The Student Room Group

How did you feel about leaving school?

Did you keep in contact with friends and associates or not?

Today was my last day of school and I cried constantly because I'll miss the teachers but there are about 5 students I'll miss. (All girls schools are honestly the most immature and bitchiest places I've had the displeasure of experiencing)

I'm afraid though, as the structure of school is all anyone knows in beginning their lives so it's very scary to be entering the world of independence haha!

How was your last day? What did you do?

EDIT; I meant leaving sixth form for Uni, not GCSE to A Level. Woops! Sorry!:tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

My last day wasnt as dramatic as others' apparently were. I just went round the corner to a pub with my close mates and had a good laugh. I'm still in contact with them.

I then went to Uni, and trust me, once youve been there a few weeks, youll forget about school and wonder why leaving it was such a big deal. Uni's amazing and school seems boring and grey looking back on it now! :biggrin:
Reply 2
Just like any other day tbh. Didnt really have anything to "miss" about. Sure I had good teachers... But meh. I have no inclination to meet them or whatever.

I only have one friend that I'm in touch with. And he left the school well before the last day.

I don't even remember the last day of my school. How pleasant...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TaliTalulla

Today was my last day of school and I cried constantly because I'll miss the teachers but there are about 5 students I'll miss. (All girls schools are honestly the most immature and bitchiest places I've had the displeasure of experiencing)

I'm afraid though, as the structure of school is all anyone knows in beginning their lives so it's very scary to be entering the world of independence haha!

My last day was pretty crap. Everyone was in their groups signing shirts, and I didn't have anyone. I spent half of first period crying in the toilets, because I was alone on my last day of school and it felt awful. Then I went to second lesson, and the boy I was sort of friends with arrived. Then I sort of attached myself to him and went round with him and got my shirt signed and stuff. So that was okay. Then we had a leavers' service and then we went home. Most people went to the pub, but I just went home.

I'm really sad about leaving, even though I hated school. I hated it because I was lonely, and I was upset that I'd wasted my school life. Even though I had very few people to talk to, and I spent all my breaks and lunches alone in the library, at least I was around people, in the presence of other people. Now that's over, and I've got no one.

I got one boy's number from school. I miss him so much, but I'm scared to text him too often. He gives me mixed signals and I can't pick up on what I'm supposed to do ... I don't know if I text him it bothers him, or if I don't text him he'll think I'm not interested in being his friend...

I just want to go back to school, tbh. As lonely and embarrassing as it was, it's better than being stuck at home, cut off from everyone, 110%.
Reply 4
I didn't go to the last day
One of the happiest, most relieving days of my life.

Seriously, when that class bell ended, I was skipping my way out of the school doors I was that happy.

I hated school with an absolute passion. I refused to go to prom for that reason.
Are we on about year11? I went to a different school for sixth form and I knew no one so it was so hard for me, leaving my best friend since primary school was tough. I text her as much as I can, we're going pizza hut this saturday but sixth form keeps us very busy:/
Reply 7
I thought, yeahh! I'm leaving this hellhole, finally.
Reply 8
Original post by Chad_Bronson
One of the happiest, most relieving days of my life.

Seriously, when that class bell ended, I was skipping my way out of the school doors I was that happy.

I hated school with an absolute passion. I refused to go to prom for that reason.

Same, I didn't go to prom and everyone was like, "oh, you'll regret not going" and I'm just like, "I regret nothing."
Original post by Bella-May
Same, I didn't go to prom and everyone was like, "oh, you'll regret not going" and I'm just like, "I regret nothing."

I didn't regret anything, at all. It's ridiculous how much fun I had not going to prom.

I had a book to write, god damn it! :biggrin:

Oh, and welcome to the forum, Bella-May! :biggrin:
Reply 10
I didn't regret anything, at all. It's ridiculous how much fun I had not going to prom.

I had a book to write, god damn it! :biggrin:

Oh, and welcome to the forum, Bella-May! :biggrin:

I know, it's silly. Like, why would I regret going when not many of you even liked me anyway?

Ooooh, what kind of book? :P

Haha, cheers. :smile:
I know, it's silly. Like, why would I regret going when not many of you even liked me anyway?

Ooooh, what kind of book? :P

Haha, cheers. :smile:

Well, I'm an "interpretivist" of sorts - The sort of guy who looks into something, conducts research into it, and attempt to bring an understanding of it through my interpretation, my views if you like, into why that something is the way it is.

If that makes sense? :s-smilie:
Original post by TaliTalulla

Couldn't wait to leave. I don't miss a single thing about compulsory education. My only regret is not making more of an effort to keep in touch with certain people. Haven't spoken to anyone I went to school with in years (I left six years ago).

Everyone said the same to me, knew at the time it was a load of **** and i've been proved right :laugh: All these Year 11 proms seem to be is a competition between girls as to who can wear the most expensive things. I know someone who had a £200 prom dress, wore it once and spent the next two years trying to sell the thing. I mean... why?
Reply 13
Well, I'm an "interpretivist" of sorts - The sort of guy who looks into something, conducts research into it, and attempt to bring an understanding of it through my interpretation, my views if you like, into why that something is the way it is.

If that makes sense? :s-smilie:

Yeahh, I understand, I think? Hahah
Yeahh, I understand, I think? Hahah

I blame the poor wording of my sentencing - I didn't sleep very well last night and I think my brain is a mush of thoughts xD
Reply 15
Original post by sr90
Couldn't wait to leave. I don't miss a single thing about compulsory education. My only regret is not making more of an effort to keep in touch with certain people. Haven't spoken to anyone I went to school with in years (I left six years ago).

Everyone said the same to me, knew at the time it was a load of **** and i've been proved right :laugh: All these Year 11 proms seem to be is a competition between girls as to who can wear the most expensive things. I know someone who had a £200 prom dress, wore it once and spent the next two years trying to sell the thing. I mean... why?

I know, it's just an expense, really. I just can't be bothered with formal occasions anyway.
Reply 16
I blame the poor wording of my sentencing - I didn't sleep very well last night and I think my brain is a mush of thoughts xD

I hate when you can't sleep because your brain just won't shut up, haha.
Overthinkinggg
My last day was so ****. The teachers were kind enough to kick us out straight after we left the exam hall.
BUT my friend and I managed to do our prank by sneaking around the school :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
One of the happiest days of my life tbh!
I hate when you can't sleep because your brain just won't shut up, haha.
Overthinkinggg

Oh absolutely, bloody nightmare that :|

Quick Reply

Latest