The Student Room Group

FOOD AND DRINK: The TSR Blast From the Past Championship Thread

Scroll to see replies

Wonderball!

There is not nearly enough chocolate in the world which has toys inside.
I have to vote Wonderball, I'd completely forgotten about them until this thread and now I would do bad things to get my hands on one.
Nestle Wonder Ball! Sometimes it's nice to have a surprise, and it was always fun collecting things as a kid:d
A tough choice... I think I'm going to vote for Marble just because it's more unique. A Wonder Ball, as far as I remember of it, was a lot like a Kinder egg and (as far as I'm aware) you can still get your hands on them, whereas I don't think there's anything much like Marble still being sold.
Wonder Ball. Chocolate AND a toy inside? I'm sold.
Marble! Such a tasty chocolate, given it's Cadburys who can be surprised? I don't remember the wonderball but I know Nestle rarely steps up to the Cadbury mark..
Marble please! It tasted so good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cadbury Marble, mainly because Cadbury choc always wins and secondly because yum.
Milkybar choos I think they were called?

Lush!
Original post by Davelittle
Milkybar choos I think they were called?

Lush!

:lolwut: Milkybar Choos were knocked out in an earlier round, I'm afraid.
Original post by Platinum Mech

Do you know what knocked it out?
Original post by Platinum Mech

Ignore my last post, on page 12 it says they won? :redface:
Original post by Davelittle
Ignore my last post, on page 12 it says they won? :redface:

Yes, they won that round, but they lost a later round and so are no longer in the competition (they are in the list of 'round losers' in the first post). And even if they were still in the competition, in this round you're supposed to be voting for Wonder Ball or Marble, not anything else.
Reply 633
WONDERBALL. Never even had it but chocolate and Disney? I'm sold! :biggrin:
Reply 634
NESTLE WONDER BALL WINS!

The Wonder Ball is actually a terribly-fated beastie.

It began life as the Magic Ball, and was essentially a ball of Nestle chocolate with a Disney toy inside - AWESOME! Then, some kids started EATING the toys, and Nestle was sued. Nestle was forced to either alter the Magic Ball or face swift justice. So, they changed it to the WONDERBALL (which is actually the original name - though "Magic Wonder Ball" sounds a bit too much) and replaced the toys with fruit sweet shapes. Even with popular licences behind it (I mean, check it out! An ARMAGEDDON wonderball?) - even Spongebob versions bombed - it couldn't keep any sales going, and Nestle axed it.

Believe it or not the Kinder Surprise is still contraband in several countries - they are illegal to sell in the USA for the very reason that children love to eat toys, apparently.

Kids are crap.
Reply 635
NEXT SET HAS COMMENCED! TIME FOR YOUR WINNERS TO BATTLE ONCE MORE!

CADBURY WISPA BITE fights CADBURY SNAPS!

Cadbury versus Cadbury in this civil war of chocolate! Aeration or Wafer-thinness? Which technique of making your chocolate that little bit lighter is best? Which one floats all the way up to the heavens for you?

...I know, tenuous, tenuous linking there.
I have to go with the Snaps, because they were amazing! What were Cadbury's thinking getting rid of them?? :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ooooh.

Tough.

I'm going to go for snaps, because they're essentially chocolate Pringles, and world is a better place with their existence.
It's got to be Snaps for me. They're my favourite thing in the competition and the only reason I'd rather Amicelli win is because there are versions of Snaps available, but of course I'd love the original to return.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Snaps! Loved them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest