The Student Room Group

AS Grades...

I've just sat the last of my AS exams, and whilst I'm often quite negative about my performance after exams (mainly down to my super intelligent friends discussing answers which I didn't get...) I often do very well.

However, there's just something about these AS exams which made me feel slightly more worried than usual.

I'm just wondering what the minimum AS grades you should apply to medical school with are? I think the best case scenario is that I get straight A's (which is what I'm predicted), however, say I got AABB, ABBB, AABC, etc, should I still apply?

I know it's early days and my teachers are the best too ask about this, but I'm just wondering what you guys think about the important of AS levels?

Cheers
Reply 1
Original post by stevenphillips96
I've just sat the last of my AS exams, and whilst I'm often quite negative about my performance after exams (mainly down to my super intelligent friends discussing answers which I didn't get...) I often do very well.

However, there's just something about these AS exams which made me feel slightly more worried than usual.

I'm just wondering what the minimum AS grades you should apply to medical school with are? I think the best case scenario is that I get straight A's (which is what I'm predicted), however, say I got AABB, ABBB, AABC, etc, should I still apply?

I know it's early days and my teachers are the best too ask about this, but I'm just wondering what you guys think about the important of AS levels?

Cheers

Predicted grades are often more important than AS grades AFAIK, so as long as you can get your teachers to predict you AAA, you should be fine. Having said that, you should check out the entry requirements for particular medical schools as some med schools ask for particular grades at AS.
Reply 2
It depends where you apply - some med schools want strong AS grades so applying with less than AAAA would be risky, others will be fine with a couple B's as long as you are predicted AAA.
Reply 3
well- ifu r in that situation where u have more than one B or a C, then u have two options if u still want to do medicine- either retake and then wait until ur A" results and apply the year after ur A2 year andtake a gap year

or 2 do graduate entry medicine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending