The Student Room Group

Stressed even after exams - help!

I’m pretty sure I’m going crazy. I’ve just had the possibly worst week of school. I was sick for a weeks and missed a grand total of 3 exams which my school decided would be a good idea to make me take all of them on the same day (which was today) and on top of that I had two other big exams. I was stressed out to the max. Panic attacks, crying all the time and even completely blanking on one exam because of the stress. The exams are over now and I genuinely don’t care that much about the results but I still feel the same stress I did before? Like, I feel like I need to study but I don’t, though. I’d like to just relax and enjoy a day off but this panic came back out of literally nowhere. How do I get rid of this? It’s kinda ruining my whole day :frown:
Original post by Kyra_0
I’m pretty sure I’m going crazy. I’ve just had the possibly worst week of school. I was sick for a weeks and missed a grand total of 3 exams which my school decided would be a good idea to make me take all of them on the same day (which was today) and on top of that I had two other big exams. I was stressed out to the max. Panic attacks, crying all the time and even completely blanking on one exam because of the stress. The exams are over now and I genuinely don’t care that much about the results but I still feel the same stress I did before? Like, I feel like I need to study but I don’t, though. I’d like to just relax and enjoy a day off but this panic came back out of literally nowhere. How do I get rid of this? It’s kinda ruining my whole day :frown:

Hi @Kyra_0

Sorry to hear you've had a rough time recently.

I'm sure as you've finished your exams that you'll start to feel more at ease, but you might still be feeling anxious as you're probably now thinking about how you did on the exams instead of about them in general.

It might take some time to fully be able to relax but I think a good place to start is by trying to distract yourself. Maybe something like settling down and watching a film could work, or maybe you could meet some friends or do something with your family to distract yourself? I personally like arts and crafts for this kind of thing as it helps be to relax but it's also something I love to do, so I know I'll enjoy it.

You will probably start to feel less anxious over time, but I know that feeling can keep coming back. Try to stay positive as best as you can. And you should be proud of yourself for getting through your exams, especially as you had some time away from school.

Best of luck,
Emily
Student Ambassador at BCU
Original post by Kyra_0

Hi there

Sorry to hear that you are worried.

It is good that you have pulled through your exams, well done! I know it may feel like there is something left to be done, but I think you should afford yourself the time to take a break.

I understand that exams are stressful, and can leave you feeling anxious for a while. Perhaps it would help you list the things you need to do next, plan out when you will do these, and take a break before doing them. Hopefully, this will help you notice that there is not too much work you need to be doing, so you can and definitely deserve to take a break.

Take your time to recover, make sure you give yourself a break before jumping back into your studies later on to prevent burn out. I would recommend finding a distraction for yourself, such as watching TV, or doing exercise.

All the best
Chloe
University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest