The Student Room Group

Changing flat tyres

I'm not very good at this so if I ended up having a flat tyre, can I call the AA. Who else would be able to
Change the tyre
Just learn how to do it yourself. It's incredibly easy, and most cars come with all the tools needed to do it. Don't be a helpless wuss all your life
Other than learning to do it yourself, the only people who will be able to do so are recovery services. You could also use a solution such as 'tyre-in-a-can', however be careful as some of the kits like that can temporarily fix the problem (or are unable to fix the problem at all) at the cost of being able to do a proper repair, many garages will refuse to work with tyres that have such sealant in.
Reply 3
Can't change mine because I haven't got the locking wheel nut key. derp.
Reply 4
Original post by rmhumphries
Other than learning to do it yourself, the only people who will be able to do so are recovery services. You could also use a solution such as 'tyre-in-a-can', however be careful as some of the kits like that can temporarily fix the problem (or are unable to fix the problem at all) at the cost of being able to do a proper repair, many garages will refuse to work with tyres that have such sealant in.

Better off having a spare tbh. The tire repair kits aren't meant to be permanent repairs and are only to get you to a garage to put a new tyre on.
At least with a spare you can drive around freely and you've still got the spare when you get a new tyre.
Original post by Camoxide
Better off having a spare tbh. The tire repair kits aren't meant to be permanent repairs and are only to get you to a garage to put a new tyre on.
At least with a spare you can drive around freely and you've still got the spare when you get a new tyre.

Aye - I fully agree with you, however I thought it was worth pointing out if for some reason the OP really didn't want to learn how to change a tyre, or if for some reason their car didn't have either a spare tyre or a jack/other tools for changing the tyre (many recent cars no longer than a spare tyre now).

Original post by Camoxide
Can't change mine because I haven't got the locking wheel nut key. derp.

Easiest thing to do is take it to a garage, and they can get the nut off, and you/they can then replace it.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending