The Student Room Group
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website

Human Nutrition at UUC

Anyone starting human nutrition in sept at coleraine?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Jenmezza
Anyone starting human nutrition in sept at coleraine?

Nope, but doing dietetics so probably similar modules :smile:
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website
Reply 2
Feel like such a loner cuz i dont know anyone going haha. R u living up in coleraine?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Feel like such a loner cuz i dont know anyone going haha. R u living up in coleraine?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah Im sure it'll pick up a lot when A-level results come through :smile: I've got a room booked in Maple Lodge so I'll be staying there, how about you?
Reply 4
I know thats true. Yes i am stayin off campus in cromore court..agherton was my top choice bt didnt get it. Looking forward to starting?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I know thats true. Yes i am stayin off campus in cromore court..agherton was my top choice bt didnt get it. Looking forward to starting?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, not looking forward to living in poverty again though :| Are you?

What modules do you take in your first year? I think they're probably pretty similar to dietetics
Reply 6
Ohh tell me about it! I wonder what I'm letting myself into sometimes haha! Looking forward to it though, meeting new people etc.

I think it's the likes of human anatomy and physiology and a lot of chemistry/biochemistry.

I never did chem at a level though I went to tech n did the access to science course so hopefully that helps! I would say 1st year will have similar modules. Do you know what modules u r doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Ah I did an access course too :smile: Mine had chemistry on it but Im not looking forward to it at all.

My modules are:

Human Physiology and Anatomy
Introductory Chemistry
Biostatistics and Study Skills
Psychology Applied to Health
Biochemistry
Medical Cell Biology
Bioanalysis for Nutrition
Reply 8
Aww really? when did u do ur access course? :smile:

Sounds similar to what im doing..can vaguely remember. Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Hello, just came across this thread. I am doing Dietetics too :smile: so I'll be meeting yous very soon!
Reply 10
Original post by rcraven
Hello, just came across this thread. I am doing Dietetics too :smile: so I'll be meeting yous very soon!

Nice, think you're first dietetics peep Ive met on here :smile: Did you do an access course or a-levels to get on? Howd you find that HPAT, i thought it was awful!
Reply 11
Aww really? when did u do ur access course? :smile:

Sounds similar to what im doing..can vaguely remember. Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did my access course at BelfastMet in 2012 - 2013 , so only just finished it and got exam results a few weeks ago (though am somehow still really unprepared with paperwork, how is that possible!)

How about you?
Reply 12
Yeah you're the first I've come across too :smile: I've done a bit of both, I did my a levels 3 years ago, one of them being home economics and then I've been doing a HND in applied biology for the past 2 years which I just finished there in June. Are you looking forward to it? It's going to be a lot of work lol
Original post by mikeyuk
Nice, think you're first dietetics peep Ive met on here :smile: Did you do an access course or a-levels to get on? Howd you find that HPAT, i thought it was awful!
Reply 13
Original post by rcraven
Yeah you're the first I've come across too :smile: I've done a bit of both, I did my a levels 3 years ago, one of them being home economics and then I've been doing a HND in applied biology for the past 2 years which I just finished there in June. Are you looking forward to it? It's going to be a lot of work lol

Yeah looking forward to the course, but not having to live in poverty again! Did you do any chemistry for your a-levels, I am a little worried about the chemistry aspect of it. Are you living in Coleraine?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 14
I done some chemistry in my HND there and found it hard, at an open night I was speaking to people who are doing dietetics and they said to not worry about it as we do an introductory module in it, I will find it hard though, definitely not my strength lol and yeah I found the hpat really hard, couldn't believe I got in! Lol I'm gonna be living Agherton :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
I got into Human Nutrition as well and didn't study chemistry for A-Level either which worries me a bit now
Reply 16
Original post by SJMcK
I got into Human Nutrition as well and didn't study chemistry for A-Level either which worries me a bit now

Yeah hopefully its not too rough, at least there's a few of us in the same boat :smile:
Reply 17
Aww yayy! Someone doing the same as me.. :smile: r u living up in Coleraine?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Yeah hopefully the chemistry aspect won't be too bad, even for GCSE I wasn't too keen on chemistry.
Yeah I'm staying in Agherton hby?
Reply 19
I struggled with chemistry too, hope its not too hard :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest