The Student Room Group

Edinburgh Medical school Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1320
Original post by Student 1
Had you applied for medical sciences or have they given it you as consolation for medicine rejection? Sorry if you got rejected (I did a few days ago :frown: )

Posted from TSR Mobile

Applied for both med sci and medicine. Still waiting to see if I'll get medicine (so I hope it wasn't a consolation). It's nice to have a back up though...
Original post by KitKat123
And EUCLID is down this fri/sat/sun so I def think it'll be March 3rd/4th

Yeah it does sound like everything is gearing towards that week! :s-smilie: getting close now
Original post by Dr. Django
Yeah it does sound like everything is gearing towards that week! :s-smilie: getting close now

My life feels like its on hold til I hear - it's my top choice so fingers crossed
Original post by barrinalo
I know of a few who have been rejected

Do u know their ukcat results? I heard international cut off points lower?
So scary seeing candidates with great academics not being in the top category. I'm now wondering if you don't have both Advanced Higher Chemistry and Biology if they score your S6 much lower. If you think about it, you lose marks for having a B or a C in them, so do you lose more if you're not taking them?
Original post by Medic applicant
So scary seeing candidates with great academics not being in the top category. I'm now wondering if you don't have both Advanced Higher Chemistry and Biology if they score your S6 much lower. If you think about it, you lose marks for having a B or a C in them, so do you lose more if you're not taking them?

They don't specify that you have to take AH chemistry and biology

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it true that Edinburgh will only take in around 30 international students this year?
Original post by Yummy4321
Is it true that Edinburgh will only take in around 30 international students this year?

"only"? 30 is almost double the usual number of internationals. I haven't heard anything about it being higher than usual.
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
"only"? 30 is almost double the usual number of internationals. I haven't heard anything about it being higher than usual.

^^" heeh, my bad.. I see.. Thank you, senior (how I wish if I were a UK applicant). =) One more week to go and hopefully all the aspiring doctors will be offered at least a place in a medical school.
Reply 1329
can anyone tell me the twitter account for edinburgh
Original post by amyb96
can anyone tell me the twitter account for edinburgh

@EdinburghMBChB :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1331
Original post by -Neuro-
@EdinburghMBChB :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you!!!:smile:
Hi, I'm an international applicant. Still survived until today is such a miracle but scary though.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Alwalid189
Hi, I'm an international applicant. Still survived until today. Being the only boy in college who still survived from being rejected by edinburgh is such a miracle but scary though.

Don't think they work on Sundays anyway though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Student 1
Don't think they work on Sundays anyway though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha I know that of course. hopefully can continue to survive until march!
reckon there'll be more rejections tomorrow or are we save til Tuesday?
Original post by KitKat123
reckon there'll be more rejections tomorrow or are we save til Tuesday?

we are never safe :colone:

Bonne chance!
Anything today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DonGreeky
Anything today?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I reckon everyone was actually safe today!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending