The Student Room Group

Need help choosing A-levels!

So I would hopefully like to take my A-levels and get into Pharmacy school.
I've done my research and entry requirements for most of the universities I've looked at require 3 science A-levels, or Chemistry with one other science and maths.

Maths is not my strongest point, I can do it in the sciences because it is applied in most cases. Would taking all 3 sciences be too heavy? I've heard chemistry is a hell of a lot of work, I'm willing to put the work in though.

I'm an A* GCSE student in all my sciences, so I think I'm capable of handling it, I just want a second opinion as I've been told the gap between GCSE and A-levels is huge! :redface:
Reply 1
Will you enjoy it?

The best advice I can give you is to do something you really enjoy and would look forward to learning about and not just subject area with great career prospects. Believe me, if you only do it because you think you will get a great paying job afterwards then the chances are you will lose interest and be unhappy, as I am now.. At the end of my law degree and really regretting ever choosing it
Reply 2
Original post by chlograce

I've done my research and entry requirements for most of the universities I've looked at require 3 science A-levels, or Chemistry with one other science and maths.

Maths is not my strongest point, I can do it in the sciences because it is applied in most cases. Would taking all 3 sciences be too heavy?

Seems like it's your only choice if you don't want to do Maths? For the record, I think it's perfectly doable, but of course I don't know you.

Quick Reply

Latest