The Student Room Group

So is maths a level worth it? - Deciding A-Level

I been struggling to choose and as i am not 100% where i am going but i find anthropology and international relations interesting so i decided to take sociology, history, English lan or English lit but not sure and on the side as my school offers like extra I would do Latin Spanish b2 and french b2 as well as English c2.

However…
The dilemma is that i need four a levels and i dk what to choose for the fourth one, people have told me maths but i did not enjoy it at the end of year 11 and apparently it gets harder, plus looking at past paper hard.

So is maths a level worth it?
Reply 1
Original post by wanting-mercenar
I been struggling to choose and as i am not 100% where i am going but i find anthropology and international relations interesting so i decided to take sociology, history, English lan or English lit but not sure and on the side as my school offers like extra I would do Latin Spanish b2 and french b2 as well as English c2.
However…
The dilemma is that i need four a levels and i dk what to choose for the fourth one, people have told me maths but i did not enjoy it at the end of year 11 and apparently it gets harder, plus looking at past paper hard.
So is maths a level worth it?
you dont need a level maths lol. and who said you need 4 a levels 🤣??
Original post by iwanta*
you dont need a level maths lol. and who said you need 4 a levels 🤣??
I knowwww its so annoying in England you choose 3 but i live in Spain in a British school and they force us to have four!!!
I didn’t enjoy maths at gcse either but picked it at a level bc I wanted to do physics. to sum up my experience: disliked at gcse, hated it in year 12, enjoy it in year 13. it definitely does get harder the more you progress but it’s not terrible. the only downside I would say is that it requires a lot of time to become comfortable with all the topics (which you could’ve invested into another subject). you seem to like essay based subjects more so maybe keep maths as an option but look into more “english” based subjects. hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest