The Student Room Group

Which A Levels to Choose?

Struggling to decide on your A Level subjects? It’s not an easy decision I’ve been there myself. But there are a few things you can consider to help with your decision.

If you’re thinking of going to university or a certain job role after your studies, are there specific A Levels you might need to move forward? You can look on university websites to see if there are specific entry requirements you might need. Or have a browse on the UCAS website to see if there are any recommended subjects for different career paths. For me, I chose Art as I knew I wanted to go onto a creative design degree.

You can also look at your current studies and what subjects you do well in. There may be some subjects you feel more confident in so these could be a good A Level choice. Or is there a subject you’re interested in now that you would like to develop more to a higher qualification. I chose History using this advice I was attaining good grades and was interested in learning more!

You should also consider what you enjoy! You are studying your A Levels for 2 years you don’t want to be suffering and demotivated with subjects you hate! No matter what you choose, you’ll probably find you’re A Levels challenging, but choosing what you love will make it much easier to find motivation to study and revise. You could also consider a subject like art or drama which gives you a break from traditional exam style studies. I chose drama as I liked not having to sit at a desk for every lesson.

Also remember that what you choose now doesn’t confine you and you can still choose other uni choices and career paths later.

Feel free to ask any questions about A Levels, choosing your options, or my experience choosing my subjects below!

Emily :smile:
Student Rep at BCU
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest