The Student Room Group

Tissue Fluid Formation - Confused!!

Ok, my notes for how tissue fluid is formed and returned to the circulatory system seem a bit sketchy and well... I don't have a clue!

Can someone please explain it to me? Exam tomorrow!!

Thanks!
x
Reply 1
emzilee
Ok, my notes for how tissue fluid is formed and returned to the circulatory system seem a bit sketchy and well... I don't have a clue!
"The What" ; Tissue fluid is formed due to the hydrostatic pressure from the pumping of the heart. It is composed of water molecules, fatty molecules, CO2 and lymph (drained of in the lymph system afterwards).

"The Where" ; In capillaries; specially adapted one-cell thick tubes which occur after the arteries.

"The how" ; pressure causes, small molecules to be pushed out of the blood plasma through the capillaries (ultrafiltration) and to form interstitial fluid (tissue fluid) Note plasma proteins from the blood remain in the blood plasma since these are too large to pass through capillaries. Water is reabsorbed into the blood plasma by osmosis to maintain blood pressure.

Good Luck for your exam!
Reply 3
Axon
"The What" ; Tissue fluid is formed due to the hydrostatic pressure from the pumping of the heart. It is composed of water molecules, fatty molecules, CO2 and lymph (drained of in the lymph system afterwards).

"The Where" ; In capillaries; specially adapted one-cell thick tubes which occur after the arteries.

"The how" ; pressure causes, small molecules to be pushed out of the blood plasma through the capillaries (ultrafiltration) and to form interstitial fluid (tissue fluid) Note plasma proteins from the blood remain in the blood plasma since these are too large to pass through capillaries. Water is reabsorbed into the blood plasma by osmosis to maintain blood pressure.

Good Luck for your exam!

Thanks so much!! :biggrin:

I was dreading it but I did a past paper for each unit last night and got 60 and 62 out of 75... which I know isn't great. But now I can address those last few issues!

Are you taking it too?
Reply 4
emzilee
Thanks so much!! :biggrin:

I was dreading it but I did a past paper for each unit last night and got 60 and 62 out of 75... which I know isn't great. But now I can address those last few issues!

Are you taking it too?

those scores exceed the grade boundaries for A
you have nothing to worry about :smile:
Reply 5
radion
those scores exceed the grade boundaries for A
you have nothing to worry about :smile:

They do?

I thought they were a B!

I sound like SUCH a snob when I say 'only a B'... I've always been like that, I hate it!

Today's main revision includes - Biology Molecules (alpha and beta glucose mainly, tissue fluid, biological tests (the test for sugars) and isolating genes.

Plus everything else. Ah well, it'll all be over in 24 hours time! :smile:
Reply 6
yup you got over 80% so they are A's. :smile: Good luck for tomorow
Reply 7
Todays revision - unit 2. The whole thing. Oh god :frown:
Also got to go over transcription and translation... but they're all right. Just the whole of unit 2 i s slightly killing me.
5 points of tissue fluid formation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending