The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Help With Accommodation

I have just accepted my offer at Portsmouth... finally!! then realised that there is no space in halls at all and that i now need to speed things up about finding a house etc..

i have no clue what i should/shouldn't be doing so i was wondering if anyone could help give me a few pointers?
Reply 1
There's an event on the 31st for freshers who didn't get into halls if you want to go.

There's also a facebook group!!

--> https://www.facebook.com/groups/180278812119738/
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Reply 2
Oh brilliant!!! Thankyou :smile: ill do both!

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do you accept your offer? I havent done anything as i dont know what i should do. I thought they would send an email telling what needs to be done but so far theres been nothing. Also i havent booked a place in halls. I need help :frown:
Reply 4
Finding a house share is really easy with Portsmouth uni, they have loads of resources to help you out. You can email [email protected] if you're really worried but I recommend going to one of the house hunting days if you're able to get there. There is a lot of student accommodation throughout Portsmouth. You can use http://www.portsmouthstudentpad.co.uk/ to find a place yourself, I recommend using this website as all of the landlords who advertise on there are handled by the uni and have to meet a required standard. It also means you don't have to pay admin fees which can sometimes be huge like an extra few hundred if you go with a private agency.
Don't worry about it though, just look for others in the same position as you on the facebook group. You'll be looking to live in areas such as Fratton and Southsea. As close to PO1 2DF area as you can get. Fratton is around 25 minute walk down 1-2 popular roads. The far end of Southsea is around 35-40 minutes but most of the student houses are closer so around 25-35 mins. These are ones closer to Albert Road and Fawcett Road.

Feel free to message me if you need any help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending