The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I want to be you!! I want my exams to be over!!!!!!

I'm happy for you!!

(I have 8 more to go!)

I bet you're feeling happy?!xx
Reply 2
I don't think she's quite finished yet...

Yup, my lessons:

- Construct a proper revision timetable (only did one after half term, should've made one for the pre-half term ones)
- Download the specification a bit earlier
- Mark my work with the mark scheme continually

and...

- Don't leave things when I don't understand them hoping I will later, because I never won't :rolleyes:
Reply 3
butterfly_girl_5

I will do all my coursework as soon as the term starts (before revision)

This is definitely one I will be thinking about. The coursework wasn't finished until right by the deadline, which left me very little time for revision and squashed it all into a small amount of time. It's made the past months quite a task.
Reply 4
My lessons:
- For things like History, actually reread the class notes regularly.
- Start revising earlier
- Actually write a revision timetable at all :redface:
- Trust my teachers less :mad:
Reply 5
Youve revised over months?? Jebus...
Today im revising science, and tonight. until about 3, im thinknig. ARHGGH.

my lessons - dont take textiles/lessons where teachers dont teach you.
- revision IS important..
-Drinking is bad during exam time
- make revision note cards! Its all abit too late now..commendation for revising so early.
Reply 6
I'll use the right revision guides for my particular board! darn wjec...
Smiler_uk
I want to be you!! I want my exams to be over!!!!!!

I'm happy for you!!

(I have 8 more to go!)

I bet you're feeling happy?!xx

hell yeah. [closes eyes in exhaustion] :biggrin:

I STILL HAVE SCIENCE TOMORROW BTW
Reply 8
butterfly_girl_5
hell yeah. [closes eyes in exhaustion] :biggrin:

I STILL HAVE SCIENCE TOMORROW BTW

Lmao
I have science tommorow, welsh on monday, and stats on thursday!
I have to teach myself stats in a week. crud.
Reply 9
-Make notes throughout the year
-Avoid revising things I already know. Great for confidence but not for exams :frown:

Other than that I think generally my exams have gone reasonably well. Granted I screwed up the maths exam and stuff but nothing disasterous (I think).
Reply 10
butterfly_girl_5
Now weve had so many exams- does anyone feel theyve learnt how to do well in exams?

Next year:

I will start revising (slowly and gradually) at the start of the year
I will find out exactly what content/skills I need to learn and what papers Im taking
I will invest in rescue remedies, herbal teas ect so I can get some sleep before exams

Definitly !!! Whether it will actually happen or not is a different story but i'm definitly going to try
Reply 11
butterfly_girl_5
Now weve had so many exams- does anyone feel theyve learnt how to do well in exams?

Next year:

I will find out exactly what content/skills I need to learn and what papers Im taking
I will invest in rescue remedies, herbal teas ect so I can get some sleep before exams

I feel exactly the same thing. i felt exactly the same thing at the beginning of year 11 and just after the mocks. when push comes to shove, we're[I'm] just going to sit there aimlessly not revising. It's bound to happen!
hmm... well after failing re today (not re really, its more like social ethics wiht a tiny bit religion thrown in and is not as easy on normal re imo) and revising the night before/not at all i have come to the conclusion:

- i should revise :biggrin:
- or take subjects that dont take any revision if you understand it very well (eg maths :biggrin:)

and im too lazy and unmotivated, should have come out with 5 a* and 4 a's but instead i'll probs be stuck with 1a*, 4a, 3b and a c, just because im lazy and done no work :frown: and now i wish i had worked becasue i have all summer to sit and do nothing after next week :frown:
Reply 13
1) start revising earlier, i started the year with such good intentions and revised so much for the mocks that i burnt myself out too early and did nothing until about a week before the exams
2)read notes from the lessons that day when i get home just to reinforce what i have learnt that day
3) don't let coursework stress me out so much, i got it in for every subject on time with good marks so needn't have worried myself so much
4) actually stick to my revision timetable
Reply 14
last year i left all my gcse coursework til the night before and each night while i was finishing coursework, exhausted, i thought 'never again! i will do each bit of the coursework when the teacher sets it next time' and guess what- did exactly the same this year with my AS coursework! i don't want to repeat this next year!
Next year i must:
1) revise all the hard/unenjoyable topics FIRST to get them out the way...as i decided to avoid all these and now that my energy is drained i'm having to put my poor tired brain through absorbing all the confusing stuff...
2) make revision notes throughout the year whilst stuff is still fresh in my head so i don't have the problem of taking hours to retrieve information to revise a certain concept
3) don't leave c/w till night before
........ have a feeling that come next year i will be to lazy to put these into practice as i'll just be thinking, like this year, 'ahh i got pleeeenty of time to go...i'll do it another day..' that day never arrives!
Reply 16
Start revising earlier! HUGE one for me. I left it way too late and am now kicking myself about it.
Construct a timetable and stick to it. Just saying "i'll do such and such next" really doesn't work. :frown:
Reply 17
butterfly_girl_5

:ditto: totally :smile:
Hmmm
1. Definitely start revision earlier
2.Try not to ignore the harder topics because they came back to haunt me in the exams.
3.Make sure I read the specification and know exaclty what I need to learn
4. Try to spend more time on complex subjects rather than spreading equal time on all of them
5. Get enough rest the night before, so I dont almost dose off during the exam, just like I did for ICT.
6. Do more independent study rather than rely on my teachers to teach me everything.
7. Follow all the above and stick to revision timetable.
Reply 19
I din't think I'd do much differently. There's little need to revise loads if you understood something the first time around. So, I guess, I'll make sure I understand things the first time around :biggrin:

Latest