The Student Room Group

is this okay?

im currently 16 years old and dont drink water during the day or use a water bottle during the day
i tend to only drink one cup of water after dinner than maybe tea after or squash
Reply 1
Original post by hurtinguser
im currently 16 years old and dont drink water during the day or use a water bottle during the day
i tend to only drink one cup of water after dinner than maybe tea after or squash

There's strictly no set requirement to how much water you should be drinking. The 8 pints a day is overkill.
Your body often indicates how much water you would need to drink. Having said that, it doesn't sound like you're drinking adequate water for your age (and possibly body mass).

Note: I am not a medical expert, but consider drinking about 3 cups at least per day. If you find yourself going to the toilet too often, then it's too much. If you don't go to the toilet at all, then you're in trouble.
Reply 2

It probably is not particularly good for you to be drinking so little. What colour is your urine?
Reply 3
Original post by bl0bf1sh
It probably is not particularly good for you to be drinking so little. What colour is your urine?

yellow
Reply 4

Every individual must drink 2 liters of water every single day, though it varies for kids. I heard many GPs/doctors recommending it.
Reply 5
yellow

Not enough water then.

You want it to be a light shade. If it's a dark shade, then it's not healthy or that you have too much salt.
Reply 6
yellow

Ideally it should be a very pale yellow.
Try to drink water throughout the day maybe consider setting an alarm every couple of hours, or getting (and using!) one of those hydration tracker water bottles? Your body will get used to it pretty quickly :smile:

why dont you drink water? you should its delicious!
Original post by TomokoRainMaker
why dont you drink water? you should its delicious!

I dunno, If someone tried to hand me a glass of London water I'd call the police :tongue:
Original post by StriderHort
I dunno, If someone tried to hand me a glass of London water I'd call the police :tongue:

london water? ah yes straight from the Thames! quite tasty if you ask me, it gives you that little kick at the back of your throat:biggrin:
Original post by TomokoRainMaker
london water? ah yes straight from the Thames! quite tasty if you ask me, it gives you that little kick at the back of your throat:biggrin:

I might just want hydrated, I might not want kicked in the throat to live :tongue:

You know drinking water is supposed to be transparent right? :eek:
Original post by StriderHort
I might just want hydrated, I might not want kicked in the throat to live :tongue:

You know drinking water is supposed to be transparent right? :eek:

Thames = river
river = nature
nature = mother nature
mother nature = mother nature
if mother nature wants me to drink it, so be it. I'll stand by her side. its all about loved the planet and all that...

Quick Reply

Latest