The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Need Help, I don't have a Graduation Robe!

Hi all,

I was out of the country for some weeks, and I admit it was a big error on my part, but I didn't realize I was supposed to book my Graduation gown.

My graduation is on Monday and I don't have a Gown, Hat etc.I have tried calling Ede and Ravenscroft, but it's a Saturday.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you know anybody who is not going to be attending and has an extra Robe I would be happy to pay for it! Let me know.

Do you think they keep extras?

Thanks for any advice/feedback.
I think there's an option to keep your gown for a week or something? Ask your friends (being aware that different departments can have different robes) if they have taken up that option

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by J.T
Hi all,

I was out of the country for some weeks, and I admit it was a big error on my part, but I didn't realize I was supposed to book my Graduation gown.

My graduation is on Monday and I don't have a Gown, Hat etc.I have tried calling Ede and Ravenscroft, but it's a Saturday.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you know anybody who is not going to be attending and has an extra Robe I would be happy to pay for it! Let me know.

Do you think they keep extras?

Thanks for any advice/feedback.

Ask your graduation office whether the company will be bringing extra robes with them on the day. I am in the same situation as you (different university) but it just means I have to get there super early to get one of the spares they're bringing.
Reply 3
I know when I graduated a couple of weeks ago (from reading uni) they had some spares with them for people that had ordered the wrong size
Reply 4
You may have to fashion one out of household items.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending