The Student Room Group

going insane

im in a constant state of panic/anxiety the second xanax starts wearing off. idk how to chill the **** out. everythings stressing me out, my boyfriend, our dog, the neighbours, wish i could stay in bed forever
im literally shaking just typing this
idk how to chill the **** out

Scroll to see replies

Get some of this tomato soup down your neck. That'll cheer you up a bit. It's cheap and easy to make. You can either make it via the hob and oven, or just chuck all the ingredients into a soup maker.
The pesto sauce and Welsh Rarebit are nice optional extras to this dish.
And BTW, don't add any salt to these. Mr Ramsay is a salt addict. You don't have to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q96I_lUbx_Y

I can give you another recipe for tomorrow, if you like.
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
Get some of this tomato soup down your neck. That'll cheer you up a bit. It's cheap and easy to make. You can either make it via the hob and oven, or just chuck all the ingredients into a soup maker.

i haven't cooked in months tbh
it sounds nice tho.. i like soups. low calorie stuff.
Get some takeaway comfort food.
Watch a few of your favourite dvds on the sofa or in bed. 🎉

Then remember some of your happiest memories and all the positives in your life.
How much better off you are now than you were when living with parents.
Or working in a high stress office surrounded by the type of legal sharks that belong in the ocean, far away from people who don't want to donate a limb or a few pints of their blood. :tongue:

Alternatively you could compare your life with half the students of TSR whom you would not want to swap places with in a million years.
Students that are fed up after years of having to: share a bathroom with 4+ housemates, spend less than £40 a week on shopping and work multiple jobs to survive financially, pay eyewateringly high accomodation bills, live free with toxic waste parents, get dragged to church/other worship premises to 1-3 times a week to hear horrid fire&brimstone rants.
Reply 4
Original post by londonmyst
Get some takeaway comfort food.
Watch a few of your favourite dvds on the sofa or in bed. 🎉

Then remember some of your happiest memories and all the positives in your life.
How much better off you are now than you were when living with parents.
Or working in a high stress office surrounded by the type of legal sharks that belong in the ocean, far away from people who don't want to donate a limb or a few pints of their blood. :tongue:

Alternatively you could compare your life with half the students of TSR whom you would not want to swap places with in a million years.
Students that are fed up after years of having to: share a bathroom with 4+ housemates, spend less than £40 a week on shopping and work multiple jobs to survive financially, pay eyewateringly high accomodation bills, live free with toxic waste parents, get dragged to church/other worship premises to 1-3 times a week to hear horrid fire&brimstone rants.

no takeaways for me. i recently gained 5 pounds despite eating less than ever. prob the *****y new meds i had to be on. but i need to return to my normal weight asap

but i live with two sharks... id give anything to be a high school/college student again
Original post by Ciel.
no takeaways for me. i recently gained 5 pounds despite eating less than ever. prob the *****y new meds i had to be on. but i need to return to my normal weight asap

but i live with two sharks... id give anything to be a high school/college student again

Is your weight gain because of increases to your body fat % or putting on muscle doing heavy lifting?

Could be that drinking too much wine and sparking sodas with a high sugar content is increasing your risk of bloating.
As well as piling on extra calories that you don't need and have to burn off to avoid gaining weight.
What home workouts are you doing?

If your bf is behaving worse towards you than your parents ever did when you were growing up, it's time to get ready to move in with a friend who has a spare bed.
Or find some part time work so that you will be able to afford to leave, end the relationship and move into a houseshare or emergency accomodation provided by your local council.
Original post by Ciel.
i haven't cooked in months tbh
it sounds nice tho.. i like soups. low calorie stuff.

Nice? That's the understatement of the year! It's delicious!

If you have a soup maker (your boyfriend can afford to buy you one) it's not really cooking. It's just feeding the machine some stuff that gets transformed into edible heaven.
Reply 7
Is your weight gain because of increases to your body fat % or putting on muscle doing heavy lifting?

Could be that drinking too much wine and sparking sodas with a high sugar content is increasing your risk of bloating.
As well as piling on extra calories that you don't need and have to burn off to avoid gaining weight.
What home workouts are you doing?

If your bf is behaving worse towards you than your parents ever did when you were growing up, it's time to get ready to move in with a friend who has a spare bed.
Or find some part time work so that you will be able to afford to leave, end the relationship and move into a houseshare or emergency accomodation provided by your local council.

definitely fat. gross. i haven't been getting much exercise.. my life's been steadily going downhill since like spring/summer tbh. i ended up in hospital for some time. since getting out, im in this weird constant panic mode.

he just drinks too much tbh. and alcohol gives him anger issues, lol. but i cant even judge him for it considering what i do. i know i could probably do something to live my life differently but its like my own brain is stopping me, im scared of changing anythign
Reply 8
Nice? That's the understatement of the year! It's delicious!

If you have a soup maker (your boyfriend can afford to buy you one) it's not really cooking. It's just feeding the machine some stuff that gets transformed into edible heaven.

we dont, since i dont really cook much. maybe he will get me one for christmas then, haha
Original post by Ciel.
definitely fat. gross. i haven't been getting much exercise.. my life's been steadily going downhill since like spring/summer tbh. i ended up in hospital for some time. since getting out, im in this weird constant panic mode.

he just drinks too much tbh. and alcohol gives him anger issues, lol. but i cant even judge him for it considering what i do. i know i could probably do something to live my life differently but its like my own brain is stopping me, im scared of changing anythign

Youtubers like Emi Wong, Bailey Brown and Gabi Whited have great short exercise workouts.
Most can be done at home on the sofa or on a chair.
Quite a few of the morbidly obese crime survivors I've been helping to lose weight have dropped 9-11 dress sizes, losing at least 130lbs though a combination of youtube workouts and maintaining a daily calorie deficit of at least 600 calories.

Try to cut down on the salt, high sugar soft drinks and booze.
Drinking more still unflavoured water and eating more protein & pulses instead of unhealthy ultra-processed meals loaded with carbs.
Fresh salads and fruits instead of packaged snacks containing dairy or heavily salted items.
Original post by Ciel.
we dont, since i dont really cook much. maybe he will get me one for christmas then, haha

Good soup makers are available on amazon for less than £80.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Morphy-Richards-501022-Maker-Function/dp/B07D1CG3LZ/
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Linsar-Stainless-Programms-Smoothie-Stainless_Steel/dp/B0BSLSRNLS/

Same with multi-cookers that can also make soups.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Russell-Hobbs-28270-Good-Multicooker/dp/B096Y9XNLF/
Reply 11
Youtubers like Emi Wong, Bailey Brown and Gabi Whited have great short exercise workouts.
Most can be done at home on the sofa or on a chair.
Quite a few of the morbidly obese crime survivors I've been helping to lose weight have dropped 9-11 dress sizes, losing at least 130lbs though a combination of youtube workouts and maintaining a daily calorie deficit of at least 600 calories.

Try to cut down on the salt, high sugar soft drinks and booze.
Drinking more still unflavoured water and eating more protein & pulses instead of unhealthy ultra-processed meals loaded with carbs.
Fresh salads and fruits instead of packaged snacks containing dairy or heavily salted items.

i wouldnt say im fat, by society's standards im still underweight, but the extra 5 pounds bother me. i can literally feel the extra fat on my body, in places where there was no fat before, and it really grosses me out.

tbh ive been living in a slight calorie deficit since high school and always maintained my weight. until now. so its really annoying. maybe its the side effects. or just no exercise etc.who knows

will check out the youtubers, thanks. i also really wanna start taking my dog out for walks again, im sure that will help too. its just that ive been too scared to lately so my boyfriend had to do it instead
(edited 4 months ago)
:hugs:
Reply 13
Original post by CoolCavy

🐹🐾 long time no see
Original post by Ciel.
🐹🐾 long time no see

It is :colondollar:

How are you doing ciel (apart from the above :redface:) It's always a welcome surprise to see you :jumphug:
Reply 15
Original post by CoolCavy
It is :colondollar:

How are you doing ciel (apart from the above :redface:) It's always a welcome surprise to see you :jumphug:

well, apart from the above, then probably pretty good, haha! wbu
And BTW, don't add any salt to these. Mr Ramsay is a salt addict. You don't have to be.

In the nicest possible way, telling someone with a mental illness that tomato soup is going to sort their life out is not the way to go...
I know you probably won't, but I really hope you speak to your doctor about this. Sending hugs as I don't think I have anything else helpful to say :hugs:
Original post by Ciel.
well, apart from the above, then probably pretty good, haha! wbu

:console:

Have you got anyone you can speak to about it in person? :frown: also how old is your dog now? I remember when he was a puppy :biggrin:

Until this week I was doing relatively good :redface: I've had a severe chest infection the past week which has wiped me out but antibiotics are helping :smile:

Original post by black tea
In the nicest possible way, telling someone with a mental illness that tomato soup is going to sort their life out is not the way to go...

"a tomato-rich diet is independently related to lower prevalence of depressive symptoms. These results suggest that a tomato-rich diet may have a beneficial effect on the prevention of depressive symptoms."
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22840609/

Quick Reply

Latest