The Student Room Group

Dietetics and Nutrition at London Metropolitan University

Hi there,

I am interested to study at the London Metropolitan University the undergraduate course mentioned above, either Dietetics or Dietetics and Nutrition. Unfortunately, because I have no Biology and Chemistry A levels I was offered a Human Nutrition Foundation year course. I could not attend this course as I already have a degree in Tourism with Business, hence SF will not fund this Foundation year. Anyway, because I failed to secure a place in 2023 at the Dietetics and Nutrition I have enrolled myself in a Master degree at the University of Westminster. The master name is Global Public Health Nutrition. Here I already learned the basics and essentials of nutrition plus modules like nutritional assessment and interventions, diet and Disease and concepts and principles of nutrition. Prior to the master course I have studied a short course called Essentials of Nutrition. My question is, do you think that this master course could exempt me of the Biology and Chemistry required for the Dietetics and Nutrition/Dietetics undergraduate course? Do I stand a chance to start the course this September? Additionally, I am interested to know how the placements work at this course? How many do we have each year, how long they will be? When these will take place? Thank you in advance for your help.
Original post by Joana95
Hi there,

I am interested to study at the London Metropolitan University the undergraduate course mentioned above, either Dietetics or Dietetics and Nutrition. Unfortunately, because I have no Biology and Chemistry A levels I was offered a Human Nutrition Foundation year course. I could not attend this course as I already have a degree in Tourism with Business, hence SF will not fund this Foundation year. Anyway, because I failed to secure a place in 2023 at the Dietetics and Nutrition I have enrolled myself in a Master degree at the University of Westminster. The master name is Global Public Health Nutrition. Here I already learned the basics and essentials of nutrition plus modules like nutritional assessment and interventions, diet and Disease and concepts and principles of nutrition. Prior to the master course I have studied a short course called Essentials of Nutrition. My question is, do you think that this master course could exempt me of the Biology and Chemistry required for the Dietetics and Nutrition/Dietetics undergraduate course? Do I stand a chance to start the course this September? Additionally, I am interested to know how the placements work at this course? How many do we have each year, how long they will be? When these will take place? Thank you in advance for your help.

You need to contact London Met and ask if your masters qualification would be considered suitable for entry to the dietetics course. If they would consider it, then the equal consideration deadline for UCAS applications is 31 January.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 2
The issue is that I have contacted them many times about my concern, they never knew exactly what to advise me. Last time they said to contact the module leader, but I never got any reply from the module leader. I was thinking to apply and to see what's gonna happen.
Reply 3
Hi, I am an MSc graduate from marketing and business from a Russel group uni. I had the same problem as I didn’t study science during my A levels. So I couldn’t get in. I am doing an access to HE in science, applied again this year and got an offer. I hope this helps
Reply 4
Original post by Joana95
Hi there,

Hi Joana, sorry I don't have an answer to your question but I'm interested in knowing how was the short course you did "essentials of nutrition" was it hard ? I'm currently enrolled in it and intimidated tbh as someone with no science background as well! , would appreciate some tips on how you studied and passed the tests and how hard it was ? also if you had any updates regarding your studies as I am planning going that same road !

Quick Reply

Latest