Tissue Fluid Formation - Confused!! Watch

emzilee
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Ok, my notes for how tissue fluid is formed and returned to the circulatory system seem a bit sketchy and well... I don't have a clue!

Can someone please explain it to me? Exam tomorrow!!

Thanks!
x
gyrase
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by emzilee)
Ok, my notes for how tissue fluid is formed and returned to the circulatory system seem a bit sketchy and well... I don't have a clue!
"The What" ; Tissue fluid is formed due to the hydrostatic pressure from the pumping of the heart. It is composed of water molecules, fatty molecules, CO2 and lymph (drained of in the lymph system afterwards).

"The Where" ; In capillaries; specially adapted one-cell thick tubes which occur after the arteries.

"The how" ; pressure causes, small molecules to be pushed out of the blood plasma through the capillaries (ultrafiltration) and to form interstitial fluid (tissue fluid) Note plasma proteins from the blood remain in the blood plasma since these are too large to pass through capillaries. Water is reabsorbed into the blood plasma by osmosis to maintain blood pressure.

Good Luck for your exam!
j00ni
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=237142
emzilee
(Original post by Axon)
"The What" ; Tissue fluid is formed due to the hydrostatic pressure from the pumping of the heart. It is composed of water molecules, fatty molecules, CO2 and lymph (drained of in the lymph system afterwards).

"The Where" ; In capillaries; specially adapted one-cell thick tubes which occur after the arteries.

"The how" ; pressure causes, small molecules to be pushed out of the blood plasma through the capillaries (ultrafiltration) and to form interstitial fluid (tissue fluid) Note plasma proteins from the blood remain in the blood plasma since these are too large to pass through capillaries. Water is reabsorbed into the blood plasma by osmosis to maintain blood pressure.

Good Luck for your exam!
Thanks so much!!

I was dreading it but I did a past paper for each unit last night and got 60 and 62 out of 75... which I know isn't great. But now I can address those last few issues!

Are you taking it too?
radion
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by emzilee)
Thanks so much!!

I was dreading it but I did a past paper for each unit last night and got 60 and 62 out of 75... which I know isn't great. But now I can address those last few issues!

Are you taking it too?
those scores exceed the grade boundaries for A
you have nothing to worry about
emzilee
(Original post by radion)
those scores exceed the grade boundaries for A
you have nothing to worry about
They do?

I thought they were a B!

I sound like SUCH a snob when I say 'only a B'... I've always been like that, I hate it!

Today's main revision includes - Biology Molecules (alpha and beta glucose mainly, tissue fluid, biological tests (the test for sugars) and isolating genes.

Plus everything else. Ah well, it'll all be over in 24 hours time!
Pete.S
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yup you got over 80% so they are A's. Good luck for tomorow
mfb3000
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Todays revision - unit 2. The whole thing. Oh god
Also got to go over transcription and translation... but they're all right. Just the whole of unit 2 i s slightly killing me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (225)
27.85%
No (583)
72.15%

Watched Threads