The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Pooley House Students

Hey,
just today I got my placement at Pooley and I'm 99% accepting it. I'm an international student from Italy so on-campus accomodation is a must for me.
However, I was wondering, are there any of you who are staying at Pooley House? Let's get it started.

P.S. Is it just me or do you also agree that the showers are pretty depressing?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am in Pooley House as well, I paid my deposit earlier today. :smile:
All the showers I looked at were like that, but I'm still happy to have my own and not be sharing it. Some TLC and they will be fine, I am sure.
I'm studying Astrophysics and I am so excited, I am still giddy that I got in!
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by supernovanessa
Hey,
just today I got my placement at Pooley and I'm 99% accepting it. I'm an international student from Italy so on-campus accomodation is a must for me.
However, I was wondering, are there any of you who are staying at Pooley House? Let's get it started.

P.S. Is it just me or do you also agree that the showers are pretty depressing?

Hi! I'm also staying in Pooley House- I'm in 28I I think :smile: I'm really nervous about moving in so it'll be nice to know of some people in the same place before we go! In regards to the showers, to be honest, I'm just happy to have my own, I couldn't bear the thought of sharing a bathroom with seven strangers. I think it would have been ok eventually, but at the beginning it would have been so strange.
I am in 41A! My question is, in which orders are the room? Is there a flat letter and a room number or viceversa? Sorry, might sound stupid, but I'm just wondering.
Original post by RhiannonMay
I am in Pooley House as well, I paid my deposit earlier today. :smile:
All the showers I looked at were like that, but I'm still happy to have my own and not be sharing it. Some TLC and they will be fine, I am sure.
I'm studying Astrophysics and I am so excited, I am still giddy that I got in!

Me too. I'm from far away so all this is very much exciting. I read my personal statement again today after some months and it seemed like so long ago when we were all struggling with applications and similar crap.
I am in 41A! My question is, in which orders are the room? Is there a flat letter and a room number or viceversa? Sorry, might sound stupid, but I'm just wondering.

No that doesn't sound stupid at all, I was super confused too! From what I've read there's two flats on each floor, so there would also be flat 40 or 42 on your floor with you and then there's however many rooms to each flat or kitchen or whatever, given that mine is 28I I'd imagine there's 9?
Reply 6
Original post by SophieKennett
No that doesn't sound stupid at all, I was super confused too! From what I've read there's two flats on each floor, so there would also be flat 40 or 42 on your floor with you and then there's however many rooms to each flat or kitchen or whatever, given that mine is 28I I'd imagine there's 9?

Its literally huge......went with a mate to his mates, take the lift up, long corridor with loads of rooms and a kitchen of course, good amount of space as well.
Reply 7
Original post by Iqbal007
take the lift up

Your words bring me joy!

I've been dreading the possibility of carrying all the stuff I have accumulated up stairs. (Silly I know)
Reply 8
Original post by RhiannonMay
Your words bring me joy!

I've been dreading the possibility of carrying all the stuff I have accumulated up stairs. (Silly I know)

Of course it would have a lift, its got a lot of floors.......though expect it to be busy when your moving in
I'll probably be moving in all the way from Italy alone. *sadface*
Do freshers usually have their parents/friends?
Reply 10
Woo, I'm in Pooley House!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I got into queen maary and I've been allocated pooley house yay! The room that I have got is 37G. I have no idea how the layout of the rooms work. Can someone help, am I at the top of the building or at the bottom?
Original post by Rajvir
I got into queen maary and I've been allocated pooley house yay! The room that I have got is 37G. I have no idea how the layout of the rooms work. Can someone help, am I at the top of the building or at the bottom?

You are in the center of the fresher universe.

PS. Nobody knows anything about the layout, really.
Reply 13
You are in the center of the fresher universe.

PS. Nobody knows anything about the layout, really.

LOL I think we're going to have to find out when we get there.
I'm in Pooley House too! I'm in flat 43. I'm curious about the layout of the building... I think I read somewhere that there are 8 floors. I'm just relieved that I got en-suite! :smile:
Original post by shannons-chateau
I'm in Pooley House too! I'm in flat 43. I'm curious about the layout of the building... I think I read somewhere that there are 8 floors. I'm just relieved that I got en-suite! :smile:

Who knows!? What letter are you? I'm 41A (already mentioned that).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who knows!? What letter are you? I'm 41A (already mentioned that).

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm 43D :smile:
Reply 17
Hi guys!
I am In 44C, Having looked at the building, and having nothing better to do I think I have worked out a general layout. The block is split into 3 blocks, each with its own lift, there are 8 floors and 2 flats to each floor in each block. there are 48 flats in total. I reckon then the the higher the number, the higher the floor but It could be that the fat numbers go up to the top of the first block and then start again at the next block.
Reply 18
Hey :-)

I am in flat 47 anybody in the same flat/ close by :-)

See you soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im in 15I anyone else ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending