The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Maths at bath

I've applied to study MMath this September at the university, and have been given a conditional offer. I feel reasonably confident that I will achieve these grades and so am eager to find extra material that I may read or study over the summer to act as extra predation for the course, mainly as a couple of months without maths would lead me to become incredibly bored!
Are there any specific text which people would recommend as ideally I would like to read texts which are relevant to the teaching at the university in the first year.
Also if any math students have found some books that they feel are good to read, irrelevant to the course, then that would be brilliant! :smile:
Original post by beth-jane
I've applied to study MMath this September at the university, and have been given a conditional offer. I feel reasonably confident that I will achieve these grades and so am eager to find extra material that I may read or study over the summer to act as extra predation for the course, mainly as a couple of months without maths would lead me to become incredibly bored!
Are there any specific text which people would recommend as ideally I would like to read texts which are relevant to the teaching at the university in the first year.
Also if any math students have found some books that they feel are good to read, irrelevant to the course, then that would be brilliant! :smile:

Hi Beth,

"Analysis" by P.E. Kopp would be a good start, this covers first year analysis and some extra. This is the module that first years struggle with the most as it is totally unlike anything at A-level.

If you would like to buy my copy, I'll do you a good deal :tongue:

Thanks,

Simon
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Quick Reply

Latest