The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

University Accommodation University of Glasgow

Hi , I am an undergraduate student, starting my Bacholar's this september at University of Glasgow. I had applied for University accommodation before 14 July and got an offer but could not confirm it as I could not arrange for funds and documents in time. My offer was hence withdrawn. I understand that University accommodation is offered only once and I can't reapply online. But is there a chance to get university accommodation if it's still available. I apologise for the inconvenience but now I have funds and papers all in order. I really wish to be accommodated in the university accommodation as I am undergraduate first year student and this will help me adjust well in the city. Looking forward to hearing from you

Regards Akshat
(edited 8 months ago)
I have worked in student accommodation in a professional capacity and am familiar with the housing situation in Glasgow.

I estimate that you have zero chance at getting another offer of accommodation by the Uni who has already made clear to you its 1 offer policy.

You were prioritised and failed to meet the terms of the offer. The room you were allocated will have already been accepted by another student who organised themselves better.

One of the most frustrating parts of my Uni accommodation job (not at Glasgow Uni) was dealing with students who rejected an offer of accommodation despite being told they would not get a 2nd.

I would deal with hundreds of students during the term who insisted they were in housing need after declining their offer from us. In every instance I would tell them we had absolutely no rooms available on campus (this was true) and they had to find their own private accommodation.

They would be stunned because they felt entitled to help but I would tell them to reread our housing policy and the terms of the accommodation offer they received.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi Thanks for your reply.

I understand your point. I am sure everyone at the university would definitely want to help new comers.
Look forward to a good time at the university of Glasgow.
Regards
Original post by Momostan1234
Hi Thanks for your reply.

I understand your point. I am sure everyone at the university would definitely want to help new comers.
Look forward to a good time at the university of Glasgow.
Regards

Yes, by giving you advice how to find private accommodation towards the outer areas of Glasgow or surrounding towns now that you failed to accept your offer of nearby accommodation when there is a student housing crisis in the city. I recommend you book temporary accommodation for your arrival.

This is their Uni housing policy:-

Notes on the Accommodation Guarantee

The University Accommodation Guarantee extends to one offer of accommodation only. The guarantee does not extend to couples or family accommodation.
If you reject or fail to accept an offer by the expiry date there is no guarantee any further offer will be made.
Reply 4
Thanks once again for your kind advice. Regards

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending