The Student Room Group

Marine has no regrets urinating on bodies of dead Taliban

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Ayesha1234
I see what you mean but I don't think it's right to inflict more harm on the dead, I know they can't feel it but they can't defend themselves either. I guess it's the moral thing to do imo.

Morally, yes, I agree, but I take this on the standpoint that we shouldn't stoop to their level of indecency. America is supposed to champion and uphold moral values to be proud of, not to partake in disgusting acts that we think the likes of the Taliban are low enough to do. What does it say about soldiers?
Original post by Inzamam99
"We're human," he continued. "Who wouldn't [want to get revenge] if you lost your brother or mother? Wouldn't you want revenge?"

Indeed who wouldn't? This analogy applies just as much to the Pakistanis who have lost loved ones in American drone attacks and indeed the victims of Western aggression all over the Muslim world.

It's not the West who blow up mosques during Ramadan in the 'Muslim World', It's other muslims and has been going on for years.

Suicide bombings on Iraq on a daily basis arent the Americans, its Muslims killing Muslims.

Anti-west people on here should realise there problems are far bigger in the Sectarian violence within the region, rather than Western soldiers trying to help people in Afghanistan.

Reason why the U.S drone the Taliban in Pakistan? Because Pakistan arent dealing with it themself.
Reply 42
Original post by slickrick666999
How does Islam treat it's enemies, mind you?

With justice. Muslims seek peace with those who seek peace with them. Otherwise, Muslims fight their enemies to defend their faith, lands, and people.

I don't see the west attempting to make peace with Islam or the Middle East. I don't agree at all with what the Taliban are doing at all but i don't agree with the double standards in the west. If a Taliban did this action everyone who find it disgusting, but somehow people justify what this marine has done, because of the actions of the Taliban? what about the actions of the marine?
To be honest, I could care less what happens to my corpse. I'm dead; piss on the body, extract my organs, throw the rest in the rubbish.
Reply 44
Original post by Al-Mudaari
To be honest, I wasn't expecting someone without morals to be outraged anyways.

What they done was something a low-life would do. Doesn't matter how much you hate your enemy, there's certain limits in warfare that any self-respecting person would not cross.

And the dead, regardless of who's body it is, should be respected.

the dead taliban won't feel anything anyway. his actions (urinating on a dead body) does not make any difference, he is dead, peeing on it wont make him more "dead", or bring him back to life.

if you want to preach about respect, honour, bla bla bla.. how about lets get to negotiating table for a truce since they respect each other so much?
(edited 10 years ago)
The Americans are deplorable. Especially if you compare them to their entirely upright, moral enemies the Taliban and Islamic extremists.

I once heard that a Taliban soldier was punished for treating an American body poorly... Then I woke up.

I woke up back to a world where Islamic extremists cut off the heads of captives, shoot girls in the face and blow themselves up.

No wonder some Americans are doing bad things. When you fight monsters you may become one yourself.
Original post by Zakmoh15
With justice. Muslims seek peace with those who seek peace with them. Otherwise, Muslims fight their enemies to defend their faith, lands, and people.

I don't see the west attempting to make peace with Islam or the Middle East. I don't agree at all with what the Taliban are doing at all but i don't agree with the double standards in the west. If a Taliban did this action everyone who find it disgusting, but somehow people justify what this marine has done, because of the actions of the Taliban? what about the actions of the marine?

Ok, yet if anybody wants to defend their lands, faith, people from Islam, or sustain themselves in a manner they wish to, you call it fascism. :biggrin:

You're not doing yourself any favours by defending a dead terrorist. I'm sure if the KKK Wizard was urinated upon by a Black teenager, you would also be outraged.

Not.
Original post by Xotol
Morally, yes, I agree, but I take this on the standpoint that we shouldn't stoop to their level of indecency. America is supposed to champion and uphold moral values to be proud of, not to partake in disgusting acts that we think the likes of the Taliban are low enough to do. What does it say about soldiers?

I totally agree.
Reply 48
Original post by slickrick666999
Ok, yet if anybody wants to defend their lands, faith, people from Islam, or sustain themselves in a manner they wish to, you call it fascism. :biggrin:

You're not doing yourself any favours by defending a dead terrorist. I'm sure if the KKK Wizard was urinated upon by a Black teenager, you would also be outraged.

Not.

yes, a dead body is a dead body I would be outraged, if someone has died they deserve the respect no matter who they are or what they did. Some in the Taliban are in the organisation because they are there to protect their family and loved ones, so the Taliban would not target them, would they deserve to die and be urinated on?
Original post by Zakmoh15
A dead body should be respected no matter who they were or what they did.

Can you tell me why this is true, because I'm struggling to work it out? Where is the logic in this? Why should all dead bodies be respected?

Nevertheless, even if what you say is true, which is a stretch, my point still stands: why on earth is this being treated as an issue, when the elephant in the room is the way the Taliban treat living people, who have real feelings.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by The Angry Stoic
The Americans are deplorable. Especially if you compare them to their entirely upright, moral enemies the Taliban and Islamic extremists.

I once heard that a Taliban soldier was punished for treating an American body poorly... Then I woke up.

I woke up back to a world where Islamic extremists cut off the heads of captives, shoot girls in the face and blow themselves up.

No wonder some Americans are doing bad things. When you fight monsters you may become one yourself.

You're being far too generous. The Taliban are monsters to the living, which is far worse than being a monster to the dead!
Reply 51
Original post by felamaslen
Can you tell me why this is true, because I'm struggling to work it out? Where is the logic in this? Why should all dead bodies be respected?

Nevertheless, even if what you say is true, which is a stretch, my point still stands: why on earth is this being treated as an issue, when the elephant in the room is the way the Taliban treat living people, who have real feelings.

Because we pride ourselves on having higher standards, for proving ourselves better than the others who would do this sort of thing.

Anger and desire for revenge are understandable. Acting upon them in this way never is.

And we treat the dead with respect because our fight with them is over. They are at peace and we no longer hold any quarrel with them. They have seen the end of the war and deserve dignity. They cease being an enemy and become a fellow human. We honour not what they stood for, but that they stood.
Ah yes, the Taliban. They're the chaps who regularly use unwitting boys as young as seven as suicide bombers. In one case a young Downs boy. The Marine should have taken a dump as well. http://www.hrw.org/news/2011/08/31/afghanistan-taliban-should-stop-using-children-suicide-bombers
Reply 53
Original post by felamaslen

A dead body should be respected because of the physical adoration that coincides with physical contact. The lifeless body of a loved one is missed in physical absence because it could have represented feelings of love, compassion, safety and many others during physical interaction. Soldiers, Armies, Government treat people in horrific ways, droning innocent civilians, gunning down innocent families and killing children but they go with the excuse that they were just following orders. so the "elephant in the room" is that some soldiers are just as bad as some Taliban just the one who urinated on his enemy.
The Taliban are a bunch of backward, oppressive scum. They deserve everything they get.
Original post by TrueDat
but not muslim aggression across the world? :rolleyes:

Both. One is to a large extent a consequence of the other though although obviously our opinions will differ on which one.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Apocrypha
It's not the West who blow up mosques during Ramadan in the 'Muslim World', It's other muslims and has been going on for years.

Suicide bombings on Iraq on a daily basis arent the Americans, its Muslims killing Muslims.

Anti-west people on here should realise there problems are far bigger in the Sectarian violence within the region, rather than Western soldiers trying to help people in Afghanistan.

Reason why the U.S drone the Taliban in Pakistan? Because Pakistan arent dealing with it themself.

Oh wow. You're looking at things in a very simplistic manner- I'll reply in more detail when I have a bit more time.
Reply 57
Having served at the Greek Army as a marine,9 months compulsory national service Aug 2011-May2012,I would like to say these.

A soldier should always respect life even the life of the enemy.And a dead man deserves honour no matter who he was.Actions like urinating and desrespecting a dead human shows a psychologically sick man and serious lack of morals and education.

Especially as a Christian I cannot imagine a human having so much hate and disrespect to others.
"But one was like, 'You know what, [urinate] on these guys.' And some said, 'Yeah, [urinate] on them.'"

This amused me greatly. "Yeah, let's [urinate] on their [gosh-darned] bodies; they're [nasty and bad]", said the sergeant.

Anyway, the mistreatment of corpses is much less newsworthy than the mistreatment of living people. They're dead. That's the significant fact. I don't particularly care what happens to their bodies. I certainly wouldn't feel under any moral duty to bury them in accordance with their own customs. Though obviously this is pointless and unprofessional.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 59
Original post by TimmonaPortella

This amused me greatly.

Anyway, the mistreatment of corpses is much less newsworthy than the mistreatment of living people. They're dead. That's the significant fact. I don't particularly care what happens to their bodies. I certainly wouldn't feel under any moral duty to bury them in accordance with their own customs. Though obviously this is pointless and unprofessional.

It is not acceptable by anyone to show any disrespect to the dead.It is highly immoral.Simple things like these separate a civilised man from an uncivilised wild beast..The law at most of civilised countries sees any form of disrespect of the dead as a crime.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending