn't the best method of improving labor flexibility and in the evaluation/judgement you can suggest the better methods, hence other ways.
I believe that you are both right. You should counter your argument with why government intervention isn't the best method of improving labor flexibility and in the evaluation/judgement you can suggest the better methods, hence other ways.

Yeah on the jan 2010 there was a similar question about immobility of labour, and the mark scheme doesn't specifically say to state other ways, but that may increase analysis I think
Question 2)b)

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/63391-mark-scheme-january.pdf
Original post by The Polymath
I did question 2, something like:
a) Discuss the behaviour of monopoly firms.
b) Comment on the extent to which competition can create efficiency.

Did anyone else do this?

I did these too.
I thought I did a good job on my A answer but felt like I could have done far better on Part B.

As for section A of the paper I thought it went very well. I was expecting inequality but was happy it came up. Will be hoping for near maximum marks on that section of the paper.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending